Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 15:52

Post subject: Jaycee Harper- Cat Seer
PostPosted: Jun 8th, '10, 05:31 
Level 5 Player Character

The little girls breaths came in hushed gasps from under the dirty bed, dust bunnies invading her nostrils and making her eyes itch something fierce. Hurried footsteps sounded around the tiny room, and in the distance the awful sound of a man grunting in pleasure and a woman rising to meet him, however practiced her sounds may be.
“Is she hidden?” a woman’s voice came out, the tone coarse and old, it held fear in it, something a woman of her profession wasn’t a stranger to.
“She is…come, come we must act natural.”
She couldn’t see anything but the other women’s feet walking past the door to the sparse bedroom and the lack of sight unnerved her even though she was just a child and truly had no idea the horrors that would happen if she were to slip out from under the dilapidated mattress to get a better look.
The wood of the worn down floorboards in the main room creaked hauntingly as extra weight was placed on them, and instantly she knew why the women had insisted on hiding her.
“ Where is she? I know you have a child here!” the man’s deep drunken voice bellowed throughout the corridors of the brothel.
“Terribly sorry sir, but its just the normal girls here. If you like I could set you up with Marlayna, you really liked her last time.” The matron’s voice rang out, firm yet sweet.
The man snorted in disgust at the suggestion as he began wandering through the brothel, looking in each room. “Jimmy told me he saw her here…he wouldn’t lie to me.” Rubbing a grimy hand under his nose, wiping away snot and vomit…the man had obviously just been sick in the alley outside the building.
He stalked the hallway, eyeing each woman with disdain, the look on his face told each of them that he would find the child and if they stood in his way, they would pay.
The girls heart raced under her threadbare shirt and her palms felt clammy. She only had one chance at getting out of here before he saw her…this was it. Bracing herself, she dug her bare toes into the shoddy wood of the floor and propelled herself out from under the bed, heading for the door that lead into the hallway.
The prostitutes gave collective gasps of surprise as the eight year old wheeled around the corner her matted blonde hair flying behind her. At the sound of the multiple gasps the man could only guess what had happened and turned his hulking form to run down the long door lined hall after the young girl.
Giving a yelp of fear the girl rounded another corner into the main room, full of men awaiting their turn at their favorite woman in the house. Skidding to a halt she turned around attempting to make her way back towards the room she came from but was brought to a full stop by the barrel chest of the massive man before her. His large sweaty hand entwined in her hair at the scalp and made her scream out in pain.
“No! Please!” the desperation coming from her voice was palpable and a few of the women in the room threw themselves at him in frantic and futile attempts at stopping what was inevitable.
“Now, now ladies…” swinging a meaty fist into the closest woman he sent her flying into a small wooden hutch. “…I will have my treat.”
Marching through the throngs of prostitutes he made his way down the hallway and into the closest bedroom. Throwing the girl onto the bed, he slammed the door, dust falling in chunks from the rafters above.
“I will make you scream little Jaycee.”

-------

Jaycee wiped the back of her hand across her sweaty brow and caught her breath slowly. The long run from the monastery to the plains always helped to clear her thoughts from the goings on that was her insane life.
School, training and now she could possibly be the daughter of some un-named god. Or that was the rumor floating around, generated by Tammy and Delia. They meant well, she knew that, but how could a girl like her raised by prostitutes possibly be what they say?
Shaking her head to rid herself of the thoughts she glanced across the plains to where a few of the others were gathered. Her soft amber eyes sought out a certain figure, tall, dark and oddly handsome…she was drawn to him, like a bee to honey. She knew it was wrong, he was spoken for and she had her training to focus on, but here she was. Then there was Ace, she was actually looking forward to their “dinner not a date”. It would help to take her attention off of the one man in all of Kymlun she knew she couldn’t have.

Offline Profile