Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 12:02

PostPosted: Apr 20th, '10, 19:11 
Level 12 Player Character

Eh, why not a post where players can type out stuff publically for DM's to see when they want something?

Let me be the first to request.

In order for me to get going with him, I need DM assistance. I need someone to fill his role of 'organised crime member' and be given tasks to complete.

In my bio, he is part of an organisation from Nherazkar. But, if that doesn't work for whatever reason, I can change it.

In either case, if a DM can get ahold of me perhaps and see what we can do, that would be great. Thanks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 21st, '10, 18:08 
Twilight Council

I have read your bio and it's well written. However, we would like to see more posts detailing his adventures in order for a dm to be able to pick up on it. The story is good, keep it coming.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 21st, '10, 20:41 

Adventures before I made him, or after?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 21st, '10, 21:51 
Twilight Council

Create a story that a dm can look into.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 21st, '10, 21:54 
Masters of Fate

Either or, to be honest Powr. All the more content to be able to run with. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 21st, '10, 23:08 

Ugh, I'm a rp'r not a story writer lol.

I've been a DM PnP wise since I was 13, I'm 33. I already discribed his life leading to now. And never once did I ask the player to tell me what the NPC's in his life do once the character was created.

I can't see how I need to explain details in the jobs he took in the guild in a story format before now, or, make up stuff for him after my story other then the rp I am doing while I play him. It's not up to me to DM myself...the DM's are suppost to run with what I am requesting.

I'm not sure what you want from me, I'm sorry. If you want names of his guild member leaders.. what they specifically sent him here to do.. ok, I can do that I guess. But I have a hard time understanding why It's important.

When I DM'd PnP all those years, all I asked the player to do was tell me a bit about his past, important NPC's he would like added and a discription of any guild or organisation they belonged to. That's it. I took care of the rest.

I can't write a story for him, when I haven't been DM'd yet.

All I am looking for is, a DM to either create, or use an already exsisting thieves guild and start creating orders for Jarl. An assassination mission, a robbery, a 'friendly' reminder to someone who owes money... etc.

I hope you aren't hoping that the players have a certain complete life in mind and write it out and the DM's make it happen... cause that defeats the purpose of RP. RP is random, events determine the outcomes and changes to a PC's life.

Anyway, this is not a rant, or a complaint. I just figured I need to inform you all of exactly what I want and how I am understanding your request for me to write a story.

If I am wrong, let me know and maybe explain to me a bit better and all is well. If I am right, well, we will see where this goes. Wether I'm able to comform to the way you work here on this server or not.

P.S. I don't have my characters that are obviously outclassed enter epic battles. I'm not much of a communal player in that regards where as the entire server is out for some massive war. From super epic PC's to lvl 4-5's.. imo, that just doesn't make any sense. My pc's need to evolve into that. Not jump into it oocly knowing that my PC will live because the DM's will make sure of it, or a high level pc/npc cleric is handy with a raise spell.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 21st, '10, 23:49 
Twilight Council

Talk to DM Twilight and DM Shanks about evil and roguish kind of deals I'd say.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 22nd, '10, 00:07 
Twilight Council

Tom'n I will talk, I'll give him a bell but his computers down atm due to shitty router deals.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 22nd, '10, 00:25 
Masters of Fate

Powr,

Just to put your mind at ease, I don't think that anyone's expecting you to build your entire story alone, or what have you. I think the suggestion was more-so to ensure that anything that -you- personally had in mind was brought to light, in case you had some specifics you wanted the DMs to include. In the past, I've seen people who have gotten cross with DMs for "presenting things wrong", or "screwing up" something that a player would have wanted to see go another way. However, like you, I far prefer to see the characters' stories evolve on their own, as do most of us here.

Speaking personally, I introduced Galiae four years ago as a waif with very little "real" backstory to her. She had things that occurred in the past, yes, but her story and the events that shaped who she is today were created from nothing but interpersonal roleplay, and random DM events--the likes of which you're looking to see. So please, don't have any worries about being denied that sort of evolution~! <3

Sorry for any misunderstanding there.

Also, I don't think anyone has any qualms about your character's reaction to mind-blowing events. Hells, if I was on as my alt, I would have run away at the first sign of a fireball in the sky. I think that you're playing things logically and realistically.

I went off on a tangent there, but I wanted to be sure that you weren't getting the wrong idea. :3

Also, Vince and Tom seem to be on your case!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 22nd, '10, 03:48 

All's good then. I believe I simply didn't understand the story you were asking me to write. Giving details how I'd like it to go I can easily do. But I prefer tp keep that more private and not quite so open to public reading.

And I wasn't thinking I was being excluded or anything. Believe it or not, I'm a horrible story writer. Ihave my moments where I can do it rather well, but I'm a 'on my feet' thinker. All my best rp and planning typically comes from on the spot thought process.

I can plan an event alright, but I have a hard time writing it down, cause I feel to restricted.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 22nd, '10, 14:17 
Masters of Fate

Kymlun DMs are pretty good with including different levels and types of PCs into events. A recent example would be the Rabian attack on Gamardul. Everyone with 400+ HP got thrown into the frontline, an all-you-can-kill epic orc buffet (with a side dish of sneaks manouvering behind their lines to assassinate a chieftain) while the less indestructible characters participated in the battle aboard a gnomish airship.

Could Jarl be part of some guild or organization at odds with the Syndicate? Perhaps a local guild eager to kick them out of Nherazkar, Westport or wherever they're based if the opportunity presents itself? That would open the door for a cooperative effort without the need to fight any epic monsters in what may grow into a lengthy rogue-style campaign.

Offline Profile