Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 13:11

PostPosted: Sep 27th, '07, 01:57 
Level 20 Player Character

Prax's First Theorem
Marren Prax The Mad

How how does one grow more powerful as time passes? All can see that the brave hero who goes out slaying beasts reaches his peak long before the hero who guards the peaceful village he once saved from gnolls.

I believe this has something to do with a natural energy called 'spirit energy'. When a person is born a certain amount of spirit energy is given to them by the gods. As they grow older this spirit energy may increase or decrease in amount.

I believe that spirit energy increases through stress. The greater amount of stress the body is put through the more their spirit energy will grow in power. be warned however, there is a limit to the amount of growth, my studies have even concluded that too much stress will start to decrease this growth, even to the point of truly epic stress resulting in no growth at all.

Can a person lose spirit energy? There have been hundreds of written records showing that at one point in a heroes life he has suddenly become weaker, his power drained. Some spirits can cause this, literally sapping away at a person’s spirit energy. Some extreme stress can do this as well, even the gods have been known to suddenly strip away a person’s spirit energy leaving them with only a fraction of their previous power.

What happens when all spirit energy is lost? I believe that over time a persons spirit energy wanes and as this occurs I believe old age and death follows. This would mean of course that the elfin folk possess a lot more spirit energy than the other demihuman races. This is not true, instead their bodies are better suited for using spirit energy, thus while a human may use say for example, five units of spirit energy per day an elf will only use one. In this way the long life enjoyed by elves occurs.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 27th, '07, 02:44 
Level 20 Player Character

[[Yes the above was an attempt to explain exp gain and leveling up in a IC manner.]]

Offline Profile