Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 16:17

PostPosted: May 30th, '10, 08:18 
Level 6 Player Character

Introduction- What this book is about and what is the purpose of this book.

Hello, my name is Michael Lyonars and I'm writing this book in regards to combat. Specifically how and what you would want to use in battle. Originally, this book was specifically created for me to jot down my unique technique that I’m working on, which I’ll write down in a later chapter, but as I was writing it I realized that there are simple core concepts that one can learn and understand for use in battle. This is why I’m writing this book in hopes that eventually people can learn some of the techniques in here and use them.

First thing first, if you plan on going out in the world you will need a weapon. You could be a monk or a sexy Lotus girl with their short skirts and high heels……. and make your body your weapon or you can be like the rest of us and choose a weapon. First thing to realize is depending on what you do in combat depends on what you use. If you’re a sneaky assassin, you’re probably not going to use a two handed axe and if you’re a hulking monster of a beast, then you will not use a flimsy whip or a wand. So pick accordingly.

Chapter One - How to choose your weapon.
Well, you won’t know exactly which weapon suits your personality and flare the best until you have tried them all and you won’t be enthusiastic learning about weapons that you have no interest in wielding. Let the right weapon tell you when it is right for you, you will know when you wield the perfect one. I want to also add, trying all of the weapons in a sense simply mean pick up a weapon or a few and do a few swings with it see if it fits you. You don’t have to be proficient with all weapons just pick them up and play with them for a little bit before one stands out to you.

On a rant/side note of sorts, if you plan on becoming a master in weapons you will have to be proficient with all weapons. If you simply master just one weapon you can be exceptional with it but your flaw will be what you can’t understand, for example fighting against somebody who uses a halberd. Let’s say Halberd man is attacking you. Unless you’ve been training against that specific type of fighting you may not expect what Halberd man is capable of. However, if you are proficient with all weapons you can decently understand what that person is capable of and what to expect from that weapon. With that knowledge, you can understand how far they can attack or how one can swing their weapon and use that to your advantage. Without training on all weapons, for this example a halberd, you won’t understand the intricate aspect of the combat against Halberd Man.

Back to my main point, if you like your weapon then you will eventually get better with it because you care for it. It in itself will give you a reason to continue practicing with your weapon. This is where this book comes into play. If you follow these concepts and techniques, I guarantee that you will become a threat in battle.

Let us look at an overall view of weapons….

[The next few pages talks about basic types of weapons]

Now after you chose your weapon or weapons, the main concept is how you attack with your weapon. Get into a habit of swinging with it. If you use an axe you will make me happy inside and if you want to get better with it go practice chopping wood. Though make sure your local druid is ok with you chopping wood or else you will get elves knocking on your door and who knows what they will do to you if you accidentally chopped one of them when they were rooted into the ground for some random reason. If you use a sword, practice your swing and slice with it.

The main thing I want to say is to get familiar with using it. Now one thing to remember and I stress this is that repetitiveness in combat leads to your opponent predicting your move which lead to you getting stabbed, swiped, chopped, sliced….anyway you put it, dead. I know, I know you just chose your weapon but keep that in the back of your mind. If you are constantly attacking using the same repetitive motion, your opponent will capitalize on it and strike back.

Offline Profile