Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 17:37

PostPosted: May 2nd, '10, 20:13 
Level 6 Player Character

Some Day and I think its night time....Bah, day 1

I don't know why I'm writing this in a journal but things have been bugging me I feel like I should write something down and get it off my chest. Besides, it might make a good adventure that even bards would sing.

Lets see what happened today. I polished my axe, sliced orcs with my axe, and then died with my axe. You know, I tend to do that a lot. Actually the first time I've died was to their kin. Stupid goblins and that spell that shoots like lights at you....ooh magic missile. I could not run away fast enough.

Come to think of it, what have I died to?

hmm, there was goblins, orcs, golems, elementals, zombies, ghost, scorpions, snakes, spiders, dragons, demons, alcohol poisoning, radiation(back when lushleaf was radiation, fighting the radiation and the radiation elementals, beat that ha), at one time rats, uh.....desert cause its like really really hot, more orcs, I could almost swear I was poked by a god at point but that could be the rum talking, lizard people, more lizard people, orcs, not having enough rum, and being converted by the curse...that was a nasty one though dying to radiation isn't to good either. The puking constantly, I could hardly keep my rum down.

With all that I'm still kicking ha, take that....uh who would I say that to? the overgod? but he saved me at one point. Bah, take that whoever you are.

One of these days I'll have to write about what makes me tick.

Lets do that now since its simple

Axes, rum, axes, money, axes, um, killing undead now, Nobody kills me and then convert me, Axes.

Well that is enough for now. I'll probably talk about my other adventures or something one of these days.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 4th, '10, 05:45 
Level 6 Player Character

Day....uh 5 I think. I don't know its been a few days after my first entry.

So today I'm going to write about sparring.

So I'm sitting outside Solinar...which is slowly becoming the new arena. Everybody today was sparring, first we had Corrin, an elf versus Boffo, a gnome. Needless to say Corrinn won. Figured that cause I've sparred with her a bit and she has some skills. Unfortunately not with axes but I'll let it slide.

Fight two, Boffo versus Keldrin, it was interesting cause it started off as a spell fight, one would be tossing a spell then the other would retaliate. To compare how the spells were, Boffo spells were like if he was using a dagger while Keldrin spells were like if he was using....an army or something. There wasn't much of a comparison.....ok that was crappy, I don't care its my journal.

Fight three, Then there was me and Corrinn. Do I need to say how that turned out, I'm the AXE MAN....heh.( you notice him underline and circles AXE MAN and draws a few axes around that)

Fight four was me versus Syntharis...all I know is that she is a red dragon disciple and I can't beat that...yet but I'm not going to let that stop me. We fought and I was knocked down and was kicked...and kicked and kicked. I think I still have her boot mark on my face. On a side note. DO NOT fight a dragon naked. See this wasn't the first time we dueled, I was sparing with her and I remember Kincaid was saying something about fighting without any armor on to see our own natural skills. That was when I learned that I suck at fighting bare handed and she is built like....uh......stone? I don't know what is harder than that...Mithril I guess. Anyway, I would punch, and then she would kick me. I still have the bruises from it, they left like a red mark all over my side and this was about a week or so ago. Good thing nobody sees me naked everyday. Back to the main part of the journal, I lost to her but at least I know I'm getting better. Every day I use my axe I hone my skills. One step closer and closer with becoming one with my axe.

Since this is my journal I'll let you in on a secret, you know why I like using axes? When I was younger, my parents liked axes, they were like weapon dealers or ambassadors or something like that for Solinar for B'Ahal, when I was maybe 5 or 6, my earliest memory with my parents is them taking me out and letting me hack at a tree with my dad's favorite axe and he was telling me how to swing with that axe. Mom looked at dad and said "You have to put your weight into it" while my dad was saying "Its about technique" , I chime in and say "why not both" and they both laughed and we took back some firewood and head back home. Eventually he hung up the axe in our house........(a few wet drops that looks like a tear drops on the journal)....that was....two days before...they died..............

(ok side note, I'm rather new at doing this, any feed back would be great)

Last edited by cgamerc on May 20th, '10, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 14th, '10, 04:15 
Level 6 Player Character

A knock is heard at the door, " Its open" a voice says. The smell of liquor seeps in as the door of the Temple opens. Pope Andrew Domian looks over at the man hovering in the doorway, " By the gods, your drunk." he says in a disappointing tone, " I can smell it from-"

" ...I know...that what happens when you drink and leave a bar" the man standing in the doorway says as he starts making his way over to the pope. He stumbles a bit before falling down on the steps in front of him. "ugh...I am drunker than I thought" he says, " I hope your not planning on staying here. This is a temple, if you need a place to sleep then you can go to the Sunrise Inn sir.", the pope says looking at the man covered in armor. "Please....I've been wanting to get a lot of things off my chest", he looks over at the Pope,"...and I figured I can talk to you". The Pope nods and looks at the man slumped over in a drunken stupor.
"So what is your name?"
"Michael"
"So what do you want to talk about?"
"....I don't know". The pope sighs and looks at the man," well there has to be a reason why you came here." Michael looks down and shakes his head, " the past few weeks have been.....troublesome to say the least. The days of when my parents died, dying a few times, my goals, and my past." he exhales and takes off his helmet along with his axes and sets them to his side. He continues looking down sitting with his back faced away from the Pope. " I don't know what to do. The Pope nods, " Well why don't you start from the beginning. Where were you born and tell me a bit about your parents."

Michael nods and looks up at the roof of the building "I was born here in Solinar but my parents were from B'Ahal. We had a place outside of town so we wouldn't get crap from being from B'Ahal. My parents as far as I know were something like ambassadors but with weapons, could say they were merchants and a diplomat. ", he pauses and starts wiping away a few tears ," My parents died when I was nine, some bandits or thugs killed them, never figured out why. All I remember is walking in and seeing them dead on the ground and two thugs looked at me then back at my parents and grab the axe that my dad use to use and walked out. When the Solinar guard got there they sent me off to live in an orphanage. The only good thing that came out of it was that my parents had money and I was able to live off that."

The Pope nods, " did they ever catch who killed your parents"
"no, I don't think I'll ever find them or even the axe my dad had.", he says as he shakes his head. "such a beautiful, golden handle and the blade was sharp to cut a tree like it was nothing. One of my earliest memories was of my mom and dad teaching me how to use an axe and chopping down a tree with it"
"What else happen after you went to the Orphanage?" the pope said
" I stayed there until I was 16 and joined up with a gang in town. I was in it for three years and I was somewhat of an enforcer, collecting money and threatening people. They tried to keep Solinar somewhat so we hit some of the settlements on the outskirts of town. Well on one of my jobs I was going to go collect some protection money from this family at a farm. I went there and did my usual threaten them with my axe and destroyed a few things." His voice breaks up a little bit ," and.... something happened. The dad pulled out a sword and swung at me, I easily deflected and his wife stepped in the way and I chopped her........she was dead instantly." Michael's tone shifts to a more somber tone. " the dad said a few explicates and swung at me again and I deflected his attack and chopped him in his gut and he died there that is when I looked over and saw a kid there looking at what I did. I snapped I grabbed the money off his parents walked to my boss, gave him the money and walked out. One of them tried to stop me and I chopped his arm off. That was when I was 19. I walked around and traveled the world and started drinking. I tried to drink the pain away and for about three years I did. I don't remember anything from 19 to 22. One day I woke up in Zheradan. No money, just an axe and my clothes. This monk took me in and help me divert my drinking into something more. Focusing them into my axe and my technique. I spent a few years there before I left and went on my own. That is when I came back to Solinar. That was last year and I'm 29 now."

The pope looks at Michael unable to say anything, Michael looks back and chuckles to himself," yeah I know its been something I guess"
"well your still here, I would say God would have a plan for you"
"oh? he didn't seem like he had one for me other than returning my body back to me." The pope looks at Michael and raises an eyebrow confused at the statement. Michael exhales and stands up, he picks up his axe and helmet and puts them back on and looks at the Pope. " Thank you, I would say more but I'm getting tired. If you don't mind, I would like to come back in another day and finish this talk."

The Pope nods, " Its good to get things of your chest my child. Though I do ask before you leave to donate something to the tithe box over there." He points, Michael nods as he walks over and drops a few gold pieces in it and as he leaves the Pope says one more things, " Oh, if you are going to come back, make sure your sobered up." Michael laughs and nods as he makes his way out the door.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 22nd, '10, 03:06 
Level 6 Player Character

Day...uh....its been a few months from my last entry.

So what have I've been doing. Well I have a student. I'm teaching this one girl named Orianna how to become better with her Halberd. So far she is doing rather well. I was actually shocked a bit with one of her goals I set for her. I figured she would need a little help. So in one of the goblin mines there is this shaman..i think or something who had a staff. He seems like a bit to tough for her especially with spells and what not. I happened to see her a few days ago and she had the staff and cloak off him. Have to say, I was swelling with pride. Go figure blocking and breaking bottles of rum would help her technique. I think next time I'll have to make her dodge diamonds...A bit expensive but I have way to many in my bag. They will start getting to the point where they are taking up my rum bottle space.

Well that was a few days ago but the real reason why I'm writing this, You know I though I saw everything. Death, the grim reaper kinda, hell even the Overgod Haniel. Which that death still weird me out but today I say....I think it was hell. Fucking Hell...though I was really drunk....really really drunk. Lots of issues today. Well I've been fighting and drinking to numb some of the pain, both physical and emotional. Well I can almost swear I've been getting better at dodging and attacking while drunk, I don't know, I've been working on it lately and I think I'm starting to hit a breakthrough.

Well I was out in the south plains when a light hit up north at Babylon, which is always bad no matter what it is. So a bunch of people, Me, Michael, Axe man, Drunken Axe man, ooh and Mr Axe .....heh, go up north and apparently the gate to the Abyss was opened, from there we go in, killing off a lot of demons and next thing you know we go to close the gate or try to. We had to options, go up and wake somebody to close the gate...though you think you would wake up when your house is being destroyed by a bunch of demons or we go into hell. We chose the latter.

Talk about........I.....I think I saw my dad there, but it wasn't him. He didn't...no it wasn't him. I was chewed out for being a drunk, I'm not a drunk am I? If he only knew what I've done. It isn't my fault they fought back, it was self defense. They shouldn't have fought back, all I just wanted was the money for protection, why the fuck did they have to fight back.....why, especially since they had a kid. I can never forgive myself for killing that kid's parents but if they didn't swing they would have still been there for that kid. Now he is going to grow up an orphan like me....It isn't my fault....It isn't my fault.....It isn't my fault......my fault........

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 22nd, '10, 19:35 
Level 6 Player Character

Day...(you see numbers added together) 95. Need to keep track of that.

Anyways today has been a day of discovery. It started the next day when me, Zalla, and Anni were out in the south plains talking about what happened at Babylon. Well within our conversation we got to talking about me and my drinking. I've been drinking a lot, and I've been noticing my technique was becoming more fluid. Not necessarily due to being drunk but the world seems like everything was flowing as one motion. From the swipe of a zombie or even the swing of my axe, even monsters appear slow and the weak points are easy to hit and don't require much effort swings. Even blows that hit me get easily deflected off me. Its a new level I've never been at or even seen before.

Well I was on this breakthrough until I saw that dammed sou back at Babylon,being called a drunk is starting to get to me. I'm not a drunk. Though Zalla said otherwise. But this is all besides the point. What really stood out of all this conversation is her telling me that an artificial way of focusing yourself isn't going to help you more or less. This got me thinking. What changed when I was drunk. Was it just liquid courage or was it something more. I know what I saw when I was drunk, and this led me to a new experiment. Can I replicate what I saw when I was drunk, Is it even possible? That is the goal I need to figure out.

Another thing, so I've been trying to get the materials for my axe that I have in my mind. A Diamondsteel axe. Apparently that is going to take a bit to get. So this is what I've figured out. Its a dwarven secret, if I were to even see it I would need to something insanely impressive, no human has ever received it, and Nathan can smelt Diamondsteel. How the hell? I don't know he could do that. So in a sense all I have to do is Impress the dwarves to give me a hunk of Diamondsteel then get Nathan to make me an axe. I'll have to give him something for when I get this done.

....I know I've made it sound simple, but even I have my doubts.Though I can't let that stop me. If I am to be an axe master I need the finest material. Its...I don't know how to describe it. Me and my axe are one and the axe that I choose to use, I want it perfect. I want it the best possible. eh, oh well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 25th, '10, 21:43 
Level 6 Player Character

Day 100

I'm writing this entry in my journal out of fear. As of late I've been having doubts about my drinking and I'm afraid that I may have a problem. I drink when I wake up, I drink when I fight, I drink when I'm relaxing, I drink when I even go to sleep. I can't go without a drink in a day. I don't know if that is good. I'm afraid that I don't know what is becoming of me.

I thought I was diluting myself believing that I can be drunk while fighting. I think its just a misconception on my part to foolishly believe that, just me not wanting to let go of that dammed bottle. I think its even starting to destroy my life and I'm foolishly ignoring that fact...

I've lost my student due to my rampant drinking antics, I've lost three years due to blacking out, and I've lost my sanity sometimes seeing either my parents or the parents I killed in some of the undead I've fought. Only thing its given me is a numbing sensation in forgetting I'm fighting undead or to forget the times I've died or the times when I've killed that kid's parents....I.....need....help.....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 27th, '10, 18:11 
Level 6 Player Character

A bottle rolled out from Michael's hand as he laid sprawled out on the ground in front of the Sunrise inn. He leaned over to grab the bottle but it rolled out of his reach. Around him laid a few other bottles and a few pieces of gold he used to buy the booze around him. He grunted and rolled onto his back and looked up into the sky contemplating life.

As he laid there he heard footsteps coming up to him, he looked over and saw his student Orianna walking over ," Master..." she said as she rushed to his aid. She wrapped her arms around him propping him up," ....you need to stop this"
"Why....it doesn't matter....I've stopped caring." he said looking away. He sighed as he looked up at Orianna ," ...I'm not even your master anymore....I've failed at that. Go find somebody else. Let me drink in peace." he looked away reaching for another bottle of rum.

She grabbed his hand ," No....I won't. You're my master and I can't sit by and let you do this to yourself." she looks away, a tear rolled down her cheek. " You don't see what you're doing to yourself. You don't even see what your doing to the people around you. You're letting that control you, I know you can resist it. Do it for me...." she said as tears streamed down her face. Michael reached over and grabbed one of the many bottles around. He leaned over to drink but paused as he saw tears run down her face. He looked over at the bottle again.
"...you're right......I am letting this control me. " He looked down at himself drenched in booze and looked up at Orianna,"...I'll do it, though I'm kinda ashamed as to how I acted. I need some time alone to think about what I've done. Right now I'm not your master...but when I come back, I'll be fit to teach you."

She walked up to him, smiled, and kissed him," Thank you". Michael nods and stood up. He grabbed one of the bottles of rum and poured it out on the streets and walked off. Orianna watched smiling cause she knew her master will be back soon....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '10, 18:47 
Level 6 Player Character

Day 256

Where do I begin? First my collection of weapons has increased to over 40 or so. I really like weapons and I really love axes. At least 5 or so of those weapons are axes. This is good for me being a weapon master and all. I’ve realized that I need to actually get better or at least be proficient with all weapons to fully understand and expect what somebody can do with their chosen weapon. So far my collection has quite the variety and has gotten me back into my days where I studied weapons when I was in school back in the day. That’s the only thing that ever mattered to me. Math, science, and stuff I never cared for. As far back as I remember, I was using axes then when I was going to school I started learning about just all types of weapons. I still used axes and what not but I began reading and learning as much as I can about all types of weapons. It took my random binge and forgetting three years of my life to actually get back into studying about weapons. Anyways I’ve gotten about as proficient as one could be in most weapons I’ve seen out there.

Second I have about three students who I train Orianna, Bera, and Cole. Cole is a shirtless slave and pit fighter who I will train and help him get his freedom. Screw how those people over in the northern kingdom are towards slavery, it isn’t right. He will be the best and will kill of his slavemaster and I’m fine with this. Bera is a cleric for the dwarves and brags about how she is good with her axe skills….HA….I’ll show her how it is done. Finally there is Orianna, as of now she needs some space so she can work on her father issues. I honestly don’t know what that feels like. To hate you’re parents so much or to even hate somebody so much. Being an orphan leaves a weird outlook on life. I’ve never love or hated anybody, never bothered to go out and really befriend people. Roland is a nice guy who I’d be fine with fighting by my side, Mi’thrim is one hell of a dwarf who I have to simply respect, and Delia ….nah Delianess is a princess who can make me chuckle every once in a while but I don’t know where I stand with them. I can converse and be a little charming but that’s partically me going through the motions. Don’t know how long it will be before Roland, Delia, or even MI’thrim walks out my life for whatever reason. That’s kinda why I rely on my weapons, they never leave me. Sure they get rusty or break but you can easily fix them or get a new one. People…are fickle, annoying, and unpredictable. Maybe that’s why I don’t have any kind of opinion normally about people; over the years people who I would call friends have been in and out of my life enough that I’ve stopped caring. Only thing that I rely on is me and my weapons. On a side note I’ve gotten nowhere on my axe. Everything goes through the dwarves so yeah. I have to do something worthy of my name and get them to remember me and get me an axe from it.

Third….I’ve been to hell. Why I have no idea and I don’t want to go again. I’ve had nightmares from my experiences there and I haven’t been able to ignore it. I saw the kid’s parents I killed haunt me. I’ve seen so many devils, among other stuff that are just nasty. That place just disgusts me and I haven’t been able to shake those images from my head. Every time I’m reminded about it I go off and drink, which brings me to my last point.

Fourth, I started drinking. Again. It started when I was talking to Vicho, we talked backed and forth and he convinced me to go ahead and drink some. As long as I control it, I’ll be good. I say that as if it was easy to control in the first place. I swore to myself I’d quit but I’m here drinking again. I take sips and I try not to get drunk cause I’m afraid…deathly afraid of binging like I did before. Unfortunately I think I’m a stone’s throw away from there. Probably one bad event would send me over. I don’t know.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 7th, '10, 20:42 
Level 6 Player Character

Day 260

.....ugh... the last few days it has been crappy. First I get arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct, second I go to trial and finally I get turned into a pig. Yeah a pig as in Oink Oink, people eating bacon near me, cracking jokes about giving me pig tails, me snorting and stuff....pig.

Let us start with me getting arrested. It started after Kincaid called me a disgrace because of how I acted. I blew up at him and punched him a few times, although lets be honest who hasn't wanted to punch Kincaid cause I'd figure Jaycee would love to, I think, but that is a whole other subject, anyways he called me a disgrace and I punched him. It got me thinking about what if I am. I would think that I'm not one with how I'm a renown weapon master and all or trying to be a renowned weapon master but, I really don't remember them to well nor do I know what they would want. I don't know if they would want me to be involved with weapons, maybe they would prefer me to be a merchant or what not. I do know that me acting a drunken fool doesn't help. Well I went and got drunk and all I remember is talking to Lucas and blowing into his face. He said some words and I tossed a bottle and I think I pushed a guard down and next thing you know, I'm in jail.

Which is my second point. So after I got out, I was told that I had to go to a judge. I assumed that I would have to pay a few fines......instead it was one of the worse experiences I've ever had. I dressed up in a tux...which is very rare for me since the last time I dressed up was for Galiae and Keldrin's wedding...wait no I was in armor then to. Well I showed up and it was a full blown trial. Apparently I've assaulted a guard and running around naked in Solinar. I tried to defend myself but....that didn't work out to well. I never felt so low in my life. Well the end results from the trial was for me to pay 100,000 gold, 70 hours of community service and I had to check into the hospital for Alcoholic Anonymous and finally I'll have a case worker check up on me.

The last thing to talk about is what happened today which leads me to say that I really hate mages sometimes. So I'm standing out in the market ward talking to Zalla, Kincaid, this tailor girl named Discord and one other who escapes my mind at the moment and we happen to see random animals running around. I figured somebody lost a few of them and so I went to go pick up a few and carry them back to their owner. This became the beginning of why I hate today....apparently the pig was magical. When I leaned over and tried to pick it up, a tail and a snout was transmuted on me. I figured maybe it would reverse itself if I touch another one, which probably wasn't the smartest idea but I don't know magic so whatever. After touching another pig, my skin turns pink. Once I...Oink...Oink Oink ...Oink( you see the oinks scratched out a bit) damn, I still have some residual pig in me. Once I had a snout, tail, and pink skin, Zalla, Kincaid, and Discord all made jokes on my behalf. Hell it was so bad that even Elissril walked up and started chewing on some bacon in front of me. That wasn't funny at all since I was the butt of the joke. After everybody started laughing and cracking jokes at me, one of the pigs walked up and started talking. Yeah the pig started talking to me, next thing you know it tackles me and I turn into a pig. Michael the pig. Afterward a gnome appeared and was talking about how it created a way to transmute people into Oink....pigs. WHY?....I mean really...why? How is turning somebody into a pig an effective spell. I swear..... So this gnome goes on and on talking about how it a success and then teleports off. I would have been stuck like that if it wasn't for this new mage named Nox I believe. He found a way to fix me....well mostly. I got everything back but my skin tone is a bit lighter than it use to be though. Oh well, I'm done for now, off to take a bath and get out the smell of oink of me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 17th, '10, 05:03 
Level 6 Player Character

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXO3gKfOUN8 (A song to keep in your head)

Day ...hell if I know but it doesn't matter cause I'm awesome.

Why do I say this. Because I survived this shadowy world full of things that doesn't make sense....but does it matter, Hell no cause they were weak I'm here. No magic, no gods, no nothing just me and my beautiful skills. Yeah....

This incident proves how great I am, I'm the best swordsman, hammerman, axe man, weapon man. I have it all, and nothing can stop me.

What about my students, I think I'm going to start charging people to be my student. Why? Because I am the best master they have ever seen or even known. Most masters are just a speck of grass while I'm a whole field of it. If I wanted to I can call myself a god of weapons....

I'm the best around, nothing ever going keep me down....(this line is scribbled down for a few pages)

//Michael has megalomania and is slowly becoming an asshole with it.

Offline Profile