Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 10:43

Post subject: Elissril Trevelyn
PostPosted: Apr 14th, '10, 03:30 
Level 5 Player Character

Eight years ago...

A half-elven teenage woman sat at a table in a small room, rays of sunlight were peeking through an open window, the sounds
of the usual ongoings of the city heard. The half-elf looked out the window at the city, she wondered if she would ever see
outside of the city and beyond it until she hear soft footsteps sounding from behind, turning slightly and glancing over her
shoulder, spotting her elven mother in a blue gown placing a comforting hand on her shoulder, yet she had a look in her eyes, like
she had something she wanted to talk about, the woman knew her mother well enough to recognize it.

“Hello, Elissril.” She said softly, her hand squeezing her shoulder.

“Hello, mother.” The woman said in reply, smiling slightly.

“We have something to talk about, my dear.” Her mother said, caressing her shoulder a moment longer, before retracting her hand to
reach behind her back.

“What is it, mother?” Elissril tilted her head, curious.

Her mother stepped around to sit down at the table, her hand at her back returning to place a dagger on the table, smiling to her
daughter. “Elissril, I think you are old enough to carry it, and I would like you to keep it on you. You never know if you will
need it.”

Elissril looked at the dagger, and then at her mother, at first she was puzzled at why she would prize her daughter with a dagger,
but then her thoughts began to turn to situations where she would need a dagger to survive, and she nodded slowly. “I... thank you,
mother. Can you show me how to use it?”

Her mother nodded and grinned. “Do you think I would give you a dagger without teaching you how to use it? Of course not!
I'll be teaching you a lot more that you might need one day, too.”

At that, Elissril nodded, and pocketted the dagger. Perhaps she will be seeing beyond the city someday afterall...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Elissril Trevelyn
PostPosted: Apr 14th, '10, 04:30 
Level 5 Player Character

Eight years later...

Elissril stared at herself in a small mirror displayed on a desk, hiding a small pin into her ponytail and grinning before
she heard her door open, and she looked to her left, spotting her mother entering the room and smiling. “Good morning, mother.”

“Good morning, dear.” Her mother smiled back as she walked in the room, looking at her ponytail a moment, as if she had spotted
the pin hidden there. “I think its time we had a talk my dear. I know that you have been wanting to set out and make a life of
yourself, and I believe now is a good time, don't you agree?”

Elissril grinned, she was waiting for this day for eight years, this day after she turned the age of 21, she was deemed worthy by
her mother to finally set out in the world and see more of it. She was excited and yet terrified at the same time about the thought,
That she would be walking into unknown dangers? That she would be learning of many exciting new things? Her feelings her mixed, yet
her curiousity was quicker to overpower. She nodded. “Of course, now is as good of a time to leave as any. Though I have one question
to ask of you... How come I have never seen father, nor remember him?”

Elissril's mother frowned slightly at the question, yet she saw that her grin had turned to a serious look, and she took in a breath.
“Your father was cursed, he was taken by shadows.”

Elissril raised a brow, her curiousity was instantly sparked. ”Shadows?”

Her mother nodded. “They looked like people, only... they were shadows of them. They came one night when you were but a babe. I was
unable to fight them, but they were too much, and their touch was cold,yet they did not kill me, as if the curse was after him only... and perhaps had a purpose with you, as I saw
one enter your room as well as his, but things became very black for me after that. When I woke up, he was dead, and you were
slumbering in your room unharmed, I do not know what happened, but he was gone, and you were all I had left, and now I want you to follow
your hearts desire.”

Elissril listened intently to the story, unsure of what to make of it, as she most certainly could not recall her memories of being a babe,
nodding as her mother finished. “Thank you... for telling me the truth. I was curious, and I must admit, I was not expecting this,
but I had to know, unexpected or no.”

“I was gathering up the courage to tell you for a long time... And now was a good time for it. Go now, I've left you a pouch of coins
on the table downstairs to get you started. Where are you going from here? Well... thats up to you, Elissril, and remember, tread lightly.”
Her mother caressed her shoulder, before leaving her room.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 20th, '10, 00:07 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril sits at a desk in a room she is staying in for the night, scribbling into a small black book with a quill pen...

First entry

It has been a small measure of time since I have left my home in downtown Solinar to seek a new life, perhaps become a spy, or at least employed to keep a living, anything. Well, I found a lot more of a new life then I expected when I became an apprentice in well... walking between darkness and light, something that I may become loathed for. Still, what puts more of a knot in my stomach, is the talks of being shade blooded, and possibly even a shade reincarnation, even one of my mentor's other students seemed to pale at the idea, still, its something I may have to come to terms with sometime, and I better start getting used to it, along with its hazards.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 20th, '10, 21:36 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril stood in a dark narrow hallway, with books on shelves on each side, there was little light here, except for a faint touch of light down the hallway from a candle. Elissril cautiously made her way down the hallway somehow without making contact with the walls, despite being near blind in the dark, guided only by the end of the hall.

The end turned left into a small study room, lit by three candles on tables, and a figure in black robes stood at the center of the room. Elissril stepped closer to the figure, but soon heard a groaning from it, unlike anything human, and then it turned, revealing a shadowy black face, its jaw stretched down impossibly. Elissril gasped, and raised a hand to defend herself...

Elissril's eyes snapped open, her hand raised up from the nightmare she had just woken from, taking in a few breathes in haste, and then she sat on her bed for a moment, shaking her head and rising to move to her desk and write.

Second entry

I am sleepless as I write this, nightmares have become common place of late, and I have been recovering from a deadly nightshade poisoning that I had not too long ago, something that set me back greatly, as it was hard on my eyes and left some damage to them. Still, my eyes seem to be recovering, being in the dark helps.

I had a talk with my mentor, and an interesting thought came up before she departed. That something distant in my family unknown might pop up. I don't think she really, more suggesting it really. I suppose I don't deny it, but I still think it would be ridiculous if they were anything special and likely had to involve me, or something.

Regardless, I will continue to recover. Not sure how I am going to catch much sleep, though. Maybe that'll come with the recovery.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 23rd, '10, 17:50 
Level 5 Player Character

Third entry

More dreams and nightmares. They all seem real, although I noticed something in my previous one, perhaps it is just a dream, perhaps just something on my mind, or perhaps its something else. In this dream, I looked at the back of my hand, only to notice a tattoo on it, a pointed leaf, a bell shaped flower, and a berry by the looks of it. I managed to keep it in memory long enough to draw a sketch at the bottom of the page, it might mean something later. Maybe present it to my mentor, I wonder if she knows or sees something in me that I don't, or maybe just had an idea.

I went deep underground with Catie today, said she'd help me with my nightshade cleansing, what she failed to mention was that I would have to get poisoned by numerous spiders and exert myself in order to fully force the poison out, it was a painful endevor, but I am starting to feel better now, I took a nap when I got out and it was a wonderous nap, free of the interruptions of nightmares, it remains yet to be seen if the nightmares will be warded away forever, though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 3rd, '10, 11:38 
Level 5 Player Character

Fourth entry

Still more dreams and nightmares, though not as frequent. I had an apparent incident of sleep walking last night, I dreamt that I was falling upwards into a night sky, and in my panic, I called the shadows to my defense, and as I woke, I was all black as if I really had used one of my more recent abilities, in my sleep no less. It has been suggested that I exert myself before I sleep to prevent any further sleep walking, or strapping myself down to a bed, although I'd rather feel sane.

On a few slightly better notes, I am now employed to my mentor, though the details of it shall remain limited in these writings, I trust her. I am not sure that I would be so quick to go in such an occupation for anyone else, and besides, it gives me a purpose and direction to go in, where or what else would I have done if I said no? I've also learned some survival, something that will no doutb be needed for my occupation.

I have also become curious about a certain rabbit that seems to be running about of late, and it seems everytime one chases it, especially down a rabbit hole, they slip into a world of dreams and nightmares, while it can be distressing, time will tell if it proves to be insightful, or harmful. I have followed this rabbit down twice now, and I'm still not quite sure what there is to see there, as it seems to be different each time, perhaps a third time will happen? We will see.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 7th, '10, 11:42 
Level 5 Player Character

Fifth entry

Exhaustion sweeps over me as I write this, and I expect very soon I will be barely conscious. I have been doing numerous stretches and pushups before sleeping, as its supposed to prevent sleep walking. I cannot even take naps anymore for fear that I will get up in the middle of the nap and sleep walk my way into trouble. I wonder how I'll explain that one if it ever does.

Of late I have been pondering what god I want to follow, or even if I want to follow any god at all. There are two that I have in mind, though I am uncertain, and with mixed feelings. The first is possibly Seleen, though I'm not sure if I'd call myself the most peaceful of people, and I doutb she would pay much attention to one who might become vengeful if something bad happened, but a choice to consider nonetheless. The other is Janzel, he seems chaotic, and to have some concern with my profession in some manner or another in that he apparently made what is called a "Shadowfury", still, even he I have mixed feelings about. Hes a joke, and hes hit on me the two times I've seen him, and I expect its not going to help any that I'm a virgin.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 13th, '10, 03:37 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril sat in her room at her home in Downtone Solinar, it was evening and her mother was not home, it didn't matter though, considering she wasn't planning on staying long anyways. Thoughts of her past rolled through her head as she gathered a bunch of violet berries into a pouch, thinking back to her younger years...

Her mother was able to keep her safe from many of the slums less civilized inhabitants, but there were still some that slipped through the cracks from time to time, one in particular named Briac, whom was a few years older then her, and used that to his advantage at one time, bullying Elissril one day and taking from her something she prized, her mother's dagger, something that she never mentioned to this day.

Tonight was the night that she would claim some vengeance, but ultimately, to gain back something she was given, and having grown up in Downtown, she knew who many of the people were, so it would not be difficult to find him, Elissril tied the pouch to her belt, and left the house to begin her search.

To Elissril's surprise, it didn't take long to find the man she was looking for, he heard his voice from a back alley, and then the sounds of hurried foot steps, followed by a frightened commoner running out of the alley, clearly he had been robbed. Elissril stepped into the back alley and sure enough she spotted her mark, a slightly scruffy appearance, as some that lived there tended to have, and there was a smell of rats and alcohol on him. His clothing slightly tattered and stained in spots, he was busy counting coins that he has presumably just taken, Elissril looked around to spot that Briac had left an open drink nearby, and an idea came to her mind, she would be able to get to it unseen, as long as she remained quiet. Wasting no time, she crouched slightly in the shadows, and creeped, reaching a hand in her pouch and taking out the violet berries, she slowly squeezed the berries, taking care not to squeeze too hard so that no dripping sound would be made.

Briac grinned, and murmured to himself, “Not bad for one night.” and began to place the counted coins into a pouch, which created a few seconds of gold jingling, the noise allowed Elissril to squeeze the juice into the bottle slightly faster, and then she crept away, knowing he would soon take his drink again and sip it in mirth.

And he did.

Elissril followed the man for a better part of the night, awaiting eagerly, by now the streets were almost deathly quiet, being late into the eve. Briac suddenly stopped as he was walking into a back alley, his hands frantically grabbing at his chest, falling down, he didn't even make any noise, unable to even breathe it seemed, and after a few minutes, he was deathly still, eyes wide.

Elissril grinned at this, glancing around, and then she approached the corpse of her victim, searching his pockets, and sure enough, she found her dagger, still in its teal sheath that her mother gave it to her in, she pocketted it, ran her fingers over the man's eyelids to close them, and made her leave of the area, to take a room at the sunrise inn out of Downtown and rest for the last few hours of the eve, before the sun would come up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 25th, '10, 23:59 
Level 5 Player Character

Sixth entry

It has been some time since I have wrote in this book, many things have happened, and progress made, since I last even opened these books. I imagine I'll be reading back on this one day, and laugh.

Its been discovered that I am something called a "lucid dreamer", someone that can apparently change their dreams to their will, or needs more like. If this has any special meaning, I don't know, and I doutb it, it will simply make the nightmares more bearable. And on the topic of nightmares, my mentor still thinks I should be paying attention to these dreams and nightmares, I have learned some of my dreaming of late. In many of them, I appear to be looking for something, or someone, but either a shadow hunts me and chases me, or I don't find it. This particular shadow seems unstoppable in my dreams, even when I alter the situation to my advantage, it simply becomes bigger, and stronger. Though oddly enough, I have seen a second shadow, feminine, but always distant and unreachable, or at least not quickly reachable. Is she what I'm looking for? I am tempted to let myself sleep walk, just to see what I would do, though I would have to be under supervision, but I'm overthinking this, it seems silly that something not real, would have anything to do with me.

In other news, my training has gone well, and I'm surprised that I still yet live, as survival seems to be an increasingly difficult sport that involves avoiding the wrong places at the wrong time, a sport that might as well gamble your life as soon as you go somewhere, or do anything, but I suppose that does make living slightly interesting. And note, don't look at mirrors that shine strangely.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 11th, '10, 23:26 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril sat at her desk in her room, at her home downtone Solinar, it was late eve and her mother was in reverie, and was not
even aware that her daughter had snuck in. Elissril didn't come to her room often anymore, but she felt safest there. She opened
a red book on the desk that was her dream diary and began to read through it.

I write this book to record my dreams of interest, thats not to say that I think some of my dreams are special or anything,
but someone does, and so I write of these dreams so that they might read of them in the future. As a note to self, this book
should be kept beside my bed so that I will remember to write in this to the best of my recollection.

Entry 1

I walk down a narrow hallway, it is completely dark, with a room at the end, lit by a few candles on desks, with bookshelves on
all of the walls. There was a lone robed figure, black, or perhaps shadowy, standing, and back faced. I approached it, and it groaned,
turning to face me with jaws impossibly stretched down. I awoke immediately upon seeing that.

Entry 2

I was inside of a dark house, trapped in it, and looking about it cautiously for an exit. It was eerily silent, upstairs there
was the occasional whispering heard but overall, there was little of interest in the house, as it was old, dusty, and run down.
Outside was gloomy, the woods were dark, and the clouds were gray and thick. Though there was a passage in the basement,
but I was stabbed from behind in the chest before I could explore it. The fright of this awoke me.

Entry 3

There is not much to note of this dream. I was falling down at the sky, instead of down at the ground, which was very odd, and
very frightening, as falling long enough tends to make me delirious. The only thing of note here, is that I used one of my abilities,
a shadowy skin, and I did so for real, making me aware that I could very well sleep walk.

Entry 4

This dream seems to take place in mining tunnels, lit, yet empty and silent. Though the silence does not last, as two red eyes
peer from the darkness, and a shadow emerged. I drew a sword to fight it, but I found that with each blow I gave to it, I only
made it stronger and more easier for it to overpower me, and so I quickly changed my tactic to flee, and it gave chase after me.
I ran to a large cavernous room, and it was a dead end that left me trapped, and I became very afraid... so afraid infact, that
I somehow willed the tunnel to collaspe on the shadow. I do not know how I willed such to happen, I just do. I woke up after the
tunnel collasped.

Entry 5

I dreamt of being in a town that was surrounded on all sides by a cemetary, which gave it a surreal and eerie feeling to it.
It was night time with a starless sky, and no one was out. My stroll seemed peaceful, until two familar red eyes opened and peered at me, the
shadow them emerging out, his hands reaching for me. I ran away into the the endless maze of the cemetary, with many gravestones,
and many crypts. As I ran through the cemetary, I managed a look through a porticullis of one of the crypts to spot a feminine shadow, but
I had no time to stop look at it for long. Having been made aware that I am a lucid dreamer, I often willed fences to appear behind me to buy me some time
in my retreat, though even still the shadow would gain on me. Finally, I willed a hole to appear that would plunge me deep underground,
and close behind me. It appeared, and I dove in, awakening.

Entry 6

I was inside of a building, in a large room with a high ceiling and no windows. It seemed made mostly of white and teal marbles.
There were two balconies above, that feminine shadow was atop of one of them. She seemed to be watching me, and nothing more. And then once again, the second, more hostile shadow emerged.
I fled through one of the doors, and down a hallway, to find a set of circular stairs going up. I ran up them to the next floor, which
more resembled a maze. I frantically made my way through them, creating doors behind me to buy myself time. Finally, I came face to
face with the feminine shadow, but a porticullis seperated us. The other shadow caught up through the final door, and I awoke.

Entry 7

I was on a small rowboat going down an underground river. All was peaceful, until my boat crashed down of two waterfalls.
The boat stayed afloat, unable to turn back, I rowed on. I was stopped when I saw not two, but five different passages.
Having no idea where to go, I took the far right passage. I was caught on a current, which moved me faster and faster, until
I crashed on some cave floor at the end, and was forced to continue down the caves on foot. As I made my way further in the caves
I looekd back and noticed two red eyes in the distance. Recognizing this, I began to flee, collasping some rock behind me, and willing
a barrier into existance as I ran, but neither of these stopped it from eventually catching up to me, and when it did, I woke up before
I could strike it.

Entry 8

I was on the same rowbow on the same river as the last dream, only this time at the tunnels, I took the second passage from the left,
currents picked up and sped my boat down the passage, until I ended in a large cavernous area, with an island that had a lighthouse on it
before the passage continued on. Being that I am as curious as a cat, I decided to dock the boat and explore this curious lighthouse.
The building itself seemed to made entirely of a black stone, and it was old, if a bit rundown as well. I looked around it, at the top,
there was a good view of the passage beyond the island. No one was in the lighthouse, but on the way out, I did find a secret trapdoor
leading to a passage below, in the dark. I jumped in, and I awoke.

Entry 9

In this particular dream, I was underground yet again, battling giants with a sword that was not my own. A black short sword that
crackled with negative energy whenever it struck flesh. I was different, and more agile. These giants seemed more masochistic, there
were murals crudely depicting pain and suffering, and the enjoyment of it. I must have slain at least a dozen of the giants, before I
kicked a door down to come face to face with what seemed to be their chieftain. He seemed eager and pleased that combat had come to him,
and he charged at me with a child like glee. I charged towards him as well in a trick, shadowjumping behind him and throwing a dagger at
his back as he nearly slammed into the wall. I ran to him as his back was turned, and slashed behind one of his knees, though all it did
was stagger him. He swung his large greatsword at me, but I leaped back onto the wall and dodged, only to launch myself towards his chest,
slamming right into it with the sword going into his heart. I placed my feet on his chest, and held on for a moment, and then pulled the
sword out, jumping back with a backflip and landing on my feet, gazing at the giant who's enthusiam for battle and pain was dimmed somewhat
by the death blow. The giant had magical armor and weaponry, along with a great deal many scars, having more then seen his share of fighting.
If any loyal to him lived, he would likely have gotten a burial of the highest honor. I awoke as I gazed on his lifeless corpse.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 20th, '10, 06:50 
Level 5 Player Character

Seventh entry

It has been sometime since I have wrote in this. Much has happened. First is that I was given an opportunity to visit the city of Shaedenaar, and as I'd later discover, much more then simply visit it. Though first we were charged with the task of finding their high priestess. We first encountered a giant hound that would not let us pass, but Tammy managed to trick it by introducing us as Nobody, amusingly enough. I didn't pick it up at first until it said "Nobody can pass!", that thought will always put a grin on my face. Then we met the Lord of Dreams, who allowed us to pass, but I decided to ask him a question about my dreams, and after telling him of them, I was given this answer:

“Yourself is what you fight and the one that watches might, expectations or might not be, but what you seek you'll only see - if you go the right way yet, fear is what fear begets, learn your way and walk it well, do not fear to enter...”

The meaning of the answer is still not entirely clear to me yet, but it will in time. Regardless, we continued on to see his brother, Death. He made no effort to stop us from reaching the high priestess, nor made any effort to help, either. And we found her, though we had to reason with a god that did not want to release her, and after some conversation, we made our way to Shaedenaar with a stone that Catrine was given.

It was very dark, and there were shadows everywhere. It did not take us long to reach the city, which to my surprise actually looked very much similar to Solinar, but still, the city was shattered, and something had to be done about it. Myself, and the others were given a day to rest, and the next day, or night more like, I learned that being in the Shadow Plane for me was very much similar to being in dreams, in that I can will things into existance, essentially like a demigod. It is apparently because I have some form of connection to the Shadows. Still, the task of restoring Shaedenaar was not going to be easy. Three pillars had to be disrupted, and then a shield around the general responsible for shattering this city would vanish, allowing us to get to it and strike it. Myself and Hakari were sent to one, and we had to combat a demon woman that was able to vanish. She was dangerous, and neither of us could see her, so I summoned my shadow to lure her out, and it worked, allowing Hakari to strike for her heart.

All three of the pillars were successfully disrupted, and we all found ourselves before the general, locked in a war of wills with it. All of us won, and it turned out to be a decrepid and odd little thing, and it said "Da'karl won't be pleased" before it made its leave rather quickly, and then Shaedenaar came back together like a puzzle piece. It was saved from complete destruction, and the high priestess called me a Shadowsworn Disciple, and she granted me passage into adepthood.

Second is that I have found someone in my life, and he is perhaps more then mesmerized, I enjoy his company, and he has a tendency to be amusing. One of the less sane lotus girls teases us about it, but can one really be so surprised?

And thirdly, I have decided that I am going to seek out a Shade for further guidance, as I seek to learn more of myself and my dreams, perhaps even learn of if I am a reincarnate or not, and if I am, then I might very well have a lot more to learn of myself, then again, I may not ever learn much. Though I do hope that I can continue to learn more ways of the Shadows, perhaps even find a way to bring out the reincarnation aspects of my summoned shadow, if I am indeed one, or maybe learn to focus my vision into the Shadow Plane, or maybe even learn of my so-called Ability my mentor has spoken of, but I am getting ahead of myself. I have already spoken with this to Hakari, and he has agreed to help me, and then I mentioned it to Tammy, because she usually has good advice, and she advised me to ask Catrine about any Shades, as she was the first good reliable person to come to mind to ask, and so that will be the first thing I will do.

Elissril finished writing in her journal in her room that was in Downtown, putting the quill pen into its inkwell, she left the book open as she laid on her bed, exhausted, and her arms burning from exhaustion of writing, she closed her eyes to sleep, and dream...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 1st, '10, 18:31 
Level 5 Player Character

Eighth entry

I sleep better now, thanks to the efforts of a potion made by my mentor. It was a potion made to make one fall into deep sleep, stronger then lucid dreaming even. In it, I traversed through a forest, into a marketplace. There, I bought a sapphire ring, which became a cloud of butterflies, a pretty sight. The shadow came, as it often did, and I moved along, only to find myself in Zheradan, with someone there to protect me, but I again was forced to flee, and found a tower in a clearing. A face on the door spoke of facing memories, and the truth, or at least I think so, and I walked in. I found myself in an arena, and it was announced to be a day that I would face my shadow, as if it were a grand thing. It came through the opposite gate, and I confronted the shadow. Not through battle, but through conversation, told me that it was myself, and my creation, and that I had to accept it, after moments of speaking and thinking it over, I accepted it, and it walked into me, seeming to meld into me, and then I awoke. I have not seen the shadow in my dream again ever since, although I have occasionally seen the other female shadow, still. I feel as though I have overcome an obstacle, and I can sleep better knowing this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '10, 16:33 
Masters of Fate

Nightmares were discovered to be no more, and the man who cared about the woman who had them so much, held in the deepest of anxiety for these mares of the night till this discovery, this moment in time, where he could finally reveal it. He discovered two sides to himself, one which battled the other, ever since she came into his life. One became the victor. The other, his greatest fear – to become the very monsters that he seeks out to end – would become a reality if she were not in his life.

On the mountain where the skies met the stars, not even the train of the ether could distract them. Rather, it would add a scenery ineffable, describable only through the symbols of the painting and the two who stood there, and the unity of what was all around them. There, a sacred place to him and to her, he told her a question would be saved for when next they would meet.

“All I will say is it deals with my clan.”

When they next met, he took her to a glade hidden within the embrace of Gaia, for it was enchanted and sad as not a willow that weeps but as one that smiles - and it shone like the garnet gem.

As the trickle of the waterfalls provided a soothe of its own, the air of the place gathered together and only added unto the mysticism of the two that stood there, watching, listening to each other. She herself revealed unto him the passing of the last test he would have administered before revealing the question he had promised. Filled with awe that trickled through his ghostly eyes, he asked,
“Do you… really wish to plague your life with me in it, for your…” his hands trembled “entire life?”

Her hood shifted slightly, taking an eyeful, and there was no pause but for the length of a drop of water that falls from a table.

“I can’t see why not.”

He rushed to her in a flash, but his hands were holding her chin and jawline up so delicately as if he were balancing a feather upon a finger. The sight upon the mountain recalled through his eyes, and through them reflected back a moonlight silver so fresh that – at this one moment in time – reflected not wilderness, nor did it reflect suffering, nor death. It was the beautiful unknown, and… at this moment in time, a horn sounded…

An army of the ancients larger than the peoples of Solinar appeared before them, after their leader asked permission to speak. Indeed, only such a force would dare intervene within a moment in time that would perhaps be called, as a name, Sanctarius. The two Dark Gods will wage a war south of the Forest of Myst, they were informed. And the two who were told this were informed by this leader and his army. These two would somehow be involved.

“A greater shadow than which you yourselves stride is stirring over the land. No mortal will be able to deny the call – it is your way of life and very existence at danger.”

More than this warning regarding news of an oncoming war, the leader would not say, for the Elder Gods forbade them to intervene. This would be a task that would be sorted by nature, and only those who had the strength to live, would do so. All these ancients could give was their hope, before they vanished into the air and became the wind itself, sweeping into the morning like an enchantment.

Why did they appear before the two? What were they not telling them? Was there a hidden message involved in all of this?

This would be a task the two would have to discover on their own.
Despite the war of wars that would affect the outcome of mortals on Gaia, this would not deter the promise made to ask her the question concerning the clan.

“As you know, I walk the path of my ancestors,” he began to tell her, “and it is my path, and shall be my path. But the path of the Rei-Kuei clan is only complete when there is a Trinity. This Trinity was expressed with me, and my father and mother who raised me. But it can express itself in its own ways. For instance, my Trinity was that my mother and father have always been with me, even when having passed away. I am ready to let my mother and father rest in my heart, and take a new expression.” He takes in a deep breath, his eyes closed, feeling the soothe of the waterfalls. “The top of this triangle will be all spirits that exist, all that form into One, the Yaoyorozu no Kami.”

“And we’re the other two corners.” She grins. “I like it.”

Hakari would smile a most rare smile. “The other two parts of the triangle will be You and I, the material manifestation that expresses the mysticism of the ‘Isness.’ In history, there have always seemed to be three Rei-Kuei at any one point in time, no more, and usually, no less. Elissril Trevelyn, will you accept to enter this Trinity I have bestowed, and walk it as your life, despite whatever the obstacle? Do you choose to enter my family, and take the name of Rei-Kuei, in life, and in death?”

She took in a breath.

Moments transpired, and they sealed in blood with a cut on each right palm from Onikata, the ancestral sword of the Rei-Kuei clan. Hakari unsheathed this ebony black ninja-to decorated with golden runes, and it was soundless. The cuts were swift and clean, and a tickling numbness remained till the wounds would close.

Hakari would close their hands tightly, in a strong grip. “Till now, and beyond, may the legacy of Rei-Kuei flow in your blood. You may now wield the sword of the ancestors.”

“I will walk as Elissril Rei-Kuei, always in spirit.”

“Eli Rei-Kuei, I will bestow upon you a gifted name as well, that you may use as you please,” he says, his eyes looking into the cosmos through her own. “Aika Rei-Kuei. Aika means, ‘Love Song.’”

The duality of Rei-Kuei was forged, with trinity in spirit by the spirits. New beginnings. The old strife of past memories lingered only as an after-thought of what once was. Every memory, every act will stay within the sword, to be passed through feeling from the old to the new. With the seals of Shouten-ryu Ninjutsu, two swords from one shall exist, one formed new from the other.

Nightmares were discovered to be no more.

To spare the sands, the seas, the skies
I offer thee this silent sacrifice."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 14th, '10, 01:47 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril sat at her desk, it was coming to early in the morning at her home, yet it was still dark out, for however briefly. She glanced behind her at a slumbering figure in her bed that was Hakari, grinning slightly as her attention turned back to a red book on her desk, opening it and writing in it.

Tenth entry

I was traversing down a wide cavernous passage, as a sidenote, I realize a lot of my dreams take place under the ground. Ahead was a fortress that spanned the entire cavern width, albeit wartorn and long abandoned. Several large holes were in some of the towers, though there was one that remained intact. Knowing that I would have to go inside to advance on, I decided to explore it, out of curiousity. Unfortunately, whatever had been there of any value whatsoever, they were taken, probably by whatever destroyed this place. I advanced up the stairs, finding myself up on the walls of the fortress, it was largely empty, except for a female being, crystalized. I touched it on the shoulder, and it cracked quickly, shattering in an explosion that sent me flying back, and then I suddenly felt as if I was swimming, with that other female shadow swimming towards me faster, her red eyes were real close to mine, before I woke up.

Eleventh entry

I was following a river, somewhere I think was in Zheraden, it looked similar at least. Nevertheless, I soon stumbled upon a very large boulder, and by chance I spotted something on it that was very low down on it, some kind of rune, yet I can't remember what it was. I crouched and touched it, and suddenly the ground beneath me opened into a hole for me to convieniently fall down. I landed on a soft pile of dirt, and got up to realize I was inside of a building now, built of beautiful white marble. There was only one way to go, and I followed down the short corridor that was adorned by a carpet, and a doorway at the end. Beyond was what looked like remnants of a library, only a couple of bookshelves survived, it seemed, someone had taken the liberty of destroying this place with well placed fireballs, the marble floor in there was charred at many spots. I wandered to the only two bookshelves left, and as I did, everything suddenly got bright, and then I woke up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 14th, '10, 14:18 
Twilight Council

One extra level has been granted for the effort here.

Offline Profile