All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 13:11

Post subject: Narniel Glaurd'Har
PostPosted: Nov 30th, '04, 04:12 
Twilight Council

((Written by GLoRToR))

Full name: Princess Narniel Liannasil Shillandlainne Glaurd'Har
Height: 5'2"
Build: Slightly muscular with remarkably feminine features.
Other: There are two scars over her shoulder blades.

An apparently elven looking female with ears that are much bigger than that of an elf which often twitch and turn, perking up when listening or shifting nervously when angry. She also has delicate, soft, dark grey skin playing in different shades of dark blue and purple. Her crimson and slightly waved silky hair is always well combed and carries several plaits, ribbons, and medals which make her origins as a noble even more obvious.
Her deep cyanide blue eyes glare at strangers with a cunning mistrust and contradictional curiousity, measuring the sorroundings swiftly as a hawk. The nearly constant roguish smile on her lips often reveals her snow white teeth and slight fangs that may remind one with more experience of that of a dragon. She is obviously a carnivore, in more than one meaning of the word.

Her movements are gentle, regardless whether she lifts a cup to drink, nocks and arrow for a lethal shot, or walks while drawing the attention of every man, bathing in the crossfire of the eyes of desire.
She is always dressed for the occasion; and the occasion is always a performance of regal grace combined with the stalking of a hunter, and always the passivity of well planned, momentary seduction.

Apparently she wears every piece of cloth not to hide but to be able to reveal, not to cover but to show her grace. She's after trouble that you somehow know she would soon find. She obviously already feels your stare upon her, and apparently enjoys it.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Personality and background
------------------------------------------------------------------

Part one: Childhood (Chaotic Neutral)

Narniel was born into the royal Glaurd'Har family, which rules the ancient kingdom of Bal'Tharen Beran, as the first daughter and second child to the ancient fey, archmage Shandalan Glaurd'Har, and his late wife, the sorceress Lisendiel'Lien Shillandlainne
The fact of being born royal only troubled her until the point where the demand of behaving properly somehow ceased. It was either her persistence in refusing to stop causing constant trouble (such as soaping the already slippery stepping stones of the Throne Elevation and the corridors of the palace), or the fact that her uncle’s constant protection for her made any scolding either impossible or utterly futile.

On that note, she considers her uncle to be more of a father for her than her own father who was always being busy with experiments, politics, and scientific or explorational excursions.

Despite the constant lack of discipline and soon the lack of actual scolding, and perhaps thankfully to her rigorous personal training, she soon manifested her talents at fighting and performing, especially dancing, singing and playing the piano. Her constant attempts at causing more and more trouble for the surrounding people, especially her big brother, Shanlung, often yielded in a good brotherly beating that made her want to train even harder. She started to feed on meat - which was only allowed for the half-dragons and their disciples among her people.
Her relationship to Shanlung is a mix of rivalry and sibling love, the latter however, took some time to develop.
The birth of the third child and second daughter, Nilliel filled her with hope for a partner in crime, but the silent and introvert little sister was never a good companion for salting cookies and blowing kegs of gunpowder in the garden.
Another child's birth made the parents happy and Narniel even more lonesome, with her uncle on duty and the rest of the family giving up on minding the black sheep and her lacking manners.
The fourth child and second son, Rathaniel has proven to be but another "brother to beat up" and the constant squabbles among the siblings increased to near intolerable for Shandalan.
He decided to send Shanlung to the Monastery to train as a monk, Rathaniel to Solinar for combat training, and left the two daughters for themselves as Nilliel spent most of her time among books and thus Narniel could return to her training, and daily trouble causing.

Part Two: Pleasure and Pain (True Neutral)

Growing up without a care in the world can tax a child's soul when it comes to the brink of adulthood and faces the true matters of life.
The rise of the Clan, a revolutionary organisation opposing the Old Order and the Council, led the kingdom to a civil war. Describing the list of events and reasons would be futile, for it is the outcome that radically affected Narniel's (and every other Ghazakiin's) life.
Through decades of war, the Shadewalkers have lost the favour of their deity who left them -saying until they come to their senses he wouldn't bother - and with that, their immortality. One night, when Shandalan and Glortor were planning to convince the leader of the Clan to live in peace, the archmage recieved an offer from a mysterious hooded man, speaking of ultimate power. He refused, and that night he had a dream of the child yet to be born, with his wife being in several months of pregnancy. The dream spoke of a miracle and a task he must take. The next dusk, brothers, wife and children set out to talk to their counterparts. Reaching the green metal keep of the Clan, word after word, Lisendiel'Lien was slain, and the small commitment scattered. Narniel witnessed the several arrows shot through her mother, and all she wished for was vengeance. She witnessed her father talking to the hooded man from last night and turning into a monster, something terrible, slaughtering the enemy with mere words, spilling blood and the horrors of demolition of the living. She picked up her mother's corpse, and she ran. She had to run. Run, never stop, never turn back.
And then she stopped, placing the lifeless body and the child obviously shot through within her stomach. She instinctively put her mother's arms around herself, and falling into a deep slumber, all she wished was to wake up and all this to be a dream.
Awakening to the cry of a baby, and her mother's remains being gone, all she could think of was being thankful to whoever saved her little sister, glowing with purple embrace, whom she cradled in her arms. She ran back to the palace with the child and found it in ruins, with her grandparents and the rest of the family mourning their losses and pondering the future.
Seeing her baby sister in her arms the family ran up to her, asking her all the questions. She replied in a low voice:
"I am truly sorry for the troubles I have caused. The family is more important than anything else. My little sister.. like a mirage.. is well and alive, it is a miracle."
And hence they named the Miracle of mirage, Shaylandiannae, who is ever since closest to Narniel's heart.

Part three - The last straw (Neutral Evil)

The war ended, the dust settled. The family returned to living a somewhat normal life.
Shaylan grew up knowing her father was gone and mother was dead, clinging onto Narniel's love and attention, Haniel's wisdom - who apparently returned to witness the end of the war - and the trust in her father being a hero.
Narniel, for the very first time in her life, sought happiness and the true purpose of an endlessly long life. She started to go out, meet people, perform at the inns, and became a well known and liked visitor at most events all across the continent. She sprouted her huge, gossamer blue wings which she could wrap herself almost entirely and was able to fly hours long with them; she became a living legend. Her fairness and kindness was well known and noted all around.
The return of her father, cleansed by her uncle made her endlessly happy, with the feeling of a whole family again.
And she met Toman Zyrustafarelle, a brave half-elven warrior, battling the orcish hordes invading the Crossroads. Their companionship over the years soon grew into a friendship and then the truest of all love one may imagine. Narniel's life was taking a pleasant turn and all she wished for, was for it to last forever.
Toman recieved a magnificent sword named the Black Dawn Reaver which was forged by Narniel's grandfather, king T'Haren the first, from the remains of the Black Blade of Disaster summoned by Shandalan.
The blade, however, possessed Toman and soon led him against all living. Defeating him and the sword cost him his life, and with that, Narniel forever lost her faith in love, and above all, the care for all mortal creatures. She tore her wings off by her bare hands and demanded the blue dragon, Phelan, to unmake her, to make her forget all about her draconic heritage, and the times of happiness.
Soon after the spell was done, she disappeared, returning decades later with a bow in her hand, demonstrating her magnificent new talents by staking three fireflies against the wall with three arrows shot at the same time.

Part four - The past few years

"So why the bloody dagger do we need THAT in here? You didn't let Shaylan keep the dog in her room, what's with your new pet, father?" She said leaning against the wall munching on a piece of steak between two slices of bread, pointing at the red haired human girl in Rathaniel's arms, dead tired and blinking at her with eyes that could kill.
"She is a friend, Narniel" Glortor replied placing a hand on her shoulder.
"Yeah right" She replied picking his hand's skin between her fingers, moving it away to the side, and letting go of it to let it fall down as if it were some rags. "I hope it won't make the carpet all dirty or something." She said, and left towards the garden.

The next few weeks they spent avoiding each other, occasionally making random comments at one another. Rathaniel even managed to get a good beating out of mentioning how similar they are with the red hair and the attitude.

Half a year has passed since the human girl's arrival.
Shandalan and Glortor left to another land seeking something. She didn't really care what, for at least she could finally store the powderkegs in her room and bring her not-so-occasional one-night-lovers in as well.
One night, Narniel brought three barbarians, double her size. It was only her and the human girl in the house; and they didn't want to leave. She was cornered and her weapons were far away; it looked rather bad. Until, all of a sudden, one of the huge men made an interesting face, grabbed his pants with both hands, and tumbled to the floor gasping for air. The little human girl was standing there rubbing her left knee. "Darnit I hate padded armor.." she muttered.
"Hey, that's fun!" Chuckled Narniel and tried the method over and over on the other one, going on even when the man long passed out in pain. The previous warrior recieved the same punishment from the human girl and, unluckily for him, did not pass out so soon. The third one decided to leave the horrible sounds of shattered organs, yelling for help.
"What's your name?"
"Anni."
"Nah your name is little sister. Let's go get a drink. Hey, that dress is fun. Could be a little shorter." She put an arm around Anni's shoulder, leading the human girl into her room for the first time, giving her some of the "hidden wine" which was not so hidden in the middle of the room.
"Yew gots style" said Anni grinning.
"You don't say. Hey don't drink all of... bugger that. I'll get another. What's with you, can't you get drunk?"
"Nopes. So, get me more or somethin'. " They just kept drinking and drinking, Anni speaking of her past, Narniel listening, and both of them heading towards a life long friendship

Title OSST - Official Server Sneaky Thing - Granted by Official Server Grouch
Title Grammar Police - Granted by community.
Title Pollcat - Granted by community.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 1st, '04, 10:15 
Twilight Council

Another well written and interesting biography. However I do not understand why some of the characters in the realm have to be described as so insanely beautiful. To be honest, blue and purple skin and big ears just isn't my thing. This character would, given that I was used to seeing all kinds of strange D&D creatures around, probably not even make me turn my head to get a better view. Beauty is far from a universal term with a single definition.

No offence, and no criticising the character as I've seen you play it very well. I am just saying that you should, while your character is yours, beware of describing it from a personal point of view and rather try to be completely objective about it, thus letting other players decide if your character's features are beautiful to their own or not.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 1st, '04, 14:39 
I agree with goth that, beauty depends on the eyes that see it, personally I dislike that I am forced to play my char as if he like the look of another char. I am a person who go to tons of parties and I see tons of really good looking girls but I don't find it that attractiv since I weight inner beauty far more. So maybe even if a female char is really "hot" a male char who think that wont feel like he has to stare at her, since he weight some other values higher. Of course im not trying to draw line with this char, since most people play good looking char, though I'll give a bit credit to LW for Jeslin and FF for Tix :D hehe you got ugly females.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 1st, '04, 15:25 
Maybe it should be a match with charisma dunno how to make it really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 1st, '04, 18:50 
Twilight Council

In most novels faerie and elven people are beautiful. I follow this tradition with the shades, as they are faerie people as well.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 1st, '04, 18:57 
Twilight Council

This doesn't grant the actual character power over yours , unless their ability and skill scores determine an actual roll to beat yours.

Offline Profile