Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 18:07

Post subject: Enjoy the Roses
PostPosted: Jul 1st, '10, 15:21 
Masters of Fate

In reading the recent forum banter, I wonder why everyone seems to be in such a rush recently, and feel that the characters with IC power are all...bad? Galiae's been steadily evolving over the four years I've been with Kymlun, has spent the last three or more without grinding, has been level 30 for the last two, and yet all I do is RP (with everyone) and build character, whilst remaining physically squishy and emotionally effected and sometimes "weak" despite being one of the Nine. Granted, things irk me and I get frustrated like everyone else, but still:

That's four years of RP that were all worth it.

Why is everyone in such a rush...?

I think that it's time everyone just sit back and enjoy the roses, roleplay, build their stories, and unwind.

Love,

~DM Persephone/G.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Enjoy the Roses
PostPosted: Jul 1st, '10, 15:26 
Level 6 Player Character

:) I like this post so here *hand her a cookie*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 1st, '10, 15:27 
Twilight Council

Another post worth noting.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 1st, '10, 15:28 
Level 12 Player Character

<3's Galiae

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 1st, '10, 18:39 
Twilight Council

I'm a little bit irked that the players on whole feel hard done by, I don't know where Keldrin fits into things with regards to the entirety of the conceptual bitterness that people seem to be feeling, perhaps as an 'established hero' or something along those lines. Keldrin has always been an antagonist in one way or another to provide a little bit of an alternative means to the end of a story.

I think i've been involved in 2 or 3 events over the past 2 or 3 years, most of which occured this year with Tammy, Galiae and Glor surfacing their plot. Keldrin has lived in a tavern for this time with Galiae and festered and rotted away; I'd have happily lost levels for lack of movement tbh, I'm more than happy to lose 20 levels die to the lack of pale master he'll soon have. They key point is, you don't need to be an established hero or a level 40 character to have fun. For the past number of years I've RP'd with Galiae, and whomever might happen to approach Keldrin for alchemical or necromantic advice. Keldrin's also a surgeon of sorts (though a rebuild made me forget to take heal and i cba to rebuild again) so in events I get the opportunity to be in, he does that sort of small thing and keeps out of the lime light.

I'd honestly love to see more things like that. Work on a profession; RP becomming a blacksmith with some friends, hire some workers, players if you can, mine some ore in the goblins caves and RP learning to make weapons. Or, spin cloth, tan hides, fletch bows and arrows -- even just go for walks outside of Solinar for the sake of going for a walk! Galiae and Keldrin often wander here and about. We went to the frozen tundra's most recently and perched a bit and talked. So let's see some more of that. It's the small things that let us know more about your character so that we can personalise plot. Know what I know about michael? He likes axes and he's a drunkard. Know what I know about Laura? Nothing. Know what I know about Roland? He's protective. Very few personality traits have the opportunity to develop and expand if people just want to quest and get levels. I'd love it if people could just RP and have fun without demanding this and that event. I'd quite like to play my character with some of my free time, tbh :)

Offline Profile