Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 17:39

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Enchanters and the Like
PostPosted: Feb 18th, '10, 18:46 
Masters of Fate

I was thinking the other day of how much I personally dislike the forge. In my opinion, a person shouldn't have to run through pain-infested fields and deep caverns and the like in order to enhance a weapon, or purchase an upgrade. For the feel of this server, I had thought of a more "lore-friendly and realistic" approach: Enchanters and Smiths.

Enchanters can be found in major cities, or in outlying regions perhaps. The concept is that you bring to them your weapon, armor, or accessory, along with the reagents needed for the enchantment (as well as monetary payment if needed) and they shall enhance your weapon with an enchantment.

There was a system like this on StormNexus which I personally found to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. The enchantments that would become available to you would vary depending on the player's class, level, and the type of item you wanted enchanted (and sometimes even the reagents you were using). This lead to a fair sort of balance and new and exciting possibilities!

As for weapon "upgrades", for those that cannot find what they need in weapon shops or through drops, why not take your armor, weapon, and so on to a smith of the appropriate type? As with the enchanters, providing the smith with the appropriate materials and funds, have them enhance your weapon accordingly. (As in +1, +2, and such).

Now you may be wondering where one gets these "materials" and "reagents". From the world. From random monster drops, treasure chests, or "gathering spots" across the world. This will give players more incentive to go out and actually explore the world. Glor made it beautiful for a reason, so lets give it some more "practical" uses to have it explored.

I brought this up to Glor, and he liked the idea, so let's hear what you lot think.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Feb 18th, '10, 21:13 
Masters of Fate

I like this idea, it opens avenues for mundane craftable items to searching high and low for that 2lbs worth of adamantium you so desperately need for your girlfriends shiny new daikatana.

Hidden item/reagent drops and perhaps hidden, more skilled smiths/enchanters.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Feb 18th, '10, 23:28 
Twilight Council

I already told Lore and he didn't say no, so there is hope.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mar 11th, '10, 16:39 
Twilight Council

This was implemented, as you will be aware.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]