Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 21:32

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb 1st, '06, 17:23 
Masters of Fate

"I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you."

Time's past, what was should be forgotten. What will be shall come as I walk a path I cannot see the end of. Various directions, various waygates towards even more directions. This is what life is about, isn't it? Making choices, considering your options and make a choice, over and over again.

"I am a dreamer but when I wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me"

I saw the end, I saw where it could end, where the world might just end. Endless fogged fields, cold, dark and filled with the smell of rotting corpses. There are those who endure these fields everyday, risk their life, for us.

Where do I go from here? What must I do? Riddles in the dark, questions I cannot answer. But I must answer them myself, I will not trouble others with it. I shall find my own answers, my own road, my own gate.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb 5th, '06, 18:11 
Masters of Fate

It was just this very day, that once again, all that I knew about myself proved non-true. Rikkuran showed me the path to what I am. Into the Kahalla desert, down into Dramannon's lair I went, retrieved what belongs in my own hands, as Rikkuran's very grandson.

Where does my allegiance lie? With her, my last family? Or is there more that I do not know. Riddles in the dark, a small blue candle shines in the dark, yet what does it show?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb 8th, '06, 19:17 
Masters of Fate

Why do I do what I do? Hungering for a true friend I can share everything with, hungering for true love that I haven't known for over seven years. Seeking this, I do make my mistakes, but bear with me, I don't know what to do. I love her, yet she won't see me. And my own actions make it worse, but oh, how I wish to be with her, just being with her and talking to her would make up for so much. She knows, probably everyone knows, and what's worse, if I believe those others, she has the same kind of feelings. I wish I was a cleric who knows people and how to deal with this sort of things. Love and life are like a blade and a forge, you cannot have one without the other.

Water runs down a river towards a waterfall. Life runs down the path of time towards a goal. All we wonder is what that goal is, what is our true legacy. Why do we exist.

And now they are all angry with me for the time being, and they are right in being so.
I shouted at Anni, lied to Rayne, behaved like a selfish little boy, and shout at those that try to correct me.. I cannot handle it, I get their so-called advice and criticism all the time, but where is my real friend to talk with, a shoulder I can finally cry on.

I've found my grandmother, but still I am alone in the world..

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mar 6th, '06, 21:40 
Masters of Fate

Here I am again, much more happier, perhaps happier then I have ever been in my life. Everything's going good in these days, I talked with her, she even gave me a hug. God, how I cannot wait for more.
My life's on trail. Finally I've grown my wings, dark, blue, and as Rayne described them, "neat". She's another reason, a real friend I can trust, talk and share things with. We've been talking a lot. Seems like I'm learning to talk with a girl, glad I finally do. And her new boyfriend, Dominic, he's a good guy, troubled, as most of us, but a good friend.

I can't see where it's all going, but for the time being, I'm doing quite fine.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mar 13th, '06, 23:58 
Masters of Fate

So I need to learn patience. Discipline.

To be a man to stand behind, calm and secure. Radiating trust and safety.

Better to think of that then to think of comments about getting a little more weight around the waist to become the most handsome guy in Solinar... Like I am aiming for that?

But I don't care, as long as she's there. I just don't want to be alone.

But the beauty of the place she took me, a calm and peacefull sanctuary in the middle of the woods. Perhaps I should search for such a place to live.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mar 22nd, '06, 09:50 
Masters of Fate

"Step by step I walk down the road towards her, the closer I get, the warmer it feels. But on that road are many obstacles, things that happen that bring a cold breeze in those warm feelings. Maybe I cannot help it, maybe it's not my fault, but the pain."

My home is nearly finished, a nice quiet place, a cave not far from Solinar, with everything in it I need. Forge, a hot natural spring to keep it warm and bathe, training material.

We'll see and wait again what the future holds.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mar 22nd, '06, 16:54 
Twilight Council

The blonde girl stood by the fire looking down at him with concern in her eyes, standing only a head taller than him even with him sitting down. Her well toned body tense from that day's training and aching with bruises from her mentor and idol, her platinum hair and short , soft black skirt blown in the wind of the inner plains.
"..and I still couldn't save that child." - He finished the story with silent tears rolling down his scaled cheeks and she felt she could finally understand why the half-dragon is the way he is. He stood up and hugged her
"I'd ask you to stay but I know you won't.." - he walked towards the entrance of his new home, entering the darkness of the cave and settling down by the wall on the stone floor of the cave.
She took a glance at the eastern moon before entering the cave and sitting down at a remotely wind-shaded spot of the lair.
"Good night" - she said and fell asleep almost instantly.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mar 23rd, '06, 10:10 
Masters of Fate

Standing out on the shores, watching over the deep sea, in the hope of catching even the slightest glimpse of a ghost pirates ship, the half-dragon was mostly lost in thoughts as the earth around him started to shake. A Gate errupted out of the ground, fire springing in all directions as a winged women, in barely any clothings, with dark wings and spiked horns on her head stepped out, followed quickly by what seems like an army of fiends. Quickly making up his mind, Nathan drew his blade and slayed most of the fiends, leaving the girl alive, and a few of the fiends to be taken by a Kallahan warrior. But even before he was properly answered as to whom she was, more devils came, and the half-dragon was fighting a fierce fight against five Balors at the time, while this devilish women stood and watched him. When she finally started to aid, petrifying two of the Balors, one of the devils managed to cut through Nathan's defence and unleash the devastating power of it's Vorpal blade on our young friend. Being blown up from inside has no defense, and in what seemed hours, Nathan finally walked again as the women, now letting herself be called "Batsy" and demanding to speak to Anni, used one of the known rods to Ressurect him.

With Drak'ur's arrival, Pelgrin's usual hot-headed attitude, Nathan slowly relaxed after the crushing strike from the Vorpal blade, and decided it was best to make sure that "Batsy" wouldn't cast trouble in the city of Solinar. Drak'ur might call it babysitting, Nathan knew he'd best protect the inhabitants of Solinar from this "thing".

Too be where you are least expected is a good place to hide, so the internal gardens of the Solinarian Castle we're now crowded, untill Drak'ur left. Seconds passed after she did, or the "thing" already tried to seduce the half-dragon, who couldn't be interested less, but decided to play the game and see what this "thing" was like.

Untill the moment where she bend forward to get into "facial" contact, Nathan played the game, but when she bend over to do, what exactly, Nathan dropped himself back from the bench, taking readying himself to draw his blade and kill this thing if it went too far. Obviously she was dissapointed, but she left him, and he let go of his blade with a sigh, probably liking devils even less now as he returned outside and flew to his new home to wait for the blonde girl, that doesn't leave his thoughts, with a smile.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr 2nd, '06, 14:01 
Masters of Fate

Since a day or what, rumours go around that our young friend has had some troubles with the infamous Thanoroth, Leader of the Black Tribe. Our young friend was spotted in Solinar, with heavy damage to his wings and chest, and heard speaking of Thanoroth causing the damage. Little details are known, yet you know commoners, this is worthy a nice rumour and story, made up of course by some bard.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr 24th, '06, 18:32 
Masters of Fate

New Ingame Biography:

You see a tall, wide shouldered young man, his face covered by blue scales to his lower cheeks, dark blue hair and fierce bright blue eyes. Dark draconic wings sprout out from his back. With his 6'9" he towers out in most crowds, if his wings do not bring him enough attention already. Around his waist is a dark leather belt, intricated with gold and blue, supporting various small bags as well as a golden scabbard, the size of a fairly painfull sword. The scabbard is from gold, shining, rich, with three sapphires inlaid accros the whole bedding. The hilt of the sword that's hanging in it is covered with the finest leather, strong diamondsteel underneath and looks like it was made to carry a sword of decent weight. The young man's stride is gracefull, full of pride, but a pride he has worked for, not arrogance, just self-confidence. His handsome features, supported by a body that seems to exist of all mussles on first look, makes him a pleasent person to look at, more then simply handsome.

His usual outfit consists of the finest and probably some expensive fabric, rich black and blue, covered and entitled with small bricks of gold. His hands are gloved by what looks like a plain pair of leather gloves, but on closer examination, they are rough, yet tough, loosened at the start of every finger, with iron wires walking through the leather for protection. The gloves of a blacksmith for sure.
His feet are protected by a pair of boots, intricate golden caps on the shin and upper foot, shining as gold does, yet nothing special. Underneath the gold is a pair of Silvery Striders, famous boots acros the realm and often sought after, these boots are famous for their magical enchantments and dire protection to their wearer.

The young man himself looks happy, untouched on the outside as he is, his inner is a raging fire however, but only his closest friends know of his struggles, or rather, what's really inside. He's a solitary person, can come out of the wrong corner unintented at the wrong times, sounding like a total prick, when he means the best, sounding soft when he means to be hard.

// OOC

Name: Nathan Geran
Weight: Unknown
Deity: Seleen
Profession: Enchanting Forge Master
Family: Blue Rikkuran Diamondsoul (grandmother)
Girlfriend: Cassie Meynolt, the well-known Lotus Girl and Order Master of the Zheradan Order, disciple of Anni Redriner.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, '06, 19:06 
Masters of Fate

Happy days, spend with friends, working and having fun mostly.

It's been that for a few weeks, yet, this week was once again filled with missery.
Shortly ago, Ashley came into my path, being a descendant of a dragon as well, I decided to give her a chance at learning her own heritage. She was eager, and, after a wrong start, she proved to be a nice girl.

Going back a few days, the last time I visited Maun T'har, won't go close there ever again unless I have very good reason, I went down to the lair below the tower, only to find Anni close in to warn us. I deserved the nutter I got there, for bringing others there, risking their lifes, or as Anni said, ignoring to read the "Don't feed the Curse" sign. Facing that mass of Renders, for love's sake, not again. But we made it out, I apoligised and learned once again. Anni's.. simply Anni.

Yet where I at least managed to keep my friends alive, Pelgrin managed to feed Ashley to the curse. What that godless fool did out there, except for searching his own death, which would certainly suit well, I can only start to imagine, but taking a mere child like Ashley there.. I thought he was smarter then that.

But as said as it is, I know I've much to learn, so once again, I spread my wings and flew North, Daranul's a good learning place, when you've got the patience to listen. On the plains around the city I found Josh, fighting the undead on his own, and joined him, encountering and defeating dracoliches and worse, saved by Anni once again when a lightning fast blueish creature had us in a tight situation, I saw that I was far, and then I mean very far from being ready to face the real North.

Back home, yes, it's truly become home, with Cassie around, frieds nearby to have a good time with. Too bad there's always something bad coming, I can feel it in the air.. something's dawning upon the world.. something bad.

Trust in Seleen, someday I'll learn to do so, oneday I'll trust.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 10th, '06, 13:38 
Masters of Fate

The sun had reached it's zenith, and waves of heat emanated from the sandwaves below. Sudden gusts of wind twirled small sandclouds into the air, and Nathan had to squint his eyes shut when they hit him with the whole ferocity of the Kallaha. He knew he was off course, the winds had forced him too far to the east, and he knew he would have to double back once the wind settled. He had been aiming for the Sandstorm Port, or B'ahal Bäe among the locals, but the constant gusts of wind that kept hitting him had forced him off the route and into a harsh, wild part of the desert. Nate almost felt as if he was driven by the winds to a deliberate point, as if the desert, or some other sentient power steered him onwards.
The latest cloud of sand suddenly cleared and Nate gazed down onto a bleak part of the desert, where jagged stones protruded from the sands like jagged blades. In the center of the stones, he spotted a large flock of scavangers, mostly desertcrows but also the canny desertfoxes that dug holes in the dunes. They were having a feast on some poor creature, and Nathan's interest was triggered. He slowly descended among them, and when his mighty shadow entered the flock, they scattered in wild panic, exposing a human body, or what was left of it.
Nathan expertly landed, folding his huge wings on his back in order to regain his ground balance, then crouched down to examine the corpse. The man, Nathan was almost certain it had been a man, lay on his belly, face buried in the sand. What appeared to be expensive silken robes covered him from head to feet, but the corpse lacked the common sandals and the belt, someone had looted him after he'd been murdered. Nathan didn't for a second doubt that the man had in fact been murdered, since four blackshafted arrows protruded from the back the back of the corpse in harsh evidence. The silken robes had been torn to pieces by the scavengers, and large chunks of flesh had been ripped from the body, exposing ribs and bones. Nathan didn't flinch though, he had seen this and worse before. He bit back a curse, and turned the corpse over in order to examine it more closely. He felt compelled to at least do that much for the poor victim. A stream of curses that would have made a sailor blush came from Nathan's mouth as he saw the withered, leathery face of Graven Warwick, the gem-merchant and the father of Karen, Lomin's girlfriend. He had heard her worried talk with Lomin about her father, and now he knew the reason of her father's absence.
"For the Love of it!" Nathan growled savagely as he let the man settle back down in the sand. He squatted down on his hunches and started to think it through. 'If this was regular waylayers work, the body wouldn't be lying in this remote spot, leagues from the nearest road, no, this must have been deliberate, planned.' He also managed to think that it was strange that the perpetrators hadn't buried the victim, with all the sand and rocks around.
Nathan didn't get any further before his enhanced senses recognised distant sounds of hushed voices coming closer. Nathan reacted on instincts, throwing himself back in cover of one of the rocks that rose close by. In the cover of the rock, Nathan carefully scanned the area and soon he spotted large black-cowled creatures came into view from among the rocks. They numbered close to ten he judged quickly, and one in the lead scolded the ones behind him with a savage, guttural voice.
" Imbecils! I didn't say slay the betrayer and leave him here, did I? I said you were supposed to get rid of him, and he's not rid of, is he?" None of the figures behind the first made any replies to that, they just kept walking closer until they all stood in a ring around the dead man. The leader removed his hood, exposing the weathered face of a native desertdweller, but as the rest followed suit, Nathan's hackles rose. The rest of the party exposed lifeless, grayish skin, some fast in decay, and their eyes all shone with a dull redish light. Undead! Nathan's fists clenched into balls, his nails digging deep into his palms, and he could feel blood trickling down his fingers. Nathan judged the time for waiting was over, and knew he couldn't wait to let them perform whatever ritual they were planning to commense any further, and he slowly rose. His right hand found the pommel of his sword, and with a careful pull, he drew it out from the scabbard that was strapped on his back, between the wings. As if aided by an unseen force, a new sudden gust of winds rushed in from beyond the rocks, masking the sound of steel against steel. He thought this would be a close thing, and he knew he would have to go for the leader first. With luck, he was controlling the rest by magic. If he did, then they would either return to the realm beyond from wence they had been pulled, or at least become chaotic and maybe turn on one another.
With a bellow, Nathan threw himself into their midst, giving two mighty yanks with his powerful wings to gain momentum. He struck the leader like a juggernaut, propelling the man more than forty yards backwards, and he hit one of the huge rocks with a dull thud, then sunk to the sand below. Nathan didn't stop to watch that though, he was busy fencing with the undead, who frigtheningly fast had produced wicked-looking blades from within their black robes, attacking as if one. The sound of steel against steel was the only sound that broke the peace and quiet of the desert, no grunts, no screams of pain or anger. Not even Nathan let his emotions run the events, his self-control and discipline was astounding.
Nathan blocked a savage thrust from one of the undead, and riposted with a heart-piercing thrust that went straight through, severing the spine on it's way through the back. The undead sagged to the ground, and Nathan's sword was yanked from his sweaty hands. A rock-shattering blow then landed on Nathan's back, and he flew forward, straight into the arms of another of his enemies. The blow had shattered some ribs, but Nathan had no time to even flinch from the pain, as two of the undead threw themselves at him from behind. Nathan was wrestling three of the undead, and managed to get a grip on the jaw of the one he had hit from the blow that threw him forward. He yanked, using his draconic might, and the decayed flesh couldn't withstand it, the whole head came off in a cascade of decayed fluids that sprayed Nathan's face and chest. When next Nathan felt rotten teeth sink into his neck from behind, he lost his expertly held control, loosing himself to the draconic wrath. With a gargantuan yank, he threw the biter into a nearby rock, and then he turned on the rest. A thundering bellow escaped his lungs as he ran straight into the remaining undead, whirling his arms like schythe. His flurry of blows hammered the undead into butchered meat, he was unstoppable, he was pure wrath, and he spread mayhem among his enemies.
Suddenly it was over, nothing stirred, and Nate crouched down panting. His conscious slowly returned, and with it the pain. He could feel himself to be in a bad shape, and he saw that he bled from both bites as well as cuts, from ankle to pate, a bloody mess. He sighed and flinched from the pain that that caused, a broken rib must have pierced a lung. 'amnit, this had not gone as planned!' He thought, and then he suddenly felt the building of arcane power close by. Nate quickly looked up, with another flinch of pain and immediately spotted the leader, standing by the rock Nathan had thrown him into, smiling. Nathan's hand unconsciously grasped the hilt of his sword, which had somehow found it's way back into his hands, and he managed to grin back at the mage.
" It must be hard, knowing that all the effort and the pain has been for naught! I won't be quick, dragonling, oh no! I like to take things slowly, hee, hee, hee!" The mage had begun a weave Nate didn't recognize, but he could feel it was malign, and he quickly raised a magical shield around himself. The enemy mage barked a harsh laugh, then spoke again as his hands continued to make the intricate weave he was spinning. " The Witch is ours, nothing you and your likes will do can change that, her soul will be ours, there is no sanctuary! " The mage unleashed sickly waves of chaotic power towards Nate, who threw up his last defense, his divine warhammer, imbued with the powers to withstand the curse, and holy flames erupted around it as the wicked waves hit it. A battle within the battle raged around the warhammer for a few minutes, and Nathan felt himself being driven back into the sand by the powers that raged in front of him. With a loud weese, the powers dimmed out, and Nathan found himself looking at an astonished mage. "It cannot be!" he studdered, while Nathan slowly rose, discarding the hammer in favour of his sword. "Yes it can, foul mage!" Nathan said, then took two fast strides and expertly decapitated the mage with a backhand slash.
A few hours later, a mighty figure could be seen flying north, a small bundle in his arms. In the rocky patch of the desert, from where the figure had just taken off, a small brimstone had been erected in memory of Graven Warwick. The text that had been carved into the flat stone read 'Here lies a man that found the light at the end. May he rest in peace in the halls of the Fallen'.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, '06, 01:28 
Masters of Fate

Normal.. how do we define, normal.
Well it's not this.. it's far from this...

Deep into his lair, at the back near a small altar, the young half-dragon sank down on his knees, tears rolling down his cheeks. Shouting, cursing, nothing helped to lessen the feeling of being lost.

The last thing, he considered normal in his life, was lost, forever. And it seems only he saw it that way.

"I can't take for granted what I can't take for acceptable!.. You hear me!.. You ask for trust, but all you give me is pain and despair!"

Dropping down onto the floor, scrumbled like a child in it's mothers arms, he lay, crying.

"I hate you!.. You bring nothing but Pain! And then ask me to trust and have faith! I CANNOT!"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: To Embrace Life
PostPosted: May 28th, '06, 15:46 
Masters of Fate

"They come when you're weak, you have to be ready to face them", a wise man once told me, and I should have known he was right.
Despair, fear and the need of silence took me to the Kallaha Desert, on top of an ancient ruin I sat down to think, and nearly died of studity, deep in thoughts, ignoring thirst and any other feeling. But miracles exist, and I was saved by the last person I'd expect it to, Miani. Her life is her own, but I think she's empty inside, she'll need friends that care. It seemed like moments later when I was back alone, doubting what to do, scared of what happened to her, that I heard a voice in my head, a cackling laughter of a female. Insticts are born soon enough, but the spells did not keep me from what had to happen. Torn through what seemed a hole in reality, I was send to a dark place, crawling with undead. A banshee, symbol of female vengeance being able to drive some to the Betrayer, had some tempting words. Peace, respect, a high place, but as soon as a single thought drifted to my mind, I reminded Seleen's words, "When will you learn to trust?". I refused to the bitter end of fighting wave after wave of malicious undead, all set out to kill, and turn me. But She was with me, and with her, I stood through. But to everything comes an end and I grew exhausted, hours and hours of battle took their pay. Yet, it was not the weaker once that ended it, it we're the Wraith Souls. I saw one, only one, before, and only once, and it took Josh quite some effort, and without Anni, I doubt we'd have stood through. But here I was, facing waves of undead, and two Wraith Souls. Sinking down on my knees, in prayer to Seleen, shouting out that my heart lied with those I love, that I was with my family, my love and with Seleen, not with the undead.

To know resistance is futile, a fight that cannot be won, I lowered my weapons, and took up the greatest of all weapons, that of faith, Seleen's Holy Symbol.
Hissing, the undead waves charged, and I sat, holding hat symbol, praying, untill I was torn apart.

When I woke, I felt warm, filled, as if connected, far from alone.

Now I'll return, to say what I should have said right away. It was ment to be, Love, as I realise now more then ever, conquers all.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Below the moon
PostPosted: Jun 26th, '06, 22:35 
Masters of Fate

Darkness crawled over the land, the moon hiding between the clouds somewhere in that far sky, and a chill breeze crossed the plains. Shuffling out from the girl's grip, Nathan slipt into his jeans silently, tiptoeing outside, staring at the clouded sky.
She was out there, somewhere. Things to do, many things to do. But the plan has started, someday, everyone would be free, like him. Pondering on his own thoughts, the sky cleared above him and the ful moon showed itself in all it's glory.

Deep down below, a howl came from the deepest earth, crumbling through stone, rising.

With the ground sinking beneath his feet, sinking into the ground, the sight of that full moon did not leave his mind, sucked down by a strong air stream, Nathan managed to snatch his sword from the survace, before he was pulled into a deep hole, darkness surrounding him, not even his eyes giving any sight now.

A long fall, a deep resonating howl and ground rose beneath his feet. Spreading the dark blue wings, filling the area for a moment with a reflection of the moon's light, he saw a true nightmare. Landing unarmored, with only a sword, between a mass of Beholders and worse, only a miracle could save him now.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next