All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 21:03

Post subject: Babylon's Siege
PostPosted: Jun 2nd, '09, 16:42 
Twilight Council

1st: 6th of June, 17:30GMT - 19:30GMT

2nd: 13th of June, 17:30GMT - 19:30GMT

3rd: 20th of June, 17:30GMT - 19:30GMT
I'm starting even if there is only one player on. :)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Babylon's Siege
PostPosted: Jun 6th, '09, 19:13 
Twilight Council

A new morning dawns over the land of Kymlun, the sun raising its golden rays unto the Eastern Kingdom like always - but not for long. From the south a fearsome cry sounds s the coming scarlet tide of several hundreds of golden wings darken the golden hued clouds, and fear strikes into the hearts of those who behold the gigantic Dramannon himself leading his many minions - humanoid and draconid alike - towards the north.
[Dramannon] [Draconic]: Forwards my brethren! Victory awaits!

Meanwhile in Elnhal grove every druid moves to their locations for an emergency situation, taking their spot at a runestone and beginning to perform the required rituals to enable the grove's protection.

From the west another draconic cry can be heard, as the forest's canopy gets shaven clean by razorsharp green wings, the green dragons leaving the moor that once was their home, heading towards the north as well.

The red dragons stop over Solinar, hovering menacingly.

Meanwhile the druidic grove shimmers with the glow of all activated protective runes and the high druids line up at the entrance.

[Dramannon]: A haven for many heroes - now tremble beneath my renewed might - for all that you have held dear *The dragon takes a deep breath* SHALL BURN! *The gargantuan fireball he pukes towards the city from his hovering height breaks to many smaller orbs and even those to smaller ones, showering the city's various regions, setting the main buildings ablaze.

Meanwhile the high druids hold their staves steady, their eyes closed as they ward the grove, many animals flee towards the entrance and are granted admittance, most of them only frightened, many of them injured from poison arrows, lizardfolk-claws and bites.
The forest itself is overcome with rabian blight, swarming with the green-skinned wretches that serve the goddess of unholy tempest.

[Dramannon]: Farewell, brave heroes - save now your beloved city or come after me - I can only win! *His laughter is cruel and humourless as the many red dragons draw a circle unto the smoke-filled sky above Solinar and head towards the north once again, following their patriarch.*
Cries for help fill the air as Solinar still burns.

Damage report 10 minutes after the attack: Priority on freeing the children from the collapsing orphanage.

Lesser winged creatures assault the gale-shield that covers the grove from aerial bombardment, picking up fleeing animals and throwing them against the invisible roof as they splat to a bloody pulp, slowly painting the magical barrier a sickening gore red.
Wildlife damage report 25 minutes after the siege of the grove started: more animals managed to find refuge from the Defiler hordes than what was lost though the sight in the forest is all but pretty.

Damage report [Solinar] 25 minutes after the attack: Castle and bank fire extinguished, damage minimal. Inn fire under control, damage minimal. Civilian building fires in progress, damage minimal.
[Guard from the southern district] Wait a minute... mage cast true seeing on me! [Mage casting True Seeing] What the! The city is not burning - only the orphanage is! All hands to the orphanage!

[Alastor rolled 20 on blowing up two powder kegs to remove the burning roof]
City Guards hurry to the orphanage and while the wizards work on lifting the "burning illusion" from the city and the clerics work on healing those who got hurt in the street riot, they manage to get all the children out before too long.

On the northern sky a scarlet pillar rises and the two crossed stag antlers with a ram skull in the middle (Rabio's holy symbol) form in the nimbus of the illusoric light, and all the green dragons and servants withdraw from the grove and forest.

Anybody that would travel north past Claw Mountain towards Babylon would meet great resistance in the form of white, green and red dragons for once working in an odd alliance - it would require a greater army to get past them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 13th, '09, 12:32 
Twilight Council

So who's coming today?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 13th, '09, 16:36 
Twilight Council

I can make it.

Title OSST - Official Server Sneaky Thing - Granted by Official Server Grouch
Title Grammar Police - Granted by community.
Title Pollcat - Granted by community.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 13th, '09, 17:38 
Masters of Fate

Firefighter reporting!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 13th, '09, 17:38 
Level 3 Player Character

i should be able to make it. got nothing to do today =p

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 15th, '09, 05:40 
Twilight Council

((Wrote this up as per GLoRToR's request. Feel free to edit if need be, Glor.))

Snow whipped through the air, carrying with it the beats of countless wings. Red, green, white. All mixed in the coming tide. A roar came from the multitude as the tower loomed into sight. Its spire stretched heavenwards in a grim mockery of what it once was.
“He has betrayed Babylon! He has become insane!”
The cries echoed through the wasteland, falling on wondering ears. The wind keened higher, mingling with the cries of pain and the sounds of destruction. Flame and ice mixed as one.
A light broke through the clouds, piercing the onslaught of color. The tower stood tall. The gate remained impassable, its design twisted into something unnatural. The mad grin of its guardian loomed over the doors, inviting fools.
“Iscariot! Let us in!”
The maw of Hell opened. Bodies and limbs bled. A father looked blankly towards the sky. A son lay contorted on the pile. The Angels of Death stood watch, hastening the bodies to decay, their mouths bejeweled with red.
He stood in the center, in the circle. His gaze flickered to each, resting on the girl, then the man.
“It has come full circle. I have betrayed the ones for whom I betrayed my Father.”
Cries of amazement, of anguish, of despair.
“Get out.”
Silence and destruction reigned. He left them to wonder about Fate. The other came, eyes small, teeth sharp.
“We go.”
They left. The Angels of Life stood tall, following on silvered wings. Three stood before the other, waiting.
“You have been given a gift and could not decide what to do with it. You have fought over something as simple as a door.”
The Three followed the clouds. Their wings cut the wind, cut the spire reaching for Heaven. It fell from Heaven to Earth, the stones crumbling, the hopes dying, the people lost.
“You knew all along, didn’t you?”
“Do you remember your question?”
Lost is the tower of Babylon, Lost is the Angel, the Devil. His cries echoed across the trampled ground.
“Don’t leave me! Not you too!”
Lost is the Legacy of the gods.

Title OSST - Official Server Sneaky Thing - Granted by Official Server Grouch
Title Grammar Police - Granted by community.
Title Pollcat - Granted by community.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 20th, '09, 16:37 
Twilight Council

3rd part today :) Who's coming?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 20th, '09, 19:17 
Masters of Fate

I'm trying to log in, but the server keeps timing out thanks to my connection. -_- I'll keep trying.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 21st, '09, 00:03 
Masters of Fate

*applauds Glortor for making her cry* Quite a profound finale for the man, I think.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 21st, '09, 01:59 
Twilight Council

Bravo on the Gareth thing. And well handeled with the whole Keldrin being a prick thing ^^ *****

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 21st, '09, 02:15 
Masters of Fate

*Lubs his pig*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 21st, '09, 03:06 
Furfag

was there going to be another event after the one that just happen?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 21st, '09, 11:56 
Twilight Council

Well the Iscariot saga is over, and we really need more players so that I can promote the post-babylon conflict properly.

Offline Profile