Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 18:07

PostPosted: Aug 18th, '10, 20:20 
Masters of Fate

The Isle of the Phoenix

I learned from Aika that this island was once inhabited by a number of species, last being the phoenix warriors. They say something was here before them, and if someone knows, they aren't saying. Water was also likely once deeper down in the caves. We went here inevitably to uncover the secrets before the time that came to meet us in these current lives of ours.

We found Victor Croft, the Archaelogist.
"This was a highly advanced civilization," he began. "We actually assume that it was buried due to one of the God Wars. This was an emormous city.. and was most likely on the surface. In fact, we think it was even connected to the mainland by a thin strip of land. ... In front of us here is the mage tower.. though the upper stories are inaccessible... It seems that the floor has mainly given way, as well to another underground river or lake of sorts.. but we haven't yet investigated it...
As I was saying, this civilization was very advanced... and perhaps even one of the first 'Babylons.' My assumption is that it got caught in a Gods War. That's how the Kallaha Desert was formed, after all. It used to be lush and green.. but after two Gods clashed.. it was burned to the ground. In fact, B'ahal was once the cradle of civilization."
Atlantis. "Indeed. The sea elves created a great city.. even greater than Rivenwood. ... through the folly of their leader, they were attacked and their dome cracked. So is the case... the same can be seen with the elves and Langoria."
And, as he continued on, eventually speaking about passing his business down to his progeny, Laura, we made our way down...

In these deep caves the water had a murkyness to it unlike any other cave water I have seen. And to imagine, how still it was. It probably was undisturbed for many uncounted years. Here the shadow brethren, commanded by the will of Aika herself in her past life, were ever-vigilant and ready to take us to a small isle amidst this vast underground cavernous system.

Now I will scribe the words I have both seen and heard from the old memories that came before us, when we laid our feet upon the small isle in these caverns, and discovered a pool of black water. Water, that leapt upon us. Memories... of The Shade and The Demon.

Scene 1
"And you would think I would betray them for that? You have to understand... we may be allied, but your kind is still mistrusted."
"Is that so?," he replies, and his eyes twinkle with a chilling similarity to their current home. "We are allied for a reason. We work well together...you've seen what we can accomplish."
"We are allies because we have a common enemy, nothing more. I will certainly work with you, as is required by the council...but dont expect anything more than friendship."
And he bows his head respectfully. "That is all I ask..."

Scene 2
The door knocks. "So what are you up to, Shadeling?"
"Call me by my name, please," she retorts, sounding stern, but a grin flickers under her cowl for just a moment.
"Do I get my question answered if I do?"
She shakes her head. "You're incorrigible. I'm looking at the necessary spells to increase our defenses. I was asked by Tharmiel to see what I could do."
"And how is dear Tharmiel? Has she thrown another one of ther tantrums recently?"
She smirks faintly. "That's her Fury...and no, she hasn't."
"My mistake... Extremely loud and terrifying tantrum..."
She seems to be holding back a laugh as she gestures towards the papers. "Now you can see here..."
Once again the image shifts.

Scene 3
Now, flames dance around them as faint screams are heard. They both seem to have dirt across their faces as they run through the streets.
She pants, suddenly stopping. "Wait! We can't just abandon...!"
He stops as well, looking back at her. "We have to! We don't have a choice, Eli!"
She would remain still, hands over her face, body trembling. "I can't believe you would..."
And... he turns back and places a hand beneath her chin, tilting her head up to look him in the eyes.
"I would never.."
An explosion suddenly rocks the scene. Everything fades to black. When the light restored, we found ourselves back to where we once were. The surface shimmered, and suddenly... there was a shade before us.
"You seek the truth... The truth will be hard to bear."
"Will it now... and I see that you're real afterall."
"Only a memory, a memory of what once was..."
"You are a memory of what once was, then.. Of myself?"
"No"
"Of whom?"
"I was your betrothed. Until... But it doesn't matter. That time has passed. Do you wish the truth?" He holds out his hand.
"I suppose thats what I came all this way for, isn't it?"
"Then take it."
Aika reached out and took the shadow's hand. She suddenly screamed out with such a scream that made my heart churn with madness, and I went by her side, putting my hand on her head. This shade grasped her hand firmly, not letting go.
"This... is what I felt...
This... is what you now know."
An amulet appeared in her hands. An amulet that sent energies that soothed both of our souls... beyond words. This is surely a beacon of hope for us. We saw a vision.. of large doors of the dwarven mines.. and an icy cave that stretched ominously into the mountain, wind howling at its mouth.
"Now we know," I told her, "beyond the pain of doubt.. that we existed. We were."
"Even witnessed our downfall, or at least... thats what i'm guessing in that street..."
"We did not exactly fall down, now did we. Perhaps into other lives yes. But only to rise up again.. from the ashes... Phoenix, awoken."
"Also.. I'm fairly certain that previous shade was once a lover of mine in that existance, but its very likely that I betrayed him."
"I.." I paused. "I felt this as well.. What did he show you?," I asked, stoutly.
"Myself and him... sharing a meal. And then at the end of all these visions.. his face is warped with pain. And I watched myself walk away with another, disturbingly enough."
Before we headed out of here, on the last sojourn of trinity, I told her one last thing.
"If you never would have entered my life, or if you would have left it...
I have every reason to be afraid of what I would become.
And I know you know this."

To spare the sands, the seas, the skies
I offer thee this silent sacrifice."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 12th, '10, 14:48 
Masters of Fate

I contemplate, with the memories, of the sojourn weeks ago of a place so dreadful, the very warmth of your heart would seem stolen away. It is a place that, should you enter, you could very well be begging death itself to dig your own grave. A place... by the name of Moroch.
The words of a menacing ghost echoed upon us before we entered, a voice that seemed to represent the collective whole of all who were lost to this place, and the respective murky depths below...
"The way is shut... it keeps the dead... and the dead keep it... the way is shut..."
We made our way through the dreaded halls, filled with screams of sorrow and voices lost in here through the sands of time.
"So you know the way?... is it here?" The voice said to us again, coming from no direction. A door on the right opened. "Is it here..." There was a creaking sound that opened up further ahead. Aika told me at this point how much this reminded her of the dream she had, entering a mine within the frozen wastelands. And so it seemed to have come true... as this was the place we were meant to go, should we have wished to find the answer. Yes. This is why we were here now.

And then.

I saw a Demon. It was a Demon of Shadow...

"Betrayal...
Betrayal...is a hard thing to swallow...
Know that, Akarxis."

A chill was sent through my bones, and as this visage that spoke directly to me vanished, the other familiar voice came back.
"You cannot find those who are dead... The dead keep it...
They are coming..."
"Do you know what I know? We can't say.."

We befell upon a place where we saw no ordinary walking dead. There were Dwarves in our midst. Dwarves, who seemed to be the very warriors who sought to end the curse. Now, the skeletal remains walk these halls as part of it. It spoke again.
"The mines...
The mines were once our crowning glory...
We dug too far... too deep.. we awoke something long buried..."
"We cannot get out... the way is shut... the dead keep it... we cannot get out."
And at this point, the nerves within me reacted, and I had to shout back in a flurry of anger. "What ARE you!?!?"
Instantly, I regretted this, but for the calm I now felt within my unleashed anger. The voice grew even more ominous, as if hiding within every inch of stone and drop of water.
"WE ARE DEATH!" It, or they, screamed unto my soul.

In the water...
Dead faces, white eyes, looking sightlessly towards the surface...
We did not look at them.

We went deeper, and deeper, through these carved halls. We stumbled upon a room that seemed eerily peaceful. A chest was covered completely in ice, and the fireplace had a glow of several colors. Blue, Red, and Purple flames leaped next to one another.
Through thought, we both discovered the solutions to solving what turned out to be a puzzle. Putting on Aika's ring made a green ember. The fire was calmed and claimed by the amulet, and then we used the amulet that had the green flame to melt the ice. Inside was the third Artefact: a Dark Opal Gem. We used this darkness to quench the flames, and this allowed us access into a secret passage behind the fireplace.
In a few moments, the two sides parted like doors, revealing darkness beyond.
We discovered a twisting realm of shadow, full of memories.
Faces seemed to press from the walls as the creatures were trapped behind the shadows themselves, only to blend again with the others.
"Was this... my reincarnate's hiding place, before her fall?," Aika said.
We saw her. Elissith.
She sat before the desk, opening a book, looking at a page. Then, she eyed the courtyard. Moments passed, and she eyed the book again. Then.. footsteps were heard.
We saw him. Akarxis.
His eyes twinkled with merriment. "Miss me?"
"Maybe just a little"
He smiled and placed a hand at the small over her back as he looked into her eyes. "So shall we speak now of pleasant things?"
"...You know that's impossible."
He shrugged, lifting his hand from her. "Pity."
"Yes...pity."
She waved a hand towards the desk, the book flying into her hand as if by magic. In fact, it probably is magic.
"Your eyes are keen, Akarxis...you know more than you say. What aren't you telling me?"
"Only the unpleasant things."
"I need to know. Do you realize that?"
"Are you working for Siner'ra, Akarxis? Are you just another one of her pets?"
Hearing this name sent a rush through my spine. Was she indeed the one I saw in that Keep only a day before coming here?
He remained silent.
"Tell me!"
"...Hear me out. That's how it started..."
"So it is true."
"But that's not how it ended. Elissith...I -do- have feelings for you...stronger than you can imagine. You could come away with me...we could be happy."
She smirked. "Come away with you to be another 'breeder,' Akarxis?
How many Shade children has Siner'ra planted into the Earthen realm?
Five? Ten?"
"Elissith..."
"-More?-"
"Not all of them will show signs of the blood. There will only be few...we think seven...but we don't know. Elissith, you have to understand this is all to defeat Hell."
She smirked once more "And conquer us in the process, is that it? I won't let you, Akarxis."
And at that moment, explosions sounded from the outside and they turned with wide eyes as Shaedenaar began to go up in flames.
"...No..."
"You! I can't believe that..."
"We have to run! It's not safe here!"
The two of them ran as fire rained down from the sky and curled around them.

This was the point when we realized it was a repeating memory, in this pocket of existence. A shade appeared before us. It seemed to be the one we met earlier in our expedition of the Phoenix Isles.

"Sad... don't you agree?
They ended up killing themselves, you know.
Or I should say...each other. And now they're doomed to repeat the same scene...
Over...and over...and over...and over..."
"You lie," I told him.
"I do not. Give it fifteen minutes to reset."
Aika spoke. "..And you're this memory from before, then?"
"I'm trapped with them...though freer than they. But yes, I'm a memory..."
She responded. "If I had to guess...
Elissith killed him, to make him a reincarnate... And she died, giving birth to his child."
He smirked. "No."
"No?"
"No. They had no child. Your friend is descended from his brother's line...not Akarxis directly."
"I see..."
"They never made it out of Shaedenaar."
"So Elissith left these items, before all of that, then."
"Yes. It was meant to be a warning."
"Perhaps foreseeing her own downfall?"
"A warning, not to trust demons," I responded.
"Not to trust you," the Shade said, eying me. I narrowed my eyes.
"And why is that? ... That would be because I am a monster. Isn't that right, Shadeling?"
"No. We are all monsters here. It is because you are a manipulator. History is doomed to repeat itself. Will you free them?" He waved a hand towards his right.
"How can one do that?," Aika said.
"Haven't you understood?"
"Fifteen minutes," I responded.
The shade waved his hand and the two disappeared again. He nodded "Fifteen minutes.
...They are you and you are them. Fifteen minutes."
"..I'm supposed to absorb the memories of this place, or something?," she responded.
"Accept them and change the ever spinning dial. Slow the smooth course of time and direct its flow. Free them."
My love raised her brow and waited for them to reappear, still not exactly sure what to do yet.
"Play your parts.."
The scene was then played over, this time by us. It was a strange feeling, saying those same words to the love of my life. I knew as the moment was coming closer, I had to change it for the better. I could not accept such a destiny 'tween her and I. I said the line... "I do have feelings for you, stronger than you can imagine," and I felt love, guilt, sadness, and shame.
"If your feelings are so strong for me," she said, "then will you not also understand my duty for this place?"
"Yes. And just as I have done thus far, I will bear the title of Betrayer to the people of the Abyss."
"Then... you will help me."
"Elissith. You can take it to the bank, and hold my very own heart." And at that point in time, I embraced her as the flames began to swirl like before, this time, around us.

Two images appeared before us. It was them.

"Thank you..."
"We've been trapped for so long..."
They both began to fade.
"Unite the items you found... learn from them..."

The Shade observed it.
"Bit melodramatic. But free is free."
"So.. do you take back what you said?" I told him.
"No, I don't. I speak only the truth."
He slowly rose from his seat.
"What now, mister shade memory?," the Kunoichi beside me said.
"Go back to the land of the living. You have found all three, but there is still more to learn.
And... Know this.
You have freed them so they now wander. Be wary.
For although they hold potential for you to tap into great power...
You did not alter their past. You only altered their curse. They are still dead. You are still alive. They are merely free, as I said."
"So that means they can be unlocked then.. as it were."
"...Yes.
As I said...be wary."
The Shade then vanished, and the pocket of darkness swirled around us. We appeared before the Great Tree.

I told her...
"With every end comes a new beginning... and...
My love will be there for you...
every single time."

"As will mine, be with you."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 21st, '10, 15:59 
Masters of Fate

Aika

The cause of the destruction of ... Domorus, was executed from the very hands of my love? By the twist and turn of bliss and urn, surprises are to be found everywhere as branches of their own self-expression. But how did this come to be? How has it manifested to create such a reality as this, when from the lands of my own I walk from now unto the bastion of the Sun and see naught but a once-glorious land seeming empty and full of wastes. She now makes potions for Solinar with which Captain Reynolt gladly accepts. And why is it? I recall the recent memory, having coming across my love again, she who now is trapped in these lands...

"I was given a blade by an apparent Demi-lich who calls himself Seth, and dwells beneath Zheradan. Apparently, it was supposed to kill palemasters. Barakien from the Mages Tower approached me later, and advised me not to test that theory, and to instead journey to Hades, to unlock something that would destroy -all- of them."

My arms folded were they when I listened to the soothe of her voice as I was clad in the raven's mantle. The messenger must not only have keen eyes to see afar, but ears to listen. What better voice to listen to than her own, and in this darkest hour...
Nay, it was not darkness. Here seemed empty of everything, everything except for her.

"The Eternal Wall is exactly what the dagger was key to. The one that even gods cannot get past. The dagger unlocked the wall and the void was opened. A dark god came out free."

At that moment in time, the voice of Lord Remmington echoed within my mind...
'"The generals called it a "Catastrophic disaster of proportions unrivalled in the entire history of the service." The undead, however, have grown to a halt.'
...he who holds within him such hope even after the Burning King has fallen to wastes, witnessed now by the encircling void above and wraiths of indescribable age and entropy.

"Wraiths, unlike ghosts, know what they must do to find rest. They go to rest or seek out nothingness. The void, in this case. With it open, wraiths eons upon eons old are beginning to spill out."

There is a silver celestial rune engraved unto Aika's shoulder. It burns and starts to smoke up when she tries to leave the premises of the Sunlands. This very rune was burned unto her flesh by the hand of Michael.

Michael.

Does his word alone hold privilege to trap her within the premises with which she may have doomed the very fate of Solinar? She was used as a mere tool, a tool with which would inevitably have come to pass if she were not the one used. All she has left now is me.

Even if the morrow is barren of promises
Nothing shall forestall my return

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 21st, '10, 16:08 
Masters of Fate

Confronting the Inner Demon

To become the dew that quenches the land
I offer thee this silent sacrifice

I contemplated these words as I was informed of the necessary ritual to commence with the bondage of Akarxis. I will obtain the necessary ritual obtain and begin my search for the Three Trinkets to obtain the crux of my archaic knowing.

I have now mustered enough inner strength to face the very darkness that has resided within my heart for as long as I could recall, growing ever more prominent as the passing of time has commenced.

Only because of Her inspiration have I been able to survive this long. If it did not come to pass, I would have become a monster long ago.

Only the eternal image of Her pulsing spark will keep my eyes keen to pierce even the brightest of darkness.

Offline Profile