Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 11:20

Post subject: Plot Ideas
PostPosted: Apr 9th, '10, 18:34 
Level 5 Player Character

An idea that my friends *BeautifulSorcery* and I came up with a long time ago is slightly macabre but I think the dynamics it could bring to the server would be amazing. It was made for a more horror setting but it can be tweaked to fit anything.

The idea was to have a powerful undead blot out the sun and release its undead minions on the world to ravage and take over. Undead like vampires, wights, ghouls, ghasts etc etc. So since the sun would be essentially gone the undead could run things their way and the PC's of the world would have to find this uber undead and kill it then find out a way to bring the sun back.

Of course having the sun be missing for so long would have a major impact on the economy, crops and animals would die and it could possibly bring a famine over the world. But how much fun does that sound like?

Anyway, ideas are welcome! I want to hear everyone's idea's for plots!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Plot Ideas
PostPosted: Apr 9th, '10, 22:16 
Twilight Council

Hmm actually Domorus was already blocked out once by Janzel. Not a bad plot to bring on again, not with the undead though... I have my ideas brewing!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 13th, '10, 10:11 
Level 7 Player Character

One thing I had in the works for Vicho Cain was...

Palemasters love to basically twist life or death into their own perhaps distorted view. Perhaps a new Palemaster villian decides to begin stealing women and children from Solinar and grafting half of them to half of an undead? Once grafted magically, one can't live without the other. So you'd be torn while it's coming at you..."What do I do!?"

Women, children...

One part of the plot was to eventually have a paladin captured. There'd be a great dialogue exchange between the villian and hero before the "procedure"...then, the rather fun surgical grafting would begin. The paladin-undead creation would be completely torn with killing itself, still attempting to do good, controling it's hunger for flesh, and quickly going out of it's mind becoming the thing it previously hunted.

Mebbe? =)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 13th, '10, 12:56 
Twilight Council

That would be Vince's area of expertise. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 13th, '10, 15:00 
Masters of Fate

....I actually love that idea. A lot. Of course, in character I would cry in a corner. Glor's right though--Vince is Lord Palemaster, so maybe~!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 13th, '10, 16:39 
Twilight Council

Technically the pale masters grafted arm runs off of his or her own power; they get it by cutting off their own arm and enfusing it magically, it's not an addition that will simply work on the fly. For instance if I cut off your arm and jammed an arm I pulled out of a grave in your shoulder socket you'd die, and it wouldn't move at your whim.

There is however a prestige class in the Lords of Madness book which allows one to graft other people with grafts, but traditionally these are aberrations -- Tentacles, hooks, claws, wings, eyeballs etc. On the other hand, we could ignore the fact that commoners lack any sorcerous/wizardry powers and do it anyway. :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 14th, '10, 03:08 
Level 7 Player Character

I am rolling up Vicho Cain later tomorrow. I am inspired to make a villianous PC which everyone will love OOCly, perhaps try and outsmart and eventually defeat...though, sorry to say Vicho has a flawless record so far. :twisted:

And actually Vince, palemasters are masters of negative energy. Unlike Necromancers who must conjure and manipulate that, the basis of a Palemaster is to create themselves anew into their vision of perfection. Thus, they create their body as not completely alive, not undead. Feared by the living, and revered by the undead. As they gain power, negative energy is not conjured by them...but the very essence of it is drawn to them (Or so I've interpreted).

A palemaster can be any form of non-good, so a neutral palemaster could even save souls of undead that were drawn to them trapped or cursed in the material realm.

The class makes for incredible roleplay, that's why I loved it.

A powerful palemaster could easily find a way to pass negative energy onto a creation of their own and sustain it.

I feel DnD is all wrong in the facet that "These are the rules, it's how things should be done". Wrong...roleplay is imagination. :D

But Vicho, was...is the most sadistic, ruthless, homicidal, creepy character I can imagine in my mind. And the best part, when he was a low level he tricked everyone into thinking he was harmless. Then...eventually characters (with player permission) became missing, and PCs with deep surgical scars running from neck to pelvis started showing up, scared out of their minds. I was mature enough to play him, yet the things I DID with him IC sometimes gave me nightmares. I'll post his bio and include some of his "Pieces of Art" as well for people to enjoy before I make him.

Vince, there's a new Palemaster in town 8) . You're still the best though...

I don't mind if the grafting Idea is used in a plot not of my own either!

I had plenty of other interaction ideas with Vicho that never came to surface :wink:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 14th, '10, 14:01 
Twilight Council

Nah. Palemasters are as any other mage; they need to create their own as per the sorcerer/wizard class, hence gaining spell caster level in wizard/sorcerer at half the rate of sorcerer/wizard. The exception is the arm, which is completely undead. As we all know, when an undead creature looses negativity it stops functioning, which is why vampires must feed and so forth.

Pale Masters are completely alive, which is why they do not suffer the wrath of undeath to death, and similarly why they're susceptible to mind effecting spells. Orignially, the reason they become immune to critical hits and sneak attacks, concussions and subdual damage was because their vital organs were mummified and preserved. That's an interior thing; the heart and lungs still function and the pale master can still drown as a result of it. Naturally though, the dark procedures involved to make one as-kin to the undead as one possibly can whilst still retaining their mortal selves results in excessive channeling of negative energies, surgeries, dark research, whatever else you can conjure up, hence the favored base class being Wizard, rather than sorcerer. Negative energies have an adverse effect on the living, tightening skin to muscle and bone and giving a ghastly, pale, dead appearance to the face and body, which when combined with the undead shaft, which can be of bone or of rotting flesh, means that to mortal folk, typically, they blend in superbly with the undead they command.

They are none the less mortal an age as a man would and really are just a cheap immitation to the undead. In Kymlun, however, Pale Masters are, more times than not, aligned with the hells, and unless you see Keldrin who doesnt teach any more, you'd have to go through the hells to find of the powers within. I couldn't explain much as to how the kymlun Pale Master immunities logic works, I tend to go with what i've read in the source books.

Offline Profile