Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 16:56

Post subject: Grinding vs Combat Play
PostPosted: Jul 5th, '10, 09:28 
Twilight Council

I'd like to clear this one out because it is a touchy subject on every RP server.

I'm more and more finding that it is totally impossible to make an XP system fit for those who occasionally like to go out and level up but prefer to rp all the way rather than grind their way to max level or any cap we may come up with.

I already made the "A Decision" thread where I suggested a possible solution, here it is left to discuss what is Grinding and what is Combat Play, or rather, the differences.

Leveling up by killing monsters is NOT wrong. Not anymore wrong than, say, if we had a custom XP system that allows you to award XP to your comrades during RP and you were using it responsibly.
Combat Play is perfectly acceptable, this is a game after all. Some characters do define themselves as warriors and it would make no sense for them not to fight for a cause.

Leveling up ENDLESSLY with NO REGARD to your character's actual progress, just for the sake of gaining more feats, more health etc, is VERY WRONG. Please don't do that.
The point of playing this server is to tell a story with your character, and not to have them at max level as soon as you can.

Grinding is pure shit, if you haven't had the chance to hit level 40 on a specific type of character yet and you're curious, there are serveral action servers out there that get you a Few Thousand points of experience a kill. Alternatively if you just want to try your rp build, instead come to me and discuss what you've had in mind and I can give you a few tips anytime... I'm the man at this game after all :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 5th, '10, 21:46 
Level 7 Player Character

*points*

Live it

Love it

Or

Go get Ice Cream and come back and reconsider.... Glors paying

Offline Profile