Post subject: Rithyrn Dedraleaf
PostPosted: Apr 7th, '05, 10:51 
Level 15 Player Character

The Biography of Rithyrn Dedraleaf

Actual Statistics -
Name - Rithyrn Dedraleaf

Family -
Father - Lateralus Dedraleaf,
Mother - Ralian'tia Imytholen, (Deceased)
Sister - Elvalia Imytholen. (Deceased)

Race - Moon Elf/Red Dragon

Age – 241

Alignment - Neutral Good

Deity - (unknown)

Occupation – Sorceress & Mistress of Magic

Appearance -
The first thing you notice about her is her dark red draconic looking wings. As they move idly when you see her, you just begin to imagine what sort of creature this woman is. Adorned in red, this woman has a thing for red, it seems. Her natural silky dark red hair, strange for a Red, is tied up behind her head. Your eyes wander down her figure, and it seems naturally attractive. Her curves smooth and delicate, and the clothing seems to be fit very nicely. If it wasn't for her wings, she would be very beautiful. Noticing her hands, you view that her fingernails are slightly sharpened. Not by her doing, however, but natural growth, due to her Draconic blood, you wonder.
The clothing she wears indicates that she is a mage of some sort. The fine cloth swaying in the wind and no obvious weaponry showing, indicates that she is no armour-wearing, sword bearing warmonger.

History –
(Too long to go into it for today.)

Personality and behaviour -
Rithyrn Dedraleaf is a strange woman when it comes to personality. She can be moody at times, and reasons behind this exist. Due to her obvious draconic blood, she can take on the behaviour of her winged cousin. If something constantly irritates her, she may act out of her usual mood and deal to it. She has the observant eye of the finest mage, but her curiosity sometimes leads her into trouble. A proud demeanour, if anyone verbally attempts to abuse or mock anything to do with her, she is in their faces, arguing with them, putting energy into her own words. An ongoing but very strange and distant relationship with Nazgrel, a mysterious man whom she finds quite interesting is part of her busy life.

Miscellaneous -
A Dedra is a rare plant found only existing in the elven forests of Eltheythar, Rith's current enclave. The plant is similar to a fern, but it has a dark red colour to it, and can grow larger than a small bushfern. It begins to glow a deep red tinge as its proximity of magic becomes closer. As it is touched by a user of magic, its red leaves burst into flame, outlasting unpredictable magefire and mundane campfires. The flame leaves no smoke and yet its temperature is able to be altered by the arcane user who touched it.

Theme Song -
"Shrouding all the ground around me
Is this holy crow above me?
Black as holes within a memory
And blue as our new second sun
I stick my hand into the shadow
To pull the pieces from the sand
Try to attempt to reassemble
To see who I just might have been
I do not recognize the vessel
But the eyes seem so familiar
Like phosphorescent desert buttons
Singing one familiar song..."

Tool - Third Eye [live] - Salival
-Theme for 'The Darkening of the Sun'

With rocks, and stones, and trees."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '05, 14:48 

[Logbook :: The last discovery]

Page 63:
I write to add another 'chapter' it seems, but I find myself incomplete, even though my research is near at end.

I arrived in this realm, and into the city of Solinar, to what my father would expect me to do. I found Rasham Smith, healthy, but his mind was indeed what Alizlia told me. Frail. Open to suggestion. She did inform me quite well that Ænima had sent her childe, and would perform reasonably well in sending him to training. It was then that I was hopeful he would turn out to use his gifts for our purpose. Nevertheless, it went well for awhile. I don't trust vampires, and I never will, but still, she told me that Ænima is loyal.

Anyhow, after hearing news that Rasham was sent to do various tasks to improve his mind. I had been given some free time to myself. I spent the next few months delving into the library on most occasions, visiting the tavern, wandering the lands. It seems this realm I have visited is full of strife, somewhere personally I would not want to live. It seems that the undead have constructed a bastion of evil in the lands, and yet Solinar or the local gods, like Domorus, do nothing. What am I to judge such beings anyhow. I must look out for my own. And lookout for myself in this place. A Red Dragon leader by the name of Drammanon had a go at me before. Petty hatred. I continued to understand the land's culture.

Through an already set out pentagram in some ogre cave near the hills in Solinar, I have communicated back home, and learned that the Council of Spellweavers in Eltheythar have reinforced their ideals upon the throne. Neither good or bad news, it just means things are going to be changed. I thought at the time that I will, no doubt, be required back home for a good length of time. Time wasn't my greatest ally after I learned this, and went to collect a series of books and tomes I'm sure Solinar wont miss too much. Note to self: Check that Eltheythar has 'Sources of Magic' by Kaltharlan Dezzal, versions 1 and 2. I have 3.

After staying at the Inn for awhile, a strange winged man crashed through the roof! It seems a band of men were after him, though I vaguely recall their allegience. Anyhow, after judging that this man was good, I helped him escape his attackers. We talked briefly and I caught his name, Gabriel. Over the next few months after that, we became more friendly and I learned more about him. It seems he has suffered greatly in his time. At one stage he was angry at the people and the future of the place, but I did not press the issue. I was beginning to like him. He looks kind of cute. Hehe.... Anyway, recently I saw his home and the surroundings. Very cold, but it suits him. He must love it, and it was nice to see that he helps out by doing chores and stuff for the locals, and in return they let him sleep in the barn. The barn is warm and cosy, but obviously not the luxury of a estate. Nevertheless, I enjoyed his company. It's a pity I will have to say goodbye to him soon, he was basically the only real friend I had in the city. Oh, all the good times we shared.

After learning about the recently invading Orcs, it concerns me that this army could practically destroy everything, and murder it's inhabitants. Supposedly these Orcs are hybrids or something, much larger with strength of ten men, Annika, a monk, tells me. However, I havn't fought in a battle since my stay at Bloodmoon, and I don't intend to join another. It is not my business. I know there are lives on the line, but there are always lives on the line. I can't save everyone. Gabriel has taken a similar stance, though I know little of his reasoning. . . . . . God, log, it seems I think about him very often, but I can't get involved, I'm about to leave after my research is finished... Transcendence, Abominations, Rites and Rituals, Rare Plagues are all collected for. Still need Sources of Magic and Channelling, which I'm almost done.

If I remember any more important details I will write again. Kich'ravell grant me sanctuary. Veelatos.

[End Log]

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Jul 21st, '05, 04:35 

[Logbook :: Departure]

Page 65:
I am currently waiting for the power of my amulet to re-activate. It will take a few hours at least, and eventually will take me back home. At last, it seems, that I write about leaving Solinar. After a few mean looks from my last communication to the lady, because of my delay, my departure is timely. All tomes are accounted for. So dusty they are that I'm sure they havn't even opened for decades in the depths of Solinar Library. They wont miss them, and besides, I've almost finished my collection, so I am pleased.

However, I have experienced and taken feelings that I never did intend. It is my fault I feel this way, yet I am compelled to follow through with it. It is, however, impossible. Gabriel has been floating around in my mind ever since he gave me a gift of a beautiful red dress. I will cherish it, recalling the memories we shared as I sit... at home... I sigh at the thought. It makes me recall a particular poem a bard was singing at the Sunrise Inn, and I remember it well.

"When you're taught through feelings...

It's just another day
the shame is gone
it's hard to believe
that I've let it go away

It's just a melody
it bleeds in me
hard to believe
that I've let it go

When you're taught through feelings..."

It has a particular meaning, of that it seems to apply to how I feel. I can't tell him. I must go on. As he said... 'We have our own paths we must take.'

If life will pass me by, then so be it.

[End log]

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Jul 26th, '05, 04:09 

"Come Tierath, we go."

The familiar perches on the woman's shoulder. Her silky red hair is out of it's usual place, flowing over her shoulders. Dark draconic red wings protrude and rest folded on her back, while her obvious hazel eyes emit a dizzying red colour, focused upon the hovering amulet before her.
The amulet makes a low humming noise, like the sound of monks chanting a mantra. It glows a deep blue, and in an instant, Rithyrn, her familiar, and the amulet dissapear.
All that remains is the stirred up dust floating in the cave.
What occurs after this is what is mysterious; the clouds gather above the cave, and the rumble of thunder is heard and felt. A great red beast, claws extended, sharpened to a tip with huge barbed wings plummets through the skies, straight down, and at the last minute, before it strikes the ground, it also fades.
Something follows.

Something not from this realm.

[Character Closed]

Offline Profile