Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 19:07

PostPosted: Feb 23rd, '08, 17:35 
Twilight Council

The Lotus - Phenomenon
- how Lotus Disciples are seen nationwide.

Terrible mannerless children in their terribly mannerless clothing - said Lady Theresa McGowan of Nherazkar after her son has been hit between the legs several times in a row for abusing an elven child.
Oh damn, they're steaming hot! Damn right, I've got pictures of Anni allover my locker. - A student from Solinar.
I would like to thank these magnificent young women for their greater efforts at keeping my city's streets tidy and cleaning up the scum that the tide draws in at the docks. - Communique from Lord Pelgrin Swordjust, Solinar
I want to be just like them when I grow up. - Westport Shillan monk trainee.
Yay for Ally , she saved my father's life at the docks when he was attacked by stray Sauha.. Sahua... fishfaces! - Bobby, six years old.

The average teenage girl sees these energetic , well-trained female monks as either black or white. Those with malicious nature call them total whores for how they dress and behave, those with more information and a better judgment speak of them as real heroes and perhaps even idols. The truth has more to do with the latter: undeniable efforts at saving lives, healing and curing those in need of it, and donating what-ever price they get from the government to noble causes such as the church and the orphanage are only a few remarkable deeds of a remarkable monk order of unusual nature.
Boys also have different opinions of the girls but all of them agree in two things: getting kicked by one is to be avoided and they are indeed very remarkable. Of course none of the boys have ever been kicked by the girls and rumors about what color panties they wear are too a false propaganda.
Among the city guard it is apparent that every second officer has had a Lotus encounter before while doing their jobs, most of them witnessed heroic deeds and no doubt support their activities.
Solinar's Liutenant Colonel Karani Sannard of the Regional Sentry remarked that the crime-rate has dropped by a whole six percent since the girls have been out and about. "They help me pick up all the beer cans the sailors leave lying about, they help old ladies carry their bags and force crime to its knees, often literally." she added laughing.
"What do you mean what do I think of Lotus Girls?! They buy their clothes from me. I am a fan!" - said Tracy while selling short skirts to a whole dozen of citizens, even some whom the writer of this article would rather not see wearing one.

- Turlin Oaksylver, Loremaster of Solinar , The Rising Sun issue# 324

Offline Profile