Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 20:56

PostPosted: Apr 19th, '10, 06:52 
Level 7 Player Character

I've had this problem the last two times visiting the forge. Both enchanting jewelry.

First test: +5 wizard amulet trying to make it +6.

The value reset back to +1. Glor told me I probably went over the maximum value.

I tried it today on something smaller, +4 AC amulet which value wise is only 17k. Same thing, I spent 1k xp and 10,000 gold and it reverted back to a value of +1.

To test further, I enchanted a random belt with +1 dex with regen, and it loaded the regen on there just fine.

I'm wondering if this is scripting, or if jewelry just can't be enchanted...the forge says it can do it. *Shrugs* =/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 19th, '10, 07:06 
Level 10 Player Character

It has to do with how the enchanting script works. It can't tell how much dexterity the item has. I think it works just fine for enchantment and AC since there is an actual function provided by Bioware to increment those two, but for every other property - you have to do lots of annoying things which the script doesn't do.

Currently the script assumes that the item is unenchanted, and it stores a variable on the item to keep track of the bonuses. Of course the variable is only set/incremented if the script added that property not if the property was added through some other means.

When you add properties that don't exist on the item, it'll work just fine since theres no need to increment.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 19th, '10, 14:53 
Twilight Council

The script is designed to stop people from fucking around and abusing it and getting statistical values over +5, or making overwhelmingly stupid combinations of stats by taking a +5 AC item with bonus spells and concentration bonus applied and adding 6 charisma to it to free up a ring slot for something else or whatever else.

Essentially, the forge will wipe previous AC from it and start again from 1, then 2, then 3, etc. It was designed for crap items to be used on them; basic swords and weapons and what have you. It was not implimented to give you a reason to get +9 on your +5 wizard amulets, or +5 AC on your +4 wizard amulets. It was meant as a transition period to give you something to work with whilst leveling up before you get faction gear. Orizvi is apparently working on fixing it so that you can do what you want, however, I believe.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 19th, '10, 15:30 
Level 10 Player Character

I'm just super duper slow :D

Offline Profile