Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 00:58

PostPosted: Jul 5th, '10, 07:21 
Twilight Council

Hi.

For the past... while, i've been dispassionate about DMing. I've been less than worried about expressing it in forum posts, to glor, to galiae, to friends and what not. It's not the story telling, the plot and the RP I have come to dislike, but the other side to it. The niggling; the little prod and pokes because some one's weapons not got a cool glow, or this person hasn't been successful in finding bastard swords, or this persons countless character list is in need of an addition, or this person needs a relevelling and can't RP without it, or this person wants to see what it's like to be level 40 with this class, or this person has been delevelled and none of their gear fits any more. I could go on and on, but I think the message is made.

I've been a lone crusader for a while cleaning up things that are wrong, and making them right, making unplayable characters playable, showing people that there are things out there for the, and so on and in this time I've come to realize that it's not going to end, and there's only so much I can do and that I should tell people to get bent, but as well as this I've realized that I actually just want to play for a bit and not have to scoop up shit and glue it back into place.

I've also come to terms with the fact that four years is a long and respectible time to give to a project. Not the longest, not the shortest and I'm relatively happy with the work I've done. It could be more forthcoming, I agree, and if it werent for university/life it would have been. :)

For the time being however I'm going to take a sideline and watch. I want to play without the hassle of people coming to me for this or that reason, I don't particularly want to recieve tells, or deal with the shadowing underlayer to plot which has lead to this person hating this person or not wanting to play with this character because of these reasons. I just want to play! I will support the drow house if they do come into play, however, and I'll probably finish anything i've started before taking my seat.

I'd also like the opportunity to be in events in my time off. It's been years since I flexed my creativity muscle, so perhaps that's something the crew can deal with. By that I don't mean that I've 'not been in an event for years', i mean i've not been in a continuous string of events for years, which is something I miss, and with the two new DM's I look forward to ruining their plots with FoD's.

Thanks for reading. This will likely be a temporary thing, assuming I'm welcomed back later.

Cheers,

Vince.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 5th, '10, 08:46 
Twilight Council

We all need a break once in eight years heh. I have had mine, now you'll have yours. The plot we discussed for Keldrin should be a lot of fun for everybody involved. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 6th, '10, 03:37 
Masters of Fate

I'm thankful that you're giving yourself a respite, to be honest, but you know this already. <3 You've been working your arse off for ages, so it's about time you got yourself a break.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 6th, '10, 03:43 
Masters of Fate

Whenever your Ports get unclogged by toilet roll, I'll DM for yo ass ;}

Offline Profile