[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
forum.kymlun.com • View topic - Nerftime?

Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 13:47

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Should my gear be nerfed so that good guys can beat me more easily?
Yes 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
No 89%  89%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 19
 Post subject: Re: Nerftime?
PostPosted: Nov 15th, '10, 19:15 
Twilight Council

Last edited by WilliMortis on Nov 15th, '10, 19:25, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Nov 15th, '10, 19:18 
Masters of Fate

Obviously my answer to this is a resounding NO, for every reason listed above, and then some.

Keldrin has gone through far too much over the last however-many years to lose what he has earned, and his "equipment" (and everything else) is a part of that. He is a Legendary Villain/Anti-hero by this point, and from a roleplaying perspective, one should know that earning his ire is something bad, and something that has repurcussions. This isn't even something that should have to be addressed.

Every character on this server has a different story and personality, just like in real life, and one should handle these different stories and personalities accordingly if you know them at least in part.

On Kymlun, higher-level character are not higher level for the purpose of bullying lower-levels. That's outlawed here. They are higher level because they have devoted ungodly amounts of time into developing their character, and have thus earned their level, status, equipment, and all else. Just like any real person of power, you shouldn't take actions against them that will provoke any sort of negative repurcussion on their part, because they, as roleplayed characters, have the right to roleplay their reactions accordingly. You shouldn't talk back to Keldrin or Nathan, for example, in the same way that you shouldn't talk back to the president-of-whatever-country, or Chuck Norris.

But again, this is something that should not even have to be addressed. And as Glor said above, there is a separation between IC and OOC that must be made. If you irritate Keldrin (or any other NPC or PC, for that matter) to the point that they need to finally take action, your character has deserved it. It isn't because their respective players hate you, want to bully you, etc.

These are my words as your Friendly Neighborhood Player-Relations DM.

~G.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Nov 15th, '10, 19:30 
Twilight Council

Frankly, it irritates me that It's coem to the point where I have to put up my information, reveal my secrets and statistics, just to stop one person from carrying on his relentless cuntistry.

Frankly, grow up. You're meant to be an adult, you have a job in networking or management, you are at least thirty years old, and you still find room in your schedule to act like a child. You have successfully made me not want to play anymore. If I can't have secrets, or I have to be blatently open about every little aspect about my character, then there's no fun in it for me. As a result, I am going to finish my 2da work, add new feats and see what new players it brings. Then, I'll decide where I stand.

Herein, I've no interest in DMing for you, I don't want to talk to you OOC, if you send a tell expect it to be ignored. Keldrin will still kill Corrinn, because she's a character. Bear that in mind.

I think that concludes. Cheers guys. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Nov 15th, '10, 21:26 
Level 5 Player Character

NO.
Keldrin started a few years back and quickly became a pain for many characters....all IC. That's how he -grew up- and got where he is today. You don't have to like chars, but respect what they are...the brainchild of a fellow-player who, like any role-player puts lots of time and effort into making him a "real person"on the server. I'm not sure how to play a real bad-ass char, but enjoy having them around as long as they're played good, and Keldrin is one of the best I've ever met. (Okay, he can still scare me, so, now you know)

Just my half(ling) cent.

SP

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Nov 15th, '10, 22:42 
Masters of Fate

I am going to look into these matters from now on.
There will be certain conditions:

a: If I, or any other DM that feels like it, catches you taking OOC IC, bitching about someone elses character or whatever is all written above, I will without remorse, put you back to level 5 with an XP Cap. Meaning you can only level from DM rewarded XP.

b: If I, or any other DM that feels like it, catches you in ruining the OOC fun for others, the same will happen.

c: If you cross the line that is there, from this moment on, by too much, it will be level 1 and gearless, if Glortor doesn't clear out your character vault and Ban you.

the fact that Willi Mortis is under discussion is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.
You treat mr Vince with respect, or you get to feel the tip of an angry axe.

DM The Exiled.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Nov 15th, '10, 23:38 
Twilight Council

Alright this is getting blown out of proportion by a mile.

1. Nobody faithful to this server is leaving. That's an order.
- Vince got everything he got during the era I was dming. I gave him his gear, some of which he nerfed (he removed Regen from his own gear) to his own discretion.
- If anybody wishes to dispute anything any of the characters on the server has, is capable of or is going to achieve, they are to address me in a forum PM.
- I need a DM to involve Jarl.

2. I hear complaints. REAL complaints about shitty rp. I completely support the above sentiment, shape up or split up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Nov 15th, '10, 23:53 
Masters of Fate

The above, posted by myself, is ofcourse not reffering to those good players we do enjoy having around. If I sound harsh, I mean to sound so, in this case.

But not to those who receive my regular <3's and *hug*'s. You lot know who ya are.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Nov 15th, '10, 23:58 
Twilight Council

Bottom line is:

- Stop the OOC.
- Stop the power hunger.
- Start to give psychological depth to your character.
- Start to see things from the characters standpoint instead of an outside view.

If this doesn't stop I'm going to start to say names and pend XP.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Nov 16th, '10, 00:01 
Level 7 Player Character

And thats a wrap...

We all love one another kiss make up and for god sakes... Dont piss off the men who can script us to go boom!

Okay i tried comedy... Someone say somthing funny...

In all seriousness.

Well said Aeth.
Im sorry will but i have no interest in you char sheet its still a secret to me <3.
Once again Glor has made the closing statement and we all guilty or not have learned somthing.

Good day and good riddence evil topic.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Nov 16th, '10, 11:19 
Level 4 Player Character

My complaint was that thier was not enough rp invovled before i got hostiled and hit by a spell. I being an adult tried to work this out with Keldrin OOC. I said my peace he said his peace. It was done deal.

Then Keldrin blew up and made three post on the forum. Let me first say that when i have an issue i try to work it out with the players. Its the adult thing to do. I could care less about Keldrins secrets. Frankly if keldrin is pissed off about this OOC, i could give a Rats ass. He is the one bitching and moaning about this not me. He is the one that said if i had any issues about him being an angel and casting undead, or with one arm i should post something on the forum. So i did so and got an answer.

My point is that keldrin should take his own advice and stop bitching and moaning about this issue and just play the game. I really dont give a shit if he does not want to dm with me anymore or does not want to OOC with me any more. If something comes up between us i would handle it the same way.

So in conclusing, have a coke and smile Keldrin and stop bitching. It makes you look bad not me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Nov 16th, '10, 13:14 
Level 6 Player Character

^ You.It's a game. Grow the fuck up, stop stirring shit and have some god damn fun already.

We're all adults here, yeah? NWN's community is already losing enough people as it is, stop being cockheads to one another.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2