Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 13:01

PostPosted: Dec 8th, '10, 09:13 
Level 10 Player Character

The one in the astral plane is hidden in one of the buildings. It'll show up on your mini map - that's the easiest way to find it. As for the others - I've never found them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Dec 8th, '10, 20:07 
Level 5 Player Character

Duh, found the Gluhkwheigl one....I was looking for the same kind of thing, but this one had a totally different look. Just watch the sparkles...and use the tab-key. (should have known there was an easy way....ran past that thing a zillion times now)

SP

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Dec 12th, '10, 22:26 
Level 5 Player Character

Update.
Found all three stations now (astral plane not, Kymlun has quite a few buildings) and started enchanting, managed 9 various objects giving hollowness and an enchant-skill of 0. Tried using witchdoctor snot, but can't use that since it requires skill 2. Problem seems that I haven't found a way to improve the skill yet. Naming the enchanted objects failed so far.

SP

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Dec 12th, '10, 23:17 
Masters of Fate

SP, next time you catch me ingame, I will reward ya with 1 level on two of yer toons for giving such support and feedback on the system! It's appreciated! ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Dec 13th, '10, 20:29 
Level 5 Player Character

Hehe, nice, but only trying to work out this enchanting-stuff for very selfish reasons. Most of my chars aren't spell-casters so I'm hoping this way they could improve their gear a bit. Besides, it always feel good to rampage through crowds of creatures oh so much weaker than one-self. Makes me feel powerful. Ranger is nearing gather-skill 5 now.

SP

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Dec 15th, '10, 00:37 
Level 5 Player Character

Another update:
The gathering mode isn't always graphically showed. My monk went into an area with potentially nasty damage-creatures and collected enchanting-items somehow. As far as I remember her attack-skill wasn't dropped by 6. Not sure, but I think I logged out when she was in gathering-mode. That might have something to do with it? (remind myself to toggle gathering-mode whenever logging in again after a reset)

Did a few sweeps of the goblin-mines with a higher char. Three total runs ended up with one snot. Think here's a tiny catch involved. The enchant-system is based on growing into skill (same goes for gathering, of course), but, as mentioned before, higher levels will have tremendous difficulty in the system as they -need- the low items to advance in the skill, but will also have great difficulty in advancing their gathering skill that way. Of course the answer would be to go and gather from greater creatures to advance in gathering, stack all their items in magic bags for much later use, then return to the goblins for their snot to finally start advancing in enchanting itself. But this seems a very long way, honestly.

Managed to enchant further with the ranger. Total of 11 hollowness items and skill 0 still. The naming of items doesn't work, it seems you automatically target: self, trying to name it.

Well, that's it for today. Further findings in the near future:)

SP

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Dec 18th, '10, 01:18 
Level 5 Player Character

Update again.
My ranger reached rank 5 in gathering this week, strangely enough his finds dropped from about 8 items per goblin-mines sweep down to 2. So perhaps the higher level of my other char didn't have anything to do with the drop-rate. It seems the drops have decreased all together.
Haven't managed to find a second piece of a rat or a trog to try enchantment with those.
Will return to it after this weekend, since I'll be out of town.

See ya,

SP

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jan 2nd, '11, 00:14 
Level 5 Player Character

Another update.
Rather unsettling, tried wretch snot with success on armor, helmet, shield, club, dagger, fan, mug, potion-bottle, magic bag, clothing and haven't reached any other effect then strange hollowness. Out of ideas as to what will make it work. Going to focus on rats and trogs now, but their numbers mean progress rate will be low.

SP

Offline Profile