Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 01:56

PostPosted: Apr 17th, '10, 15:38 
Level 2 Player Character

Location: Oklahoma...where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!
Hells..... *He thought to himself* How in the name of the Warfather did this happen? *He looked behind him at his younger sister...a sister whom he had barely met a week ago* A -sister-... *he could still scarcely believe the note from councillor Iauron...
I do not wish to be the messenger of ill news, but sadly it is my task. Your parents have fallen to the menace, and left your sister alone. Though the council does not approve of your choice to worship Kinul, and indeed would rather she -not- receive instruction from an outcast such as yourself, I feel being restrained from the only relative she has left is a far worse choice. It is my earnest hope that this message finds you quickly so that you may be reunited with your sister as soon as possible.
It had taken almost a month for him to receive the letter, and another for him to return home* ...home, bah! *he thought* They decry the Warfather's name, and in the same breath want me to come back, only to remove my sister from their midst...I don't even know her... *he looked back again at the young elf behind him. She was fully -half- his age. He shook his head as she had paused, yet again, to study something in detail and scribble in her book...such a tattered thing too. He had tried to give her another, one that looked less of a shamble of papers than the one she carried, but she only glared at him...deriding him for not understanding...and then launching into a tirade about wanting to go after father's bow...again...She was so strong willed, he sighed, so much like mother...like both of them...his anger flared at being denied their presence. He had been shamed...shamed...because of Kinul's call...a call that he couldn't ...no...wouldn't ignore. Maybe someday after she had grown some more he would take her to look for the bow...Shaking his head he wondered it probably isn't' even there any more, probably picked up by some traveller, or even possibly another elf. He sighed* Aelin'ara? Aelin'ara...what are you looking at?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Aug 14th, '10, 20:20 
Level 2 Player Character

Location: Oklahoma...where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!
Resting...after what I just experienced I need it...
*He sits in quiet contemplation, resting his back against the cool stone of the building. Aelin is resting as well, her 'notes' splayed out in front of her after the book had dropped, yet again*
How she keeps it organized is beyond me...And thinking back to the events of the evening...the herb quest for the old druid...the Rabians capturing Aelin...threatening her, threatening -me-...the hushed, desperate, whispered prayer ...the...Angels? Saints? Spirits?...They had seemed so real...and the artefacts they left behind are -very- real...but -they- had disappeared into thin air just like that. Looking back now, the suddenness of their arrival, the un-earthly speed and precision of their actions...was so, so, so laden with divinity...I hope to be as useful in his service...I am convinced they came from him...the blessed Warfather Kinul
*He and Aelin had searched in the city library for books she could study out of, and on a trip down one of the back aisles his hand had rested upon the tale of the brothers Eneel. He had looked inside the well-worn volume as she studied for what seemed an age. He read of the four defenders...cast out from the forest home Elmensfaar for zealously preaching the Warfathers name and beliefs...yet wandering the forest defending those in need of assistance*
Mighty Warfather, I ask your blessing upon the path I walk...and on my sister as well. Her young heart needs the strength and resolve of an older, wiser, Elf. I need to be that guide...grant me patience to deal with her impulses.

Offline Profile