Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 16:45

Post subject: Writers Block
PostPosted: May 20th, '10, 15:57 
Level 3 Player Character

I'm kind of pissed at myself. I really want to continue Cecily's story, and write some more, but I am at a loss. Everytime I think of the next avenue that I need to write, I start righting it and I lose it on the page, and only get a sentence or two down. If anyone has any ideas for me that might help me brainstorm and kick me out of this funk, that would be most appreciated. Please help!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Writers Block
PostPosted: May 20th, '10, 16:22 
Masters of Fate

I get like that all the time, to be honest. I have so many ideas and tales to tell waiting in my mind to be written, but every time I sit down to get it all out, it just doesn't happen. The ideas remain vivid and beautiful in my mind, but getting them out of my mind onto the physical/digital paper is the hard part. Usually, that's when I turn to another creative outlet in order to kick-start my brain again.

Usually, I turn on some music that's relevant to what I want to express--to better get myself into the "mood". If that's not working alone, I'll grab a pencil and start to illustrate it, even if it's only a scribble for myself, forcing me to better visualize what I want to write. If none of these work, then I either repeat, or go and RP. Typically when I'm writing as Galiae, the latter works rather well, as jumping into her mind helps a ton.

Unfortunately, writers'/artists' block is one of the most difficult things to shake. But you have to be persistent! *flex* As soon as you feel the "mood" come on, start writing before you lose it, and the rest will flow~

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 20th, '10, 17:28 
Level 12 Player Character

All I do when I write is I think of rping and how I think he would do things as if I was actually playing him. When I have a character cross him, I rp it out in my head. How would he respond, act, etc.

As for coming up with an idea itself.. well, I try and think of what I want my character to do in the future and then lead to it.

When in doubt, no one should HAVE to write on the forums their characters story, it merely helps. As long as you are rping your character how you want her to be and perhaps talk oocly a bit about Cecily and how you're hoping things to go with her, things should progress.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 21st, '10, 00:23 
Twilight Council

You folks never listen to me.

Writers block = any sort of block = overstressing yourself. Try to relax.

Offline Profile