Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 12:50

PostPosted: Apr 5th, '08, 20:10 
Twilight Council

Iscariots Bane- (Unknown Author) Part 1 of 2

So with a wail and shaking earth does it start again, predictable, though once again I misjudged how heavy the numbers would be this time around. I can't believe I'm being forced to race back to that cursed golden city, but my gut tells me not to leave her alone this time around no matter how much I should. Passing through the panic stricken streets I can't help but be reminded of every other attack that ever hit this place. You'd think at least a few percentage would have had enough experience to become a low rank guard in skills...or perhaps I'm just expecting too much out of them. I keep looking back to make sure she's hot on my tail, too much has been going wrong lately and my gut feeling has been getting worse, like an infection going untreated. Damned all things to the Hells, I love the irony of those words at this moment.

So we're finally where all these so called heros and villains are gathered, sounds like they're having fun with the amount of noise they're making outside these front gates. I suppose just to watch her back and satisfy my curiousity I head out to take a peek at the action and...well...it half didn't disappoint. With the chaos blooming in all directions I chose a comfortable spot to lean against on the tree as she shows off her swordsmanship, thinking that Lucifer needs to send more in a hurry, it's an unfair fight with his undead at the disadvantage. I almost immediately get my wish, that's more like it is what I first thought, but when our side started dying among the hail of flames and rotten spells it looked like it was time for me to step in and help just a bit. I'm more surprised that no one took notice of the two Spellreavers that just pulled their heads out of the forest, best take them out first before they unleash their nastier spells.

Damn it all, I guess he was just screwing with us with those cannonfodder he's been throwing. Those Dracoliches are slaughtering everyone, and only in less than a minute of rearing their heads on the battlefield. And to make matters worse Pelgrin had to go and get himself killed along with an entire fleet of soldiers that finally came out from Solinar, I can't trust anyone else out here to so much as stand against these things. The mages are basically burnt up torches puffing out the embers of their last magics and everyone else is randomly doing useless things...as usual....I swear I hate group ups like this. I can hear her practically going red in the face telling everyone to get in the city, I can't help but grin at her persistance even if it's futile. Besides that much a lot of our forces still lay dead, I've managed to raise up Pelgrin and some other guy from the clutches of it and they've had enough sense to back off from the fight. I couldn't get to Edwin and the rest however, those blasted undead lizards keep jawling at me with their spells and partial chases. And that idiot High Cleric is just standing there, let him get eaten already and save me the exasperation. Then I take a look back and realise she's gone, she must have entered the city with what few she's managed to get to listen. I suppose I best follow now, I'm here only to watch her back.

Offline Profile