Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 07:56

Post subject: Devilish Tidings
PostPosted: Mar 14th, '10, 14:45 
Masters of Fate

The sound of heeled boots on stone echoed through the Twilight temple as a lone figure approached the altar. White hair and white cloak flowed in the quick pace of her movement, numerous light sources glimmered off her immaculate silver plate. Dark was her skin, her mood far darker still.

Elena bowed her head slightly in greeting to the priest, polite despite the cold fury burning in her eyes. Once she had his attention in full, she spoke.

"I am here to bring you warning of a powerful devil released upon the world. Though I failed to halt the summoning ritual in time, I shall give an account of what transpired, so that appropriate measures can be taken."

She went on to describe how an unhinged gnome "prophet" was forcefully ejected from Solinar, to prevent him from spreading panic with his hazy prophecies, how the gnome met his end at the hands of an orcish raiding party, and how a small group of people set out to discover the truth of the prophet's ravings.

"Following the halflings' reports of ghostly activity, we made our way to an abandoned graveyard within the forest. A strong sense of evil radiated from amidst the ruins. The shadowy Tammy bade me remain behind, lest whatever awaits be alerted by the sounds of my movement. I deferred to her judgement and experience, which soon proved to be a grievous error on my part."

The paladin's steel-clad fists clenched as she continued her tale.

"While we hid and skulked about, a vile palemaster murdered one girl after another in a gruesome ritual. One of the stealthier group members witnessed such an act, and to his credit, charged... only to run screaming into the night a moment later. Tammy then returned to us, suffering in the grip of some dark magic. It became abundantly clear that the time for stealth was over, and I cast a blessing upon my companions, which broke the spell on her."

"As we stepped forth, we found the villain huddled within a magical shield, likely of some hellish origin. Brian Sol and I attacked the barrier in hopes of breaking through to put a swift end to these heinous crimes. The shield gave way slowly, and we could do naught but watch as the necromancer butchered the last of his victims."

Speaking these words, the dusky woman's voice nearly choked with barely contained emotion. She took a deep breath to compose herself, and maintained her usual expression of calm neutrality. Only the blue pyres of anger in her eyes hinted at the storm raging within.

"The palemaster succeeded, and a devil in the form of a lustful wench appeared. It brings me little satisfaction to tell you that the summoner perished by the devil's hand. Soon I learned that at least Tammy was familliar with this creature, and that she rules over a layer of Hell. She seemed more interested in amusing herself with whatever this world has to offer than simply bringing about ruin. Nevertheless, an archdevil has been unleashed into the world."

Once she had answered whatever questions the Protector might have, the paladin visited the Cathedral to warn Andrew Domian, and finally Thorlian of the White Order.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Devilish Tidings
PostPosted: Mar 15th, '10, 16:12 
Level 17 Player Character

Deep below, very deep below... flaming eyes within the shadows would spark at a sensation.

"The reflect mentionned an odd disturbance you say...? That would explain it all... If she's allowed to walk up there... Then perhpas it is time I do the same. She won't be staying there long, I can assure you. This is not her place and never shall! If they start walking around freely...What will people think that I protect the gatesfor? Insolent and spoiled child...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mar 15th, '10, 18:12 
Twilight Council

A female devil holding his skull chalice would nod.
"Lord Asgaroth, it is time for you to return, but beware: our enemies have a head-start. Take Hellrazor with you, and in your absence leave your kingdom to your most trusted - for who knows what betrayal may await you in the mortal realm, or here, where your terrible reign blooms a flower of new resistance to the Ninth."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mar 16th, '10, 17:11 
Level 17 Player Character

" I already came back once, even stronger than before... I have nothing to fear of pety schemers." *Grasping the skull, crushing it between his powerful grasp the giant devil stood and looked down at the servant and he raised his arm forward to a Bloodhound.

"Send the Reflect, I cannot leave this place physicly yet...But my time will come..." *Purple mist reaked out of him and the devils surrounding him stepped away, knowing full well what that mist can do to anyone within it for too long. Limbo once felt into Chaos due to it. Soon, calming his temper, the Archduke, sat back and the mist vanished.*

Offline Profile