Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 19:37

Post subject: Re: Elissril Trevelyn
PostPosted: Jul 15th, '10, 17:07 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril sat at her desk, open blank parchment laying flat, and quill pen in hand. A mysterious ring sat beside the parchment on the table, Elissril began to write down on the parchment.

I write this parchment to collect my thoughts in research, so that I'll know what to look for in the library.

The first topic of research will be Phoenix Isle, off of the coast of Nheraz'Kharr. Look for any information that might be unusual, or any information about underground passages. The goal of research here is more to know what to be up against, or at least have some idea.

The second topic of interest is of the Shade generals that once lived in Shaedenaar during its downfall. If any information can be found, then it should be further narrowed down to perhaps an assassin, and also look for any mention of demons that played a more then brief role in their life.

And thirdly, I should consult the books for any mention I might be able to find of these Keys to the Shades that was supposedly a legend, perhaps that'll make it easier to find.

It is of my hope that Solinar's library will be able to provide some information, otherwise, perhaps I will have to inquire with the White Mages.

Elissril put her quill pen away, rolling up the parchment and slipping it away in a pocket, and then she left her house to begin her research.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Aug 17th, '10, 22:38 
Level 5 Player Character

Dream diary continued.

Entry twelve

I was walking in a narrow snowy mountain pass, a blizzard was storming and I was freezing to death. By chance, my foot caught a hidden trapdoor in the snow, and I dug it up and opened it to reveal a descent down below. I dropped down, and forgot about everything as I tend to when I fall in great heights, and I landed harmlessly from a height that should have killed a normal person. My new environment turned out to be a abandoned mining tunnels, the smell of rot was ever present, as was another strange smell that I could not put my finger on, likely a gas of some sort. I explored to find what appeared to be an office of these mines, it looked rundown, papers scattered everywhere. There were two doors, one of which was locked. I checked the unlocked door to find a trap door leading below the wooden floor into passages small enough to crawl in, I could hear the pitter-patter of spiders, but I saw none as I discovered a fire bomb, and the tunnels simply looped around and came back.

When I came back beneath the stone flooring, it was suddenly disturbed, dust coming down, as if someone was walking about above. I made my way back up, only to see a trail of blood leading out, and the locked door now open. I looked in, only to see furniture scattered about, a cut out tongue was left on the floor, and there were carvings into the wood, depicting spiders, and one of a man's head with his tongue sticking out, it was not a pretty sight, and nothing of value, so I left and continued about the mines.
As a side note, I occasionally heard whispers, coming from either my head, or the rocks around me as I explored. I suddenly had tunnel vision as I heard growling, and two yellow glowing eyes in the dark, a dog by the looks of it, but no normal dog. I snuck past it, and eventually found myself before a collasped tunnel, having recently found a firebomb, I decided to use it. It was no proper mining, but it opened a passage enough for me to crawl through. I could espcially hear the whispers again as I crawled through, and on the otherside was a wooden door with holes in it, and through those holes I saw something walk past, something humanoid with claws. I opened the door, and walked to the left away from this apparent figure. Wooden doors were on either side, and soon, I was awoken by being startled by a door suddenly opening to my right.

Entry thirteen

Once again, I was falling, although this time, I landed on ice, which broke beneath me and gave way for me to fall into the freezing water below. Every instinct in my body told me to swim to the side, but I couldn't. My body seized up from the cold, and after moments of struggle, I gave up, just floating in the freezing water and awaiting the inevitable fate that comes with freezing. I know not how long I floated there, hours, it felt like. It was as if my mind was sacrificing everything in my body for it to survive, starting with my limbs, and then the numb, feeling crept up to my chest, and by then, the cold no longer hurt, it was comforting, infact. I closed my eyes as the feeling came to my neck, and then I opened them again slowly, to find myself awaken on my bed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Aug 18th, '10, 03:02 
Level 5 Player Character

Diary continued,
Ninth entry

I finally went looking for a shade for this guidance that I seek, and I found a fair lead to three items linked to me. Though I will not write much of them in fear of others reading this, not that I know all that much right now anyways. So far two of the three have been found, some memories have been shown to me, confirming that I am indeed a reincarnate. I wonder if I would have become insane, if I were not prepared for this realization, but nevertheless, I have already long since accepted who I am. These items seem strange, like some kind of entity is within them, and one seems to constantly soothe me. It is a beautiful feeling, likely to combat the pain of receiving memories, and soon, I will set out for the third. I wonder if doing so will unlock her or not? For if it does, she will take over, and control me. Though Tammy suggests I will likely have a choice in the matter. Who knows, maybe she will be my personal guardian angel? Hopeful thinking, really.

In other news, there seems to be a war brewing in the north, by the looks and sounds of things, likely to march down on the walls of Solinar, in the near future. I have decided that I will not play a part in the war, even in spite of the allegiances I'm with, I am very certain that my skills will not be enough, as they have not been quite frequently. I will only observe, and hope that it does not cause too much damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Aug 27th, '10, 17:08 
Level 5 Player Character

Somewhere in the outskirts of Solinar...

Elissril awoke as rays of sunlight from the coming dawn shined on her face, she quickly realized she was outside, but where? And why? She didn't recall going to sleep outside at all. Sitting up, she looked around and realized just as quickly where she was, spotting a large red barn right beside her.

“Ah shit... sleepwalking again.” She murmured to herself, getting up and fleeing over a small nearby hill. When she was over the small hill and out of sight of the barn, she took out her ink well, her pen quill, and her red book which was her dream diary, and began to update it with more dreams.

Entry fourteen

I dreamed of our known world having already been reduced to a badlands, with many mountains having rose... the future? I know not, but I wandered from mountain to mountain, Hakari was with me. I encountered a brown robed man, and held a conversation with him in a strange language that I cannot understand, but at the time of dreaming, it made sense to me. After that, we climbed up a particularily steep mountain, and when I reached the top, a circular hole opened in the ground, and a shadowy figure arose up from it, floating in the air with her arms upraised, and looking down at me. I awoke after that.

Entry fifteen

This is a strange one, and one that I was sleepwalking for some of. I was running from a dark force, a black hole that was trying to absorb me, but I escaped it, only to be chased by my own mother into some crypts which were empty at the time, finally she did catch me and took me back home, after which I cough out a large amount of spit, not so much coughing as I did just spit it out, and it actually made a somewhat sizable puddle on the floor. My mother cried and asked what was happening to me. I don't remember anything after that. The next thing I remember was having left Solinar, and making my way to a large red barn, I went inside, only to find a very large golem, and very tall. It was hostile, and trying to crush me, I fled about in the barn trying to avoid its crushing fists, I know not how long I was doing this for, but eventually, I left the barn, and gazed out at the dark horizon. I then woke up right next to the barn, proving that this part of my dream I was sleepwalking. I did not stay to see if I did any damage or not.

With that written, Elissril snapped her book closed, put away her writing equipment, and continued moving away from the hill and the barn...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 24th, '10, 01:55 
Level 5 Player Character

A Shadowdancer's Ordeal - prelude
Somewhere in the Sunrise Tavern, in Solinar...

Drunken laughter roared throughout the large room as a figure clad in black sat at the bar drinking a mug of ale, slightly hunched down. Elissril had difficulty recalling the exact amount of drinks. Five or six drinks of ale and a shot of rum perhaps, regardless, she was quite drunk, and she knew it. At the same time, she knew happiness the most at this time right now, given her recent success of breaking into Solinar's castle and retrieving what she needed. Indeed, she was drunk because she saw it a good opportunity to drink and enjoy herself.

Nevertheless, she was more then satisfied with how drunk she was, perhaps even in bliss. She stood up, which was harder then she expected, but she managed. She left the tavern, in her world, the world to her right and left, the tavern room of drunken men and women chattering, joking, and laughing, all seemed to blur past her.

She felt refreshed to have a whiff of fresh air at her nostrils, she made her way home without incident, stepping into her home, everything, from the decorations to the walls, to the cabinets, to the doors, to even the doors, all seemed to tilt and almost spin, but Elissril managed to keep her balance by keeping her hands on the walls close to her, stumbling into her room, and finally falling onto her bed. She closed her eyes, and everything felt like it spun and spiralled into a dark void, her hands clenched onto the bed, and it took what seemed like an eternity for her to fall asleep.

...And then all she knew was darkness until she awoke...

Elissril crawled slowly out of bed, still feeling slightly dizzy, she glanced about her room, and noticed that where her window was, was instead a door out onto a balcony. “Thats strange... I never had a balcony in my home.” Elissril thought to herself as she approached the door, opening it and stepping out, closing it behind her, and indeed, she was on a balcony of a house in Downtown Solinar, it was morning, the sun was only just beginning to peak into the start of the day. Yet even stranger still, Elissril spotted a rainbow that was very close, in the city even.

As Elissril peered at the rainbow, she noticed a faint shadowy figure that was on the rainbow, and she soon noticed that both the figure and the rainbow was moving towards her. As it got closer, it became clear to Elissril that indeed, a shadow was laying on her chest atop of the rainbow as it seemed to carry her closer. Elissril turned and tried to open the door to go back in, but the doorknob was missing! She was trapped outside on the balcony, and she heard a voice coming from within her pockets...

“No return... no going back... only confrontation now.”

And then Elissril glanced back towards the approaching rainbow, it was close now, she could see the shadow's red eyes. Just looking at those eyes was enough to unnerve Elissril somewhat, and she watched the shadow land into her balcony, before the image of the shadow standing before her was suddenly replaced by the sight of staring at the ceiling of her room.

She blinked, she had been dreaming. She looked up around her room, there was no balcony door anymore, only a window. She rubbed her forehead, feeling a slight headache, but she got up, and sat at her desk to write her next diary entry.

Tenth entry

Life has become very interesting for me. Where to start? I thought my Ordeal as my mentor calls it would be over when I found the three items I was looking for, but I am convinced now that it is only just beginning. I have only just finished gathering what is needed for a ritual. Indeed, last night I even had a few drinks in silent celebration of my success of getting the spell. A few things still need to be made clear, but it is likely that I will undergo this ritual. During the ritual, I will have to confront my inner demon, as the spell says. This will likely be a manifestation of my reincarnate, the shadow woman that watches, perhaps? Also in hindsight, I did not have to release my essence of my reincarnate from its trapped memory. I could have easily left with the three items. I wonder if this will have any impact on the ritual? If not, I will certainly realize the impact on something else I'm sure. I'm also not sure if I'll be able to overcome my inner demon, but I suppose one can never know by never trying.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 24th, '10, 02:37 
Level 12 Player Character

//I'm going to go ahead and grant a level. I mean... a lot of good work has gone into this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 24th, '10, 13:30 
Masters of Fate

// QFT

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Oct 19th, '10, 16:12 
Level 5 Player Character

A Shadowdancer's ordeal - The ritual
Somewhere underground, beneath the Great Eastern Forest...

Elissril stood in the middle of a pentagram drawn from her own blood, a difficult task which left her feeling light-headed. At each point of the pentagram stood a black lit candle, and within the pentagram lay three items. An amulet with a red stone, a ring with a faint green glow, and a dark opal. Elissril glanced about the pentagram to ensure everything was in place, and then she looked to Nallia, who was watching all of this from a short distance, sitting down. Elissril nodded, “Allright... I am going to get started now.”

Nallia nodded as Elissril fixated her gaze up on the cavern ceiling, raising her arms up as she spoke out three times in a steady voice. “E jx oyo E jx. Xoqnuy E qyjuu njxn. Eoony oy xeun, in xeun.”

Red lights began to faintly lit the caves as circle appeared infront of the pentagram ahead of Elissril, in the center of it a figure very similar appearances to herself appeared there, her lips curled in a faint smile before she spoke out. “I have been waiting for this for... a long time now, Elissril. But now that you have summoned me, we can get the show on the road.”

“Nallia does not like the looks of this.” Nallia spoke out, but she did nothing to interfere yet. She knew that this was Elissril's time to face her inner demon.

The inner demon spoke again, “We are one and the same, you and I. I am no fool, I know that I am merely a memory of what once was, in your subconcious... but if those memories were to overtake you, I would essentially live again.”

Elissril smirked slightly beneah her own hood. “That is an interesting plan, and one that I expected you to have... but I have anchors to this life, unfortunately for you.”

“Do you mean your little boyfriend? Or even your mentor? Your friends?” her inner demon asked.

“My boyfriend, my mentor, my mother... it goes on.” Elissril said in retort.

“They all seek to use you, and nothing more. Why do you think your mother trained you? Why do you think your mentor did? As for your boyfriend, he knows he can do better. They are all replacable, Elissril. I can offer you more then them, my powers, in exchange for your body.” Her inner demon tempted

Elissril tilted her head slightly, she wasn't that foolish afterall. “But what is the point of power, if I do not have the pleasure of enjoying it myself?”

“True. Shall we make a deal, then?” Her inner demon asked, likely knowing full well that Elissril would get curious.

“Ohhh.. Nallia does not like the sound of this.” Nallia spoke out again. Elissril turned to her, and responded, “Worry not... I know what I'm doing.” and then she turned back to her inner demon to in turn respond, “Allright... I am listening, then.”

The inner demon nodded, “ I will let you have the... reigns, but I want to be let out, Elissril.”

“What do you mean by that?” Elissril asked.

“I want you to meld my essence into your soul, Elissril. This will place some... changes on your personality and yourself. Nothing major, of course. If you wish, I can give you specifics. In return, I will lend you my shadow magic, and later on, the Summoning, my special ability.” Her inner demon explained.

Elissril pondered the deal, but she wanted to know the catch and what she was diving into first. “Give me the specifics, then.”

“You will find yourself enjoying the night even more so then now, you will find strength in the night, instead of the light. You will become more curious, to the point of seeking out more of our history through books, and you will find yourself to be... much more brutal in combat.”

Elissril pondered this carefully as she listened to her inner demon she called Elissith's words, inquiring. “And what of this Summoning you mentioned? Does that mean I will be summoning you as a guardian angel or something?”

Her inner demon shook her head. “No no, nothing like that. I was able to summon a shadow creature of immense power. You saw remnants of this when you raised the boat in that underground lake, but thats for a later time. So... a deal?”

Elissril looked at the ground for a moment, and then looked back up. “Deal...” she murmured back.

Her inner demon nodded, and became a wisp of white smoke that floated towards Elissril, flowing close to her nose and mouth, which was then absorbed into her skin, and absorbed into her through her breathing. The gems from the three items broke loose, and floated into Elissril's belt, melding into it, and the voice sounded again. “We are who we are, together in power.”

All went silent, so began the game of power and control...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 11th, '10, 21:26 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril sat at a well-kepted room in the inn of the Crossroads, writing into her journal.

Tenth entry

It is very possible that this will be my last entry into this diary, while I have faith in my abilities to survive in dire situations, this is a situation that could be called beyond dire. I brought a dagger from Seth into the eternal wall of Hades, only to release a void from beyond it, the dagger destroyed. I released something so dark and terrible, that it brought on a void that consumed even Domorus. Initially, I fought back tears for days, and even a week, before I could stand back up and think of something to help Solinar. I have been told that all of this is nothing more to distract the heroes away from Seth, while he seizes power over the undead for himself. If this is true, then I can only hope that someone will do something about him, for I cannot.

I was paid a visit from Nathan, who warned me at Hades. He confined me to Solinar and its surroundings. Though Candeth was able to stretch my chains somewhat to the hin homelands, and for that generousity, I owe her a debt and my loyalty. In recent days, I have been brewing potions to help the Solinar army, but I do not know how I am going to combat the void threat poised to consume all of it. The city itself has been in chaos, which is quite new for it, but without their god to watch, the gangs have gotten ever more bold. To be honest, I would love to find an opportunity to seize control over the Syndicates, but I suspect that will be unlikely even in these times.

It amuses me somewhat to think back on my past, being trained to be a Shadowdancer, forever learning then. Whether to fight, to disguise, or to brew potions, I was very naive then, filled with thoughts of glory and power, and now, all I can think about is whether I'll be able to fix the mistake I made. Perhaps this is a test bestowed on me by the gods, to see if I can fix the world after dooming it. Or perhaps it will be my downfall, in which I only hope that Hakari will be able to carry on with me in his heart. Only time will tell if my story is at an end, or only just the beginning.

With that, Elissril closed her diary, and crawled beneath the bed of the room, lifting up a piece of the wooden floor with some force, and slipping the diary in it, along with a dagger of elven design on top of it, hiding her diary for some other curious hands to find most likely.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Dec 21st, '10, 01:35 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril stood over before the small village of Lil Sum, her gaze on the village, yet her mind was elsewhere, within her thoughts...

She had a potential to be a shadow mage, she knew this since the ritual. Now was the step of figuring out how to harness her power that she had unlocked in her. Her recent talk with Anni had encouraged her to seek out someone to teach her to harness the shadow magic in her. Only trouble was that it would not be an easy task, considering the magic's rarity, yet she became increasingly encouraged to do so.

Thankfully, a recent wizard friend Nox of hers agreed to help her find someone. Someone that was perhaps imprisoned by a government, someone that she could learn from in exchange for their freedom. Or perhaps the situation would be different then that, but at this point, she was willing to do whatever it takes.

The cat cracked a grin and vanished into the night, her mind made up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Dec 22nd, '10, 05:18 
Level 5 Player Character

Dream diary,

Entry sixteen

I dream that our world is conquered, and reduced to a shadow of its former glory. Cities are smoldering ruins, and yet are still inhabitated, as if those still living were trying to desperately cling to that which they had left. I am alone, and despite how depressing this is, I am somehow unbothered by it. I wandered the land, and stopped to look down at a pond, I knew not where I was. I stared at my reflection, and somehow, I was not satisfied by what I saw, as though a part of me yearned to be more naturally beautiful. I realize that many would tell me that I look just fine, but to my eyes... it just doesen't seem enough. The more I stared, the more I saw Her, Elissith, and her beauty. I admired such beauty that she had, and also desired it more then ever. I know not how long I stared, but when I looked up, I saw a wall, with a doorway to it, leading into darkness. A dark blue ripple was ever present at the entrance to it, as if it was perhaps a portal. In my curiousity, I decided to approach it and walk into the doorway that resembled perhaps a whirlpool of my desires, or perhaps something else. I awoke when I entered the doorway, unfortunately. This doorway seems to stand out in my mind, so I have taken the liberty of making out a rough sketch of it.

(For those curious, this was a quick sketch that I spent an hour and a half on after feeling inspired from an unrelated dream.)

Offline Profile