Post subject: Re: Hak List Request
PostPosted: May 22nd, '09, 19:10 
Twilight Council

Whenever I get there I will of course. Don't worry about it

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Hak List Request
PostPosted: May 31st, '09, 17:01 
Twilight Council

Alright guys here's the deal. Selinria is back and she wants to work on stuff during the summer so we'll postpone the whole hak ordeal for later, we have a lot to do to the current module with the current haks altogether.

As well as the following things will be required to be done if we add new haks.

- Check for head / wing changes on existing npcs on the palette. (Few hundred things to open , edit and close which is about five minutes each.)
*This one can only be done by somebody that knows what they were supposed to look like.

- Check for clothing appearance changes, missing parts, possibly crashing conflicts. (Few hundred as well.)
*This can only be done by somebody that knows what they were supposed to look like.

- Apply the new looks, edit the old content with the new content so it's actually used in one way or another. (Hell if I know how long.)
* I have my own idea of what I want and how it should look so again, it's up to me.

- Adding the haks themselves, has to be done one by one which means the module will render the person's computer unusable for at least an hour or two but that's not just it because while the toolset builds the module it tends to give error messages that all you have to do with is hit "OK" often several dozens of times in a row.

That said it's two haks even if the new cep is just one hak but I hear it's more than one.

Can't do all this currently, not worth the effort, the module is fine the way it is. Probably later but right now it's not the module that needs to really be tweaked but instead we need common effort to bring the whole thing to life. Of course Lore is hard at work and so have I been, spawns, stores, npcs, scripts and quests are being tweaked, added, optimized.

But in the end it's the people that count, I'd love to see a lot of good role play on the server once again, not just four people giving the best though.

Offline Profile