Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 16:08

PostPosted: Jun 8th, '10, 09:53 
Level 6 Player Character

Day 235:

The war is like a see saw, you know. One moment it is going up, and therefore, in your favour, the next, an absolute shambles! Legions, Rabians, and now hells creatures!

Yet I am not overly concerned, for Solinar -always- comes out victorious, thanks to the sacrifices of her brave soldiers. It makes me proud, truly, to see them fight! Oh, and how they fight! It is magnificent, yet the sacrifice makes me weep. Just how much more does the city have left to give? I do not know, yet there is always good men and women willing to defend her.

Which. . .brings me to the next topic: That scumbag of a council Chairman, Galdredhan.

If the sacrifice of good people makes me weep, then to see for whom they are dying, and how they are being wasted. . .well, I cannot describe the sadness I feel, nor bring myself to justify their loss.

This man is a monster. He lies, he cheats, he uses -murder- as a political tactic! Oh, and he also practically rules the city, nobody dares challenge him, nobody has the courage to speak out in his presence, for those that do so tend to go missing oh so conveniently. . .

This ends now. I do not care what forces he marshals against me, but I will end his cold, clammy grip on this city, for Domorus wishes me to make her clean once more, not only that! But the sheer principle of allowing Solinar's biggest crime lord to remain in power uncontested, and able to do as he pleases. . .

On a lighter note, it is Elizabeth's birthday tomorrow! Eight years old already! My goodness, how fast they grow up. . .I already have a present for her of course, and I do hope she'll like it, the poor child, but what little girl hasn't wished for her very own pony?

It is hard to care for so many, yet we must try, for my own children, and therefore, their parents, lie dead. I will not let that happen to these delightful little dears.

For Solinar, and her people.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 8th, '10, 14:36 
Level 6 Player Character

Day 236

Galdredhan again! He wants /me/ to announce. . .wait for it. . .a salary cut of one quarter for all Solinar guardsmen! What cheek, does he really think I'll just let him? Those people have families, they'll have to find better jobs. . .if at all possible. . and what's more, there'll be absolute mutiny in the ranks! Nothing hurts a man more then his purse these days, nobody will want to enlist, I must find a way to beat him!

Well, dreadful business aside, Elizabeth really adores that pony! Quite sure I've never seen that sad child smile like that before, the effort certainly wasn't wasted here.

Alessandra, too, seemed to enjoy herself, but well, I worry about her, they may try to use her or the children against me in some way, I shall have to tighten security on the house I think.

Dancer has proved to be a reliable companion through all this, carrying me to and fro, helping Elizabeth with her pony, she is most loyal, but yet, Im hard pressed to find trusted people these days. . .there is Mithrim, the Master Defender, maybe one or two Lotus girls I get along with, but Mithrim represents a nation, and the Lotus girls their order.

But oh, I've just had a sudden brainwave! There's nothing against further training for my guardsmen, I don't think, and I know some very capable warriors who could teach, such as Michael Lyonars, Mithrim again, amongst others, I shall have to look in to this.

Is that all? Yes, I think it is, and as always, Im doing this for

Solinar and her people.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 11th, '10, 16:57 
Level 6 Player Character

Day 257.

Well, it's been a while. . not quite sure were to start myself, what with all the trouble lately, but what I can say is this: Problems have been encountered and overcome, with everyone emerging more or less intact.

Myself? I've been quite busy, there's plenty of things going on as always, and much to my own embarrassment I'm afraid that I very nearly broke down under the stress and pace of the job the other day.

Losing my Solinar Cross, the wars, the Syndicate, everyone's problems. . .it all stacked up and I snapped, but it shan't happen again- people are looking for, and expecting of me, leadership, wisdom and integrity, therefore to lower myself like that oncemore will simply prove to all that I cannot do my own duty.

Moving on, I am quite concerned with the state of affairs downtown, there is widespread lack of even the most basic things Solinar prides herself on providing for her citizens : Food, clean water, adequate housing and proper education. None of these things can be found in downtown Solinar.

Stuff Galredhan and the Senate for the time being, the people there are clearly in need of urgent help and I intend to give it to them, if anything, those conditions create the perfect breeding ground for criminals and their future recruits, and more importantly to me, I can't just sit back and allow this to continue right in front of my eyes.

Protect and serve, it's what we do isn't it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Aug 24th, '10, 19:05 
Level 6 Player Character

Day 354.

War. It's coming alright, and there's not a bloody lot we can do about it, people are going to die by the thousands, I can feel it, but it's not my place to worry about this one, that's the Lady General Sannard's job, and what a fine job she does too.

My own task? I suppose it goes well. Crime is fought, things are coming along downtown. . yet the root issue still remains: The fact we're lead by a damned Palemaster and a bunch've rogues up to their necks in the Syndicate.

Now, more importantly to me. The wife, my dear Alessandra. . .she's. . well.. I hate to admit this, dying. You can see it from a mile off, she stays in bed, and is quite tired most of the time, I can hardly get a smile out of her.

When she walks, it's at a hobble and she often trips and hurts herself, and more disturbing to me is the fact that she's so damned quiet. Not a song, hardly a word or murmur from my dear little bard. They say a Knight should show know fear, yet I've never been more afraid in my life, hell, I've known and loved her for most of it! What am I to do without her?

The simple fact is that I love her, and would do anything. Anything at all, to see her smile and be well again, oh Domorus, if you're reading this then take pity on me! There's nothing I can do, I am powerless, please, help me
!

Offline Profile