Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 16:51

Post subject: Dusk and Dawn
PostPosted: Aug 5th, '10, 15:17 
Twilight Council

Coming soon to a server near you!

((Keep in mind that you should not post under this topic. Pm me if you're interested in details or if you want to join in on the quest. I'll probably begin to run this in the beginning of September or late August, and will announce the actual event times here (and add details). All levels are welcome. This will be problem-solving based, so it's technically possible for the level 40s to be in the background while the level 3s become the heroes. If no one shows up, then I'll reschedule. If only one person shows up, I'm going to run it anyway. ^^))

Darkest Before Dawn

Keldrin had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb,
Keldrin had a little lamb with heart as pure as snow.
And everywhere that Keldrin went, Keldrin went, Keldrin went,
And everywhere that Keldrin went, the lamb was sure to go.
She followed him to Hell one day, Hell one day, Hell one day,
She followed him to Hell one day which was against the rules.
It made the Devils sneer and say, sneer and say, sneer and say,
It made the Devils sneer and say, “oh what a little fool.”
So the Devils tore her flesh, tore her flesh, tore her flesh,
So the Devils tore her flesh, but still she stayed so near.
And sought patiently ‘til Keldrin did appear.
“Why does the Lamb love Keldrin so, Keldrin so, Keldrin so?”
“Why does the Lamb love Keldrin so,” the eager Devils cry.
“For Keldrin loves the Lamb you know, Lamb you know, Lamb you know,”
“For Keldrin loves the Lamb you know,” the Master did reply.

The room was grand by any standard. Rich tapestries hung along the walls, depicting wars long gone and hard-fought battles. Angels and Devils grappled with each other while the gods stood nearby. There was Silvana with her emerald gown. There was Haniel with his purple eyes. Above them all was a creature of immeasurable beauty. Downy wings spread outwards and cloaked all of the figures with golden threads.
Yet although the tapestries were certainly detailed and opulent, they were nothing compared with the rest of the room. A rug, imported from B’Ahal, lay across the floor. Leather sofas and chairs, stuffed to bursting were placed strategically about the room. Book cases with volumes upon volumes lines the walls in oak. A fireplace, now empty due to the summer months, hosted an array of small miniatures on its mantel.
A young woman sat within one of the chairs next to the empty grate. Her fingers gently probed a small creature within her lap, its white fur carefully brushed to perfection. Raven locks hid her face from view, cascading down her back and towards her slim waist. She smiled to herself as she continued to brush the creature’s fur. It twitched slightly, perhaps flinching, “There, there, mummy won’t leave you.”
She reached towards a small, mahogany desk next to her. Her hand clasped something cold and hard. Her smile grew, “Mummy is going to make it all better.”
Footsteps rang down the hall and the woman’s smile flickered and then died from her face. She looked towards the double doors. Closer he came, again and again. The doors swung open, revealing Him.
“Drusilla,” He grinned and opened his arms wide, waiting for the inevitable show of affection. The young woman cried out, her smile returning to her face as she let go of the small, trembling creature. She rushed towards the man, jumping into his arms with a laugh.
“You did not say you would come. I thought you had forgotten about me.” Her black eyes turned towards his, her lower lip pouting faintly and adding to the overall charm of her pale face.
He stroked her hair with one hand, “Dear Drusilla, you know I’m busy these days.”
“Yes…the Raven.” Her eyes became unfocused as she looked over His shoulder. He gently set her down, watching her intently.
She continued with a faint, dreamy smile. Her head turned upwards as she looked towards the ceiling with a sigh, “The Raven and the Lamb. The Swan has come as well, you know.”
“Yes, I’m aware.”
Her head jerked to look at him, her hands clenching and unclenching as her teeth gnashed together, “Then why…”
“You didn’t need to know, Drus…”
With a scream of fury, the woman lunged at the man. Her fingers became claws as she snarled and tore at his face. Blood flowed and caked under her nails as he cried out and tried to pull her off of him. Her voice echoed through the room as the scream went on and on…
And then, the laughter. It grew to a crescendo and then began to die. Drusilla slowly let her hands fall to her sides, blood seeping into the carpet as her laughter rang out, loud and long.
The man brushed off his mutilated face with a sigh, dabbing at it with a monogrammed handkerchief, “Was that really necessary, Drusilla?”
Her laughter ceased abruptly as she focused on him, methodically wiping her hands on the hem of her silk dress, “Yes.”
His hand darted forward and cupped her chin gently, turning her head first to the right and then to the left. The smile returned to her face, as pleasant as before. The man carefully let go of her before speaking, “I love it when you do that.”
The smile slowly increased as the man continued to speak, “And to make up for not telling you, I have a job for you.”
Drusilla’s eyes sparkled as she clapped her hands with glee, “What sort of job? Is it…”
“I need you to make them understand, Drusilla. For far too long, they have walked in ignorance. They do not know that they are controlled. It’s all a game, Drusilla, and we need to teach them that.”
She nodded fervently, her eyes becoming dreamy once more, “But he has turned into the Raven…is it…”
He interrupted her quickly, “It’s unfortunate that they got to him in the end. But it’s still possible, Drusilla. I need you to recruit, to tell the others. And for those that do not see the way,” he paused briefly, honeyed words congealing before flowing once more. “I’ll let you use your imagination.”
Drusilla bowed her head with a faint smile, “Yes, my Master.” She slowly went over towards the chair and table once again, looking towards the small, furry creature. Its wide eyes looked up at her piteously.

...The animal’s cry was barely heard within the thick walls of the study...

Title OSST - Official Server Sneaky Thing - Granted by Official Server Grouch
Title Grammar Police - Granted by community.
Title Pollcat - Granted by community.

Last edited by Archer14 on Aug 15th, '10, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Dusk and Dawn
PostPosted: Aug 15th, '10, 02:57 
Twilight Council

((I will begin to hold the introduction for this series of events on August 21st at 7 pm GMT (that's 2 pm EST or 1 pm Central). If you are interested in playing an evil character or if you already have an evil character, I will be giving ample opportunity for them to participate in these events! I will be running both "good guy" and "bad guy" sections on alternating weeks. Feel free to pm me if you're interested.))

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Aug 26th, '10, 01:58 
Twilight Council

Temptation

“Will you walk into my parlor?” said the spider to the fly,
“’Tis the prettiest little parlor that you ever did spy;
The way into my parlor is up a winding stair,
And I have many curious things to show you when you are there.”
“Oh no, no,” said the Fly, “to ask me is vain;
For who goes up your winding stair can ne’er come down again.”

“I’m sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high;
Will you rest upon my little bed?” said the Spider to the Fly.
“There are pretty curtains drawn around, the sheets are fine and thin;
And if you like to rest awhile, I’ll snugly tuck you in!”
“Oh no, no,” said the little Fly, “for I’ve often heard it said
They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed!”

Said the cunning Spider to the Fly, "Dear friend, what can I do
To prove that warm affection I've always felt for you?
I have within my pantry, good store of all that's nice;
I'm sure you're very welcome - will you please take a slice?"
"Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "kind miss, that cannot be,
I've heard what's in your pantry, and I do not wish to see!"

"Sweet creature," said the Spider, "you're witty and you're wise;
How handsome are your gauzy wings, how brilliant are your eyes!
I have a little looking-glass upon my parlor shelf;
If you step in one moment, dear, you shall behold yourself."
"I thank you, gentle miss," he said, "for what you're pleased to say;
And bidding good morning now, I'll call another day."

The Spider turned round about, and went into her den,
For well she knew the silly Fly would soon come back again;
So she wove a subtle web in a little corner sly,
And set her table ready to dine upon the Fly;
then she came out to her door again, and merrily did sing,
"Come hither, hither, pretty Fly, with the pearl and silver wing;
Your robes are green and purple, there's a crest upon your head;
Your eyes are like the diamond bright, but mine are as dull as lead."

Alas, alas! how very soon this silly little Fly,
Hearing her wily, flattering words, came slowly flitting by;
With buzzing wings he hung aloft, then near and nearer drew, -
Thinking only of his brilliant eyes, and green and purple hue;
Thinking only of his crested head - poor foolish thing! At last,
Up jumped the cunning Spider, and fiercely held him fast.
She dragged him up her winding stair, into her dismal den
Within her little parlor - but he ne'er came out again!

Regular tapping sounded along the stone corridors. First one step and then another followed by the rest. The sound of silk skirts could soon be heard, rustling faintly before a turning doorknob and her entrance signaled her final arrival.
The man glanced up from his book, leather bound and cracked. He rewarded her with a nod as she approached. Firelight in golden sconces along the walls reflected off her pale skin, allowing her the artificiality of a rosy cheek. She came to stand before him, as obedient as any school girl before her teacher. He closed his book and looked up at her.
“Well, Drusilla? Tell me of your exploits. Have you secured the people I requested?”
She glanced downwards, dark eyes flickering to look at the closed book before fixing firmly on the carpeted floor, “Some. I have the Snake, I have the Crow. The Raven I do not know. He wants something that only you can give him.”
The man lay his hands flat on the desk before him, studying the woman closely, “And the others?”
“I do not know if the Swan will agree. And Gabriel dislikes me.”
The man shook his head slowly, “How could anyone dislike my Drusilla?” He gestured her closer with one hand and she obliged. He carefully removed her silk glove, running his fingers over her own. “It’s not unexpected. I wanted to give him the option, however. I assume you’ve tempted them all sufficiently.”
The man smiled at her. She lifted her eyes for a moment to return it with her own before continuing, “The Rat has also agreed. The Cat and the Panther…I do not know.”
He dropped her hand after a moment, “You will have to discuss with me later what the…Raven wants. I’m sure I can oblige. And what about…what name do you use? Ah, yes, the Lamb?”
Drusilla’s eyes dropped to her feet again, tresses falling about her face in waves, “…I don’t want to.”
In an instant, the man grabbed her chin, staring intently into the bottomless pits of her eyes. She looked back unblinkingly as he spoke, “My dear, have you taken your pills today?”
She continued looking at him without shifting her gaze, “No.”
He let go of her chin gently, reaching into a pouch at his side to remove a small vial filled with blue capsules. He poured out two in his hand, holding them out to her, “Take them.”
She didn’t look at the pills, “No.”
“Don’t make me force you, Drusilla.” He continued to hold the pills out towards her, “Now take them.”
Her hands clenched and unclenched, the nails of one digging in her flesh. She continued staring at him for a moment before her gaze shifted entirely. Addressing the bookcase behind him she let out a terrifying screech, “You can’t make me! No one can make me!” She lurched forward and began throwing books off of the shelves, tearing pages to leave them scattered upon the ground as she continued to scream. “No! No! No!” Her nails dug into leather. Her stronger arm ripped covers as she continued.
The man watched her for a moment before reaching for the pitcher of spring water on the table. He carefully poured it into a glass as she continued her tantrum. He then dropped both pills within it.
With speed that would impress even the fastest monk, he grabbed Drusilla’s arm and pulled her to her feet. She screamed at him, spittle flying in his face as he grabbed the back of her head and then tipped the glass of water into her mouth forcefully. She spluttered, liquid dribbling onto the rug, but he persisted. After a moment, she stopped struggling.
He let go of her gently, “See? Isn’t that better?”
She wiped the water on her chin with the back of her sleeve and nodded silently, “Thank you.”
He placed the empty glass on the table; blue droplets pooled at the bottom. “Business before pleasure, Drusilla. Now tell me about these…temptations.”
Once more a smile lit her face into brilliance. The murmuring of their conversation could be heard long into the night.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 1st, '10, 15:29 
Twilight Council

Fallen

Ba, ba, black sheep, have you seen the fool?
Yes, miss! Yes, miss! In all bags full.
The mind for the Master, the heart for the dame,
The soul for the other one who shall be unnamed.
Ba, ba, black sheep, have you seen the fool?
Yes, miss! Yes, miss! His blood does pool.

A young man strode from the city, his usually confident step slowed as he wandered thoughtfully onto the wide fields before Solinar. A setting sun caught his blonde hair in flashes, turning it to burnished gold and fiery orange. He could see farmers packing up for the day, coming in from the fields to eat and to be with their families. The smell of cooking meat and stews wafted towards him on an errant breeze, and he closed his eyes.
Where did he fit into all of this? The rustle of trees, the crackle of dead leaves, the soft feel of dirt under his boot. That is what he knew. The gentle curve of a deer’s trail, the rough bark left on a tree by a bear, the scent of wood smoke and spicy pine. That is what he knew.
Now what? He opened his eyes to look towards the trees, watching as they bowed and swayed under the late summer breezes. A chill in the air spoke of the coming autumn and eventually winter, biting and cold. Why him?
Dark. That’s how he would describe the woman. Hair like raven wings and eyes as dark as night. Pale skin and dark clothes. If he didn’t know better, he would have pinned her as a vampire. But what she said…it made sense. And why would she be working with an Angel if she meant any harm?
He stared thoughtfully towards the horizon, watching as gold and blue turned to pale pink, saffron, and purple. The last of the rays dipped below the horizon, leaving him to stand in dim twilight.
He had chosen.

The wooden structure was modest. Although it contained several large rooms, they were sparsely furnished. Threadbare rugs adorned the floor and only a few chairs were scattered about, perhaps the remnants of searches through trash heaps or yard sales. A woman sat on one worn sofa, her eyes wandering to look at the ceiling, damp with mildew and other stains.
“Drusilla?”
The woman looked towards the voice and smiled, white teeth flashing in the gloom, “Yes.”
The man looked with some distaste at the room, though didn’t comment on it. He approached the worn sofa and sat down beside her, “How was it? Were you able to convince him?”
“Yes,” she fiddled with her dress a bit, eyes lowering to look towards it. “The Raven has also joined us now that he knows we can provide him with what he wants.”
“Good. Good. And what about the Lamb?”
There was a long pause as Drusilla continued to fiddle with her dress, not looking up.
“Drusilla, what about the Lamb?”
She slowly clasped her hands, clenching them tightly together. She turned to look at the man before her, smiling faintly as she replied.
“I told her I was his sister.”

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 23rd, '10, 05:30 
Twilight Council

Taken

Mark be nimble,
Mark be quick,
Mark don’t hide, you’re the one we pick.
Mark be nimble,
Mark be quick,
Mark you’re now in the very thick.
Mark be nimble,
Mark be quick,
Mark shall die by my little trick.

His breath caught in his throat as he tried to remain quiet. It was hard. He had run for at least a mile and a half in an attempt to escape, and she was still coming. He needed a place to hide- badly. He pushed his damp hair back from his forehead, eyes flickering towards the damp, stone walls and metal grate above. A few rays of sunlight filtered downwards into the sewers.
He heard footsteps drawing closer. They didn’t pound, but instead tapped slowly along the uneven stones. He held his breath, remaining silent as her voice floated towards him.
“Mark, I know you’re here.”
His stomach plummeted to the bottom of his feet. He hurried looked around and then leapt at a small alcove in the sewers, wedging himself in between two stones. He didn’t want to be found; especially not by her.
He took stock of his supplies. He had already used the last of his invisibility potions, but he had a few smoke bombs. In a pinch, he could use them to hopefully gain some more time. He waited as her steps moved closer; he forced his breath to come more softly as his hands gripped the cracked stone.
“Mark…”
He closed his eyes, praying to any gods that would hear him that she wouldn’t find him. He couldn’t believe she had found him in the first place. It was supposed to be a simple drop. Trade the book to the wealthy Kallahan elite for a few sacks of gold. Instead, she had been there…waiting.
“Mark…”
He held his breath, his dark hair falling into his eyes as her footsteps came and then passed him, echoing down the sewer passage. He exhaled slowly, leaning back in his nook as he took stock of the situation at hand.
No doubt the woman would continue to pursue him. He had a feeling she had gotten a tracer of some sort on him. How? He didn’t know. But that wasn’t the important thing at the moment. What was important was that she wanted him and he didn’t know why.
Puq had warned him; he should have listened. But then why didn’t he prevent him from going back to B’Ahal? He turned over the idea in his head for a few moments before dismissing it as irrelevant to his predicament. He would have to find some way to get out of the lower parts of B’Ahal and perhaps onto a ship. If possible, he would find one with several different stops to avoid an easy tracking.
He slowly eased himself up into a crouching position. Only faint drips echoed through the passage; no footsteps, no breathing. He poked his head out and swung himself down from his perch, landing quietly. It was when he turned around that she poked her head out from around the corner.
“Boo.”
He stared at her dark eyes, unable to move and unable to scream. She approached him with the same easiness as before, dark waves of hair rippling behind her until she was close enough to touch him. With one hand she tapped him on the shoulder and he felt an involuntary shudder run through his frame.
“Mark, we need to talk.”

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 27th, '10, 02:05 
Twilight Council

Death

Ring around the wall now.
Hope he doesn’t fall now.
Ashes, Ashes!
Luke falls down!

Once more they sat within the comfortable study. A fire crackled merrily in the hearth as its light cast flickering shadows upon the leather backs of precious volumes and cracked scrolls. The stern faces of those long past stared out from gilt frames, daring anyone to disturb their peaceful existence upon the stone walls.
The man sat in his usual leather chair as he swirled the last of the pinot noir in his glass. He stared thoughtfully at the woman across from him, her dark eyes focused demurely at the rug. Every so often her gloved hands would twitch before lying still again on the smooth fabric of her dress.
“I’m disappointed in you, Drusilla.”
The woman continued studying the rug in silence. He took a sip of the wine before continuing, “He was an important asset to us. Allowing him to die is not acceptable. We needed exactly four to complete the ritual. You do know what this means for you, don’t you?”
Drusilla raised her head, her eyes oddly bright in the fire’s glow, “Yes.”
The man placed the wine glass on the small side table, moving to take a seat on the arm of Drusilla’s chair. With one hand he stroked her hair, speaking to her softly, “I will miss you, Drusilla. But in the meantime, you can still do some good. You’d like that, wouldn’t you?” He leaned forward to kiss her forehead.
She bowed her head in response, eyes studying the carpet once more, “What’s done shall be done.”
The man suddenly laced his fingers through her dark locks, jerking her head upwards to look at him. “You know I really hate to do this, Drusilla. I’ll always love you.”
A smile brightened her face before she responded, “I know.”

…The sounds of her screams that night were muffled by the carpeted floor…

Offline Profile