Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 21:59

PostPosted: Mar 29th, '10, 22:38 
Level 7 Player Character

Back on PoTM, when I researched PrCs and tried my hand at Guru-ism, I learned that in PnP once a shadowdancer once slain, after 1d4 days, a shadow will rise from the corpse, and it will be in control of all other shadows that were summoned upon the shadowdancer's death. The shadow has the normal immunities, and in turn is 2/3 as strong (level wise) as the shadowdancer when they were alive. The shadowdancer can only be resurrected AFTER this particular shadow is destroyed.

Might make for a cool quest idea, a new creature for the beastiary. And...

As I said, new creature/summon. A shadowdancer links themselves spiritually to the shadows. A weaponmaster, channeling Ki, links themselves spiritually with a weapon. A monk is the epitomy of disciplined Ki, channeling it through their body to do amazing things.

Now my idea...

A shadowdancer/monk or shadowdancer/weaponmaster once slain, becomes a new creature called a "Ki Shadow". This being is the complete negative opposite of the positive Ki energy the deceased used in life. The Ki Shadow Monk is fast, nigh immune to magic, and even though only shadow, strikes using the negative Ki just as hard as the monk did in life. The Ki Shadow Weaponmaster upon being slain, the negative Ki manifested through the shadow seeks out the nearest form of his weapon of choice, feeling unwhole without it. Once finding it, the being becomes an agent of destruction, somehow still weilding the weapon through sheer will alone.

Likewise, as Andrias has been dedicating himself to coming to terms with who he is, he is trying to shape Andraxis (His negative half, whom he was reincarnated from) into more along the lines of his previous self, considering when Andrias absorbed him he only absorbed the essence of Andraxis (So basically Andraxis is starting over). As the two become spiritually linked, I'd want Andraxis to become more like he was. Would make for some great roleplay, Andrias not just having absorbed his negative "brother", but forming a bond with him.

Anyway, cheers guys! Lemme know what you think...

Offline Profile