Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 13:57

PostPosted: May 2nd, '09, 16:24 
Level 5 Player Character

I was thinking..stuff is happening on Kymlun and sometimes stuff that must have impact on the lives and knowledge of the characters. But, somehow, lots of this is getting lost in mists of time and space.
For example. The situation at the Crossroads with the Preservers there. It has clearly come to a conclusion, and a rather violent one at that, but, as a player with 3 chars living there, I don't know much at all:
Sandra is dead.
There was a fight.
Hin moved to the Grove.
That's about all I could gather as a player. How are my characters going to go on? I waited for a while to see if any info would come forth, so my chars can go on, but...nothing. People might say: Well, if you weren't there you can't know about it, but that's obviously out of the question in a persistent world. News -will- travel, and among Hin mostly even faster. But somehow there is none.

So, suggestion is: Have a small thread about recent events. Be it in the section about races, or countries, or..where ever....but somewhere, please.
It's something that can be done by anyone. It doesn't take a complete story, either, just a small article about what happened, so characters know what happened in their community.

Just a serious half(ling) cent.

SP

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 2nd, '09, 17:57 
Masters of Fate

I completely agree with this, SP and had brought up the suggestion a while back that we have some sort of in-game noticeboard so that the "citizenry" of Kymlun can be aware of current events, and of things that will undoubtedly effect their lives.

I know that there's some sort of script in place that can make this happen. I'll ask Lore about it again, as I can't remember.

<3 Galiae

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 2nd, '09, 18:25 
Twilight Council

I have a query about this.

1: Are the global effects i've written detailed enough? Do they help you to consider the world around you and what is going on, how the event is effecting the world and not just you?

2: If not, what more or less can i provide or do to change that?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 3rd, '09, 09:59 
Level 5 Player Character

*grins* Sorry about that, Willi. Your plot-line is what I was talking about, really. It gives the player info to work with. I just would like to see that about more plots and/or events.

SP

Offline Profile