Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 13:19

PostPosted: Apr 17th, '10, 12:18 
Masters of Fate

This is the "special notebook" of Oni Slayer, Ghost-Eye Hakari Rei-Kuei, aka Kuro Buru "The Black Rose" - containing important information that the Shinobi has maintained.

Kenku - These creatures have been seen amongst the Zheradan foothills. They are a mysterious race, may be Oni, and I have only encountered them on few occasions. They seem to have migrated elsewhere.

Unicorn - This creature I have chased all across Zheradan. It's intentions are unkown.

Kitsune Oni - A trickster with a wicked smile like Fujin himself. One alone has been able to steal women's underclothing from half of Zheradan. All articles have been retrieved and returned upon tracking down the creature and banishing it.

Dai-Oni - Amongst the strongest of Oni that exist. These huge ogres know no end to malice. To think, my own father by blood was one of them. The very one who killed the parents who raised me. The very one who was the cause of my left eye being blinded for six years. The very one who took Onikata with him, stabbed into his back, into the Abyss, until I ripped it out of him. And then, he appears again after the storm of blue fire that turned other's hair to white and eyes drained whole to the middest of night. He is now dead by me, by the sword of my ancestors. I walk forever cursed. May the kami forgive me for staying on my path, if they so choose...

The List of the Nine - A list of the Nine Angels. Three I have uncovered.
G ...
N ...
A ...

[List to be updated]

To spare the sands, the seas, the skies
I offer thee this silent sacrifice."

Last edited by -Dark-Sith- on Aug 19th, '10, 05:19, edited 6 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 17th, '10, 17:01 
Furfag

//Yay i love this! Too bad i'm no longer DM to continue this O_O

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 17th, '10, 21:10 
Twilight Council

//You don't even play anymore. I've been sorting this storyline out don't worry.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 17th, '10, 22:22 
Masters of Fate

Info Cards:

Elissril - She who Looks to the Stars

Anni Redriner - Red Tiger that does Find

Catrine Redriner - Dragonsnap of the Respectful Mystic

Tammy - Wanderer of Err who does not Err

Zalla Red - Bloom of Heather in Gray Weather

Fedrana, Fade, Anshuura - Sharp Mountain

Toku of clan Akihito - Magnetic Dissonance

Nela - Willow who Sways not

Natael - White Deer of Sorrow

Gabriel Scarbo - He who Looks East

Gnavin Sprocketfuse - Madman, Bearer of Pookie

Roland Veneroth - Wall that Blocks the Demons

Nyx - Curious Shadow who looks not at the Meadow

Pelgrin Swordjust - Gateway of Gold

Laura Kendra - Spinner of the Weave

Aetheos Animadverto - Gift of the Rose of Night

Sytharis - She who is the Bell of the Invisible Flower of Sage, Unseen Sorrow

Hally - She who is not like the Clone

Delia - Key of Below

Nallia - Key of Wild

Last edited by -Dark-Sith- on Jul 26th, '10, 14:06, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Apr 17th, '10, 22:46 
Masters of Fate

The message I bear from long ago, from the Shade, who does send the word of Rabio.

"You carry the mark of shadow...
Tell the prodigal children that their time will soon come... to those who dance with shadow... there is no longer sanctuary within the light. The Curse... will consume us all."

Word I have carried long ago to Catrine Redriner - whose name I remember now by recent meeting - to Ally Redriner - Lotus Fist Order Master, Adopted daughter of Glortor Glaurd'Har, The Creator, and Diana Glaurd'Har, the Huntress, sister of Anni Redriner, Chosen of Haniel.

More word from the meeting in Orcwood, a long time ago...
"Being consumed by The Curse means being slain and having your body turned into an undead monstrosity, or even having that happening while your still living." - Shidenkal, Orc Chieftain

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 1st, '10, 01:11 
Masters of Fate

My thoughts, my feelings, almost uncontrollable, upon my visit to Sprocketfuse's plane, beneath the vaults of his castle in the room of portals...

The magician first told me, when I stepped down those stairs, not to walk into the gate that spewed a green mist like the vile breath of a slime creature. My curiosity was of course lightened, but it was not only that which led me to approach that gate. I felt... drawn to it, like there was a part of me inside of there that I wished to uncover, wished to unveil, even if my mind told me of the dangers.

It was open, and I knew from the sidelines that, even though Gnavin was conversing with the others, he was watching me.

I did not walk in, just stared inside straight... straight into a feud of blood with creatures that have haunted my mind since the days of my hood of the child. A chill of knowing rushed up my spine, a knowing that I had felt for all of these years, but did not understand what it was. I saw the creatures of the Abyss, who were overconfident in the knowledge of who they were, which made me realize, a confidence in myself that would only haunt my mind more that day.

I could -never- be as stuck up and proud as those vile beasts, whose synergy with their wild potential only made them more unable to prosper due to plain and simple madness.

This is what had me stare for minutes, minutes that I lost track of, because I lost track of time. All I knew at that moment was the feeling that rushed through me, the intensity of my eyes shining out deeper, and to remain so for as long as I draw breath. All too soon, the portal closed, and so did the metallic gate around it. I would continue to stare there, blankly, that picture in my mind, until the magician cast a spell and dragged me towards him. In a way, I was thankful, but I also felt that he had something to fear, having learned of the rather dark secrets of Gnavin's former mentor that only led to an end... grave...

This is my curse to bear, I know this full and well now. Every time I walk to the shrine from whence it occured, I find myself taking no more than a single step closer than the step I had taken in my last visit...

Kami no Shouten, guide what little hope there is left in me. I still know there is a place in my heart for that possibility.

*A Drawing of a Black Rose is engraved at the end of this entry*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 10th, '10, 18:52 
Masters of Fate

I met two of the Keys recently in Zheradan - Dela and Nallia - and I learned that they were aware of whom they were. They seemed capable of themselves and so I left them on their own despite hearing word that Lord Mortanis wanted at least one of their heads. I returned, having found out that I missed out on an "epic" game of Pirates. They were dressed up and doing comical, exaggerated impersonations. Reminds me of recently, when I impersonated... ... ... nevermind. So I returned to them, and after several minutes, a globule of blood appeared and planned on devouring a bearded man who was sleeping by - yes let us call it what it is: the Panda Express. I immediately came to conclusion this blood creature was the strange manifestation that appeared outside of Solinar, drenched away in the river. My assumption was confirmed when it formed into the Gold Ryuujin known as Hally. This deceiver insisted in every way that it was indeed Hally, so this drove me to make rather rash actions when it formed into a pool of blood again and slithered its way like a snake to the West. It tried attacking me for following it by forming into a tail, and appeared again as "Hally," quite capable of displaying emotion. All of us there came to conclude that - due to its magnitude of power - it seemed beyond us to stop. Not even bags worked to contain bits and pieces of it, as it would drip away and the remnant would rush back to the source. Interestingly enough, Keldrin Mortanis himself appeared and - after chilling the spines with words that carried the mane of frost - claimed that he would help this blood beast be stopped. I had to leave for important business at the time to meet a client regarding a stealing Kitsune Oni, but there were four Devils who appeared - seeming like powerful variants of Erinyes - stopping Keldrin before he was about to leave. I will discover soon enough what happened, but I am sure his bones were tough enough to handle four winged hellish harlots.

Now then... I ponder about the potential business that is to be conducted in Shaedenar within the so-called Hades. If would enter there, I may very well discover a mesh of myself as if being ground by mortar and pestle. Whatever the case - whether or not the rebellious first creations of Lucifer run in the ancestry of my soul, or if my abilities come only from my bloodline - I will... discover.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 19th, '10, 12:15 
Masters of Fate

Shaedenaar

And so a siege of Demons ensued, and in their swarming midst did arrive five dark strangers, who turned not to be drow nor of any of the abysses or the hells. They were.. fellow brethren of the realm of shadow that does reside in the astral isles.

"I am Yogann Thess, strike force captain of the Logos Mutisa," said the leading Shadowsworn of Shaedenaar of the five. She approached Tammy, Elissril and I, and only entrusted to us the mission of being taken to their realm, to help them from an abyssal and hellish onslaught they themselves were facing. Zalla also came along with us, whom we met somewhat later. I learned Shaedenaar had been scattered across the planes. But what little is left, holds against the siege. The Siege of Hell and the Abyss.
The Hellrazor was taken by the Lord of Lies. Baalzebuul the Lord of Lies stole it. He wants this to win him the true favor and for him to rule over Cania, to be promoted in Er'kal's place, who once controlled the Ninth.
Catrine unveiled herself to be the daughter of the mysterious Priestess of Shaedenaar. This mother is held captive in one of the many isles, this one being in the astral plane. And so, we set off to Hades to free her.

We first met Kerberos, he who watches over the first gate. Due to his greed, he would not let any of us pass - were it not for Tammy's cunning in calling herself, and all of us, "Nobody." And when the overfed dog spake and said that "Nobody can leave," he wept and cried at his own release of the stream of consciousness. We passed the gates of Erebus.
The next gate is Somnis, where Tenriel guards.
"Hail, Lord of Dreams, Lord of Screams, Lord of Fathom's Endless Streams," was the Princess' fine words as we arrived. I soon came to realize this Tenriel spoke in weaving rhymes, and rather preferred you speak to him that way as well. He was not difficult to pass, just a little time consuming - like some dreams may pose to be; when you dream them that is. We passed through The Bleak Cabal, the doorsteps of many planes. Apparently if you're not on Tenriel's good side, he can summon a muffin with canine-teeth to chew you up to oblivion. Here we saw Thanatos - Angel of Death, Tenriel's twin brother. Thanatos guards the gateway to the Endless Graveyard. We made sure to approach him neutrally, for expressing any kind of attachment or detachment would get him uproared. A hard thing to have considered, watching those endless streams of tears fall from his eyes. He dropped us to the Wall. Yes, The Wall. Not even the Gods know what is on the other side. It is beyond the divine? How... interesting. I am intrigued to have affirmed my assumptions that the Gods are Kami like each and every one of us, just with bigger toys. Then we saw her.. High Priestess Anshana Thothraegan. And then.. Hendok the Lord of Terror appeared. He reasoned with us, and we reasoned with him. We discovered for his own purposes he had strapped Anshana unto the Wall, but we managed to convince him to free her, so she can show if she is worthy or not to prove her strength in the world. "For Mortals, you reason well." This only affirmed my assumption of the Gods. Only a few have a reasonable purpose to exist, such as the essence of the vessel in which we live, also known as Silvana, or Gaia. And yet, I do realize there are forces beyond my reasoning of this. Each of those Great Kami are Great for a reason. I seek to learn why.

And so, she was freed yet still bearing her weakened state, and I shall begin the next chapter of this tale, where upon we reached Shaedenaar.

From my scouting and tracking, the demon general - who was leading the siege upon Shaedenaar - was on the outer rim, guarded by three pillars. A force field. The Yoqq'ishthar, I learned it was called from Anshana. T'Sair O'lath mended Anshana's wounds, so she has recovered. These pillars generate a deflecting force. It disrupts the astal isle that Shaedenaar is seated onto, as well as keeps out all and every intruder. Their general is safe as long as the three pillars stand, and the homeland keeps fracturing.

We managed to supplant the pillars with disjunctional magic, but each pillar was surrounded by a Guardian. Elissril and I took the south pillar, and due to her cunning, she distracted the powerful succubus with her shadow so that I could perform my ancestral seal upon it and banish it. We met the general, and we only had thirty seconds before the ward would come up again. He was a mind master who looked into us and saw what made us weak. But we made sure to follow Anshana's words, who forced into our heads that in this realm our power is akin to that of half-Gods. I tested earlier while eating a dish with my own mind, and it vanished. Affirmed. All of us fortified our minds as these visions of the demon came into us, and we overcame. He then revealed himself as a rather decrepit creature with an over-sized head, and spake: "Da'Karl won't be pleased.." I learned this "Da'Karl" is one of Kabraxis' former lackeys.

As we saved Shaedenaar, it did not come without its gifts. The others received each of their own. Anshana spoke to me, and said:
"Seeker of the night's blood. I will grant you sight to find demons wherever they may roam."
How did she know that this was the legacy of my ancestors, passed unto me? I have witnessed so many bizarre things that I do not naturally question anymore, but the thoughts will always remain in my mind. Her scrying is most impressive. Indeed, my ability to track oni or demons in general has become - an understatement - notable. No longer do I have to rely on my knowledge of their tracks, logy of knowing etheric projections, or congregations of people spreading rumors. It is rather something more of a calling within my mind's eye, to put it simply. I have only just begun to utilize it now, but through my trials of the few oni I have discovered in the time that passed, my whole spine quakes at first to notify me. Then, I see various colors project into this sixth chakra. I've noticed that if I follow the manifestations of colors in the lower spectrum - particularly red - they lead me to the general location of the oni. This makes sense, as creatures of lower abodes indeed have much lower vibration in their auras. I see these colors in my mind's eye, yet it merges with my own two eyes, showing a translucence that does not obstruct my normal vision. Perhaps, with enough training and focus, I may be able to see what they look like without even being there. Upon sight of the creature, when close enough, I notice that I can also see its own aura. I have never been able to see auras of other beings unless with great focus. Oni and demons can no no longer hide from me in any way, shape or form, as I discovered that I can still see them both spiritually and physically. This came to light when a Spirit Oni tried to vanish from my sight. I shall continue to observe my abilities as I observe, and focus ways to enhance it further.

Now that I have learned Shadowform, I've been experimenting with reflexivity. I can bend in ways I've never thought imaginable, but I must be sure not to take it too far. I will continue to monitor my training in the mysterious ways, combining my Ninjutsu teachings with the ways of a dancer of the shadows, which I call Kagejutsu. My current foci are: manipulating shadows to actually affect the consciousness of others, to be able to draw the shadows to project shadow darts, to wrap them around my weapons, and to obtain more subtle ways at gaining information.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 10th, '10, 15:50 
Masters of Fate

After hours that I lost track of, regarding prayer, and respect to the lineage before me, it has been done. I have performed the Seal of the Thousand Ancestors just like the way my mother told me it was done, so many years ago. There came early on a point in time where I thought I never would have to have done this. My gratitude for having recalled the process correctly with enough meditation cannot be put in words.

Now, she shall bear the sword with honor, as I. Not only shall she learn the ways of Kenjutsu, Intonjutsu, Gotonpo, Hensōjutsu, Shinobi-iri, and others, but the vendetta of Shouten-ryu, and how to find the oneness through all things - Seishinteki kyōyō.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 11th, '10, 17:53 
Masters of Fate

The Seal of the Thousand Ancestors

It is performed by twelve-hour meditation on three individual days, each day devoted to meditation on one aspect of the Rei-Kurei trinity. Each day cannot be separated by more than three days. One focuses on the image of each aspect, and everything about them. The sword must be laid before you, and you focus your thoughts into it; allow it to go inside your mind. Once, during each meditation, for a minute, the sword shows you visions of your ancestors, their thoughts, their emotions, and it can cause madness if you are not ready for it. If there is not proper grounding, and at least one goal to drive you to live in the world that is material, either you will be turned insane, or you will cease to exist.

My respect goes to my father, and mother, who each performed the ritual once. My father, for my mother, and my mother, for me.

There can not exist more Onikata than there are Rei-Kuei who walk the lands. Now there are two, and two swords. This second blessed sword, I have bestowed to Aika, for now she too carries on my legacy. She shall learn my ways. The third sword exists as well, but not in the physical. It is everywhere in fact, as the third aspect is the Yaoyorozu no Kami, the force that is in every hidden thicket of the world. It is within every spirit, and with every spirit.

The sword's scabbard is pure black, but is engraved with black roses of silver highlights scattered. On this scabbard, is carved at the region next to where the hilt would be when the sword is sheathed, two figures, one on each side. On one side, there is a man scale-armored in Zheradani fashion, holding a sword upright. One the other, is a large, rather hunched horned oni wearing a mysterious kitsune mask and performing a dance. The blade itself is soundless when unsheathed. It is a painful, throbbing feeling to grip the hilt of the sword for any non-Rei-Kuei who attempts to wield the sword. To a Rei-Kuei, the fabric feels as if grabbing unto the silken mane of a unicorn, fitting perfectly to the hand. The blade is forged of Demonsteel, and is decorated withing shining golden runes of Zheradani character, and it is a light that does not shine in the dark, but hides in it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 11th, '10, 17:53 
Masters of Fate

In Memory

First Day

I lay Onikata before me, in front of me horizontally, and I stared into it. I would then proceed to begin the seal, by choosing an aspect. The aspect I chose was Aika, for she will be the simplest to imagine, and one should indeed start with what one can envision the easiest as a warm-up for the more difficult meditations. As hours passed, I saw her dancing in the rain, or with shadows, or looking down from a cliff that met waters of the unknown depths, or laying beside me as we watched the mysterious orbs in the sky twinkle with their light. It made me wonder, and eventually I wondered about wondering itself, and at this point in time it became difficult to tell what was real, and what was not. The seal was working, and the sword was opening a rift with it - along with me - into a dimension of potential, where there was nothing, and yet everything. Soon came the point in time, the minute in time that felt as hundreds of lifetimes, where I would stare into some of the memories, the thoughts, the feelings of my ancestors. To say it was overwhelming... is an understatement. If it were not for my goal to stay in the material world and carry on the legacy of my people, and to be with... her, and be in communion with all of the Kami, I would surely have ceased to exist. It ended, and my eyes opened, and I looked upon the sword. I thought it shone with a flash for a period of time that one cannot count. Exhausted, I slumped down, and slept by the sword.

Second Day

I started my second day of meditation, laying the sword before me somewhat reluctantly. This was the day I would focus on the aspect of myself, and everything about me. Everything I liked, and... of course... everything I disliked. The innocence of the human, and the corruption of the oni. As hours passed, I saw in my mind's eye a shadow demon. I knew instantly that it was me. It was, in fact, everything about myself that I feared. The monster within, that I despised, but came to accept. I felt the shadows curl around me as if I had entered shadowform, and as I looked on, it was as if I was looking at my own reflection. The regal, dark oni that stood before me had great wings, clawed hands and feet, and with legs that protruded back as the satyr's, and his eyes would glow with a hue so indescribable, it would take me a whole lifetime to put into words. He was coated full of blackness, as the middest of night. It was as if the midnight sky beyond was his own skin. And he would utter no word or sound but would rather stare through my soul, which made the sight all the more dreadful, horrifying, to bear witness. But I sat there yet, and meditated, at this moment in time holding on to a faint thread of hope - a thread of hope so subtle that bore a hidden strength as a thousand hidden suns. The shadow spread his wings, hunched down, and leaped into my soul. I trembled for countless hours, until finally the sword opened up and showed me the ancestors. It may have opened me up to be completely overwhelmed once more, but at least it took me from the experience I was having, for it was as if falling down into a pit and not knowing where you would go, or if you would not go at all, just endlessly falling...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 11th, '10, 17:54 
Masters of Fate

Third Day

This day would prove to be the most difficult, for this aspect is the top of the pyramid. It is where we meet the singularity, and the oneness of all things. It turned out to be exactly as I feared. I would lose track of what is real and what is not, like the first day, but it was in power and magnitude threefold. It is where I would come to understand the strangeness behind all that is the first and most important of the eighteen disciplines: Seishinteki kyōyō. Only after an hour of meditation, as I focused on the Yaoyorozu no Kami, I began to see apparitions in the distance while I was in these woods of Arashii no Gunraku. Lost spirits, doused in flowing blankets of white, haunted my meditation, and revealed their presences to me. Either this happened, or my third eye became incredibly sensitive from my meditation. I actually suppose the ladder, considering my concentration. My eyes were slightly open, in addition to my mind's eye, so I could be aware of what they were doing. I was aware they were going around me in circles, each following each other in a circular line. There were many circles of them, and several different kinds of spirits - both light and dark, filled with various other colors of the bow of the rain, swirling mist, or being strange creatures like I have never before imagined. Some of them had floating limbs or body parts that moved around the primary body on their own, and a single huge eye that would look upon me or dart to the skies above. Others were more like forces of nature, walking out of the leaves or trees and forming into shapes that were the most convenient for them. Some shaped like pure 'V's dipped down from the skies in gails of white and blue, and moved through the air as if doing so created an enchanting music that made me long to hear more. All of these spirits that I began seeing were not usual Kami, they were Mushi. I never thought I was a Mushishi, for only they can see them, and the Mushishi only come once in a blue moon. Perhaps the best way to describe the Mushi would be, "spirit bugs." Though, they come in all shapes and sizes and many do not look like bugs at all. They are forces of nature, and are far more closely tied to the essence of life than normal life is. Some, though rare, even look like they could be humans, or at least human-like. They seem by far the most ancient, including the ones that seem like pure forces of nature. They are both miraculously beautiful, and utterly frightening. They were circling around me in several circles, each respective circle going in the opposite direction. It seems they were performing some initiation of sorts. My father or mother never told me of anything like this, and I was, with complete honesty, scared to death. I then looked at my sword as this was happening, and I was not frightened anymore.

I knew who I was.

The sword glowed with a pure white, and yet I did not squint, for it was a light that welcomed me within. I joined the memories and emotions of my ancestors. While in this dimension of nothingness and everything, I saw before me standing a figure, garbed in a flowing silken grey men's kimono that was decorated with black roses trimmed with silver. His eyes were at first a moonlight gray like mine, but then turned purple-black as they looked down upon me. This was the only figure in this dimension that was aware of my presence, at least consciously. His raven hair was long and damp, going past his shoulders, and he bore a finely trimmed beard. A part of his long hair was tied into a neat top-knot. His eyebrows were peaked upward, regal and proud. Lastly, he had pointed ears that reminded me of the ancients of old. Everything about him made him seem an old Emperor whose youth never faded, and I knew he was an Emperor that resided within my heart. Sheathed behind his lower back, horizontally, was the third Onikata. I realized that all of the Mushi that surrounded me were still with me, even though we entered some other strange forest. They were all completely still, witnessing this man. His mouth opened, and I felt a warning as if I should cover my ears. His voice sounded like a gong that made me resonate as a bell, and my spine quaked, and shivered, as if some snake hidden coiled beneath had been residing there all of this time, and now chose to slither its way up into my mind's eye through a spring-leap. Though, it stopped, right at the stem of my brain, and I twitched. "I am Imak," he said, the entire forest shaking as he spoke. "I take on the form of he who founded the clan, lifetimes of trees ago. He was named Kami. Just as you must accept Kami, you must accept me." He then proceeded to stare intently into my eyes, and I held the force in my spine beckon. I raised myself to my own two feet, and looked into his haunting, mesmerizing eyes. "I accept you." Then the force rushed into my head, and I felt like I was lifted into the clouds yet still standing on two feet. My spirit felt as if it had been freed from the chambers of prison, and now was one with who I am. I... knew who I was, on so many more orders of magnitude than I could ever have known. I understood the meaning behind bliss. Imak turned then into a woman, from utterly handsome, to stunningly mesmerizing. It was her... Eli... Aika... and she spoke with her enchanting voice, but it was yet still a voice that caused the ground the quake, and the Mushi to flutter and dance. "I am now your Anima. Just as she is your Anima, you are her Animus. Together, you create ImakkamI. Go now, with the second sword; give the sword to her, mentor her till she would bloom. Forge the destiny. You are Kami, striving for Imak. She is Imak, striving for Kami. Walk together merging with the Third, ImmakkamI, and you shall find Heaven on all that is Gaia. Thou art two serpents entwined that encircle endlessly toward all that IS." Her eyes would widen so much that a complete shiver gonged through my spine, and I was so overwhelmed that I fell into the ground and kept falling, endlessly. I looked up to the clouds and there Imak floated, looking down upon me, and I did not know if I would, or could, live anymore.

I opened my eyes as I was still sitting, and the Mushi around me slowly began to vanish one by one, dancing. I looked down.

There were two twin swords before me. My own. Her's.

...imakkami...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 25th, '10, 06:06 
Masters of Fate

And so the day came upon us. A day of days after Aika and I had agreed to go to the realm of shadows to discover the truths about ourselves. Who and what we are; what we once were; what we can become. Tameliel and Catrine had negotiated a time for us both to go, and Catrine took us there. There we met Kirxis Haranth, Second Commander of the Shadow Battalion, and we stated our interests. She told me she does not believe I have a past life as a Shade. I thought such as well, however, I have some connection.
She told Aika, "Do you know what the Keys of the Shades are? Memories that are locked into objects...ones that can only be unlocked by the ones who first possessed the memories." Alas, and she had found one, revealing it to be a ring.
"They Keys to the Shades supposedly possess much knowledge... but they only belong to one person. They do not belong to Tharmiel. They do not belong to Abraxis... Not even Thrinii. There is more than one key. If legend speaks true, then you must gather all three before you can unlock the secrets to the past."
Aika put on the ring, and she said, "I saw a vision of a dark river, and its dark. Then a lake, almost looking like liquid ink." We came to discover later from Tameliel that this may refer to the isle of the bird that is reborn anew from the ashes, for there is a river beneath the ground. It is there soon that we shall venture, and explore, to find the secrets behind the keys, and... possibly, the secrets of my past.
"The Shades Keys are memories," she told us, "but the Shade who created these keys was supposedly in love with a demon... which helped cause our downfall." I came to think, if it really could be true. That I was the demon of that past, that Aika was the shade of that past, that memories can actually be stored into objects. Why indeed would she tell us this, if it were not for a reason. There is a mystique about the both of us, how we came together, as if there were plans and hopes behind it that reached the very stars themselves. But, past-life actions, to be a reason for the downfall of Shaedenaar? How, I wonder. I came to discover that in the Shade War, the shades allied themselves with demons, and the demons took advantage of this. Shaedenaar was shattered, but they did not win the war, for the shades drove them back. The demons tried to smite Shaedenaar again during the recent time of the loss of the hellrazor sword - but this time, it was us who ended the war. I feel, because I have been a sole puzzle piece to end this second coming of war - along with my love Aika - karmic joy. There is a reason beyond simple fathoming as to why we went there to end it.
I told Kirxis of the second vision I had when performing my family seal, of how I came into contact with myself - who turned into a shadow with towering wings, and was as dark as the middest of night, with eyes that pierced through the soul. Twas a demon of shadows, mysterious as the lune of the luna.

"But you should be careful, Mr. Rei-Kuei...
Your true self is more dangerous than most."

I understand why I've been afraid. I've been afraid of... myself, of what I could become. I understand why I have gone through all of these years of meditation, of focus, of control. It was for the potential of finding out, one day, who I am. It was so that one day, I could have the potential of controlling myself.

The monster inside of me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 25th, '10, 09:41 
Twilight Council

//Ninja in black and yellow striped outfit? Shino Bee.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 26th, '10, 06:02 
Masters of Fate

I stood on a cliff, watching, with Aika. A group of darkly-clad men and huge half-orcs came from the north, armed and armored. A priest was at their head, and at the flank, was a troupe of shackled peasants. They stopped at Solinar's doorstep. They offered these former slaves back to the Preservers as a token for new beginnings, a new war that is. Apparently, these Crusaders wished to start out with a clean fire. They, I quickly discovered, had other hidden intentions behind the scenes, as I saw emerging from the cliffs and trees assassins who had their eyes set on the Preserver Priestess who met the Crusader company to talk with them. I sent Fujin my bird of mockings a quickly-scribbled parchment, who dropped the note at the Priestess' feet. Having informed her of the plans - the Crusader priest burned the little parchment with a spell of fire magick. This Priestess stepped back, now discovering their intentions. It was at this moment that the students of the Kurai-hi Shinobi Ryu leapt from behind Aika and I, over us. I gave a signal to throw the senbon needles, and both of us did. These two assassins deflected them, but I was able to stop their advance - distract them. Enraged, they leapt for us, and I resolved to quick thinking to pull out the chains and - attached to it - my dragon's tail knife. I swung this around their legs as they lept, and had them slip back down from the cliff. Their weight however drew me down as well, and I tumbled away into the scene. This allowed me to spin my dragon's tail chain at a large radius, scattering their forces back.
At this moment in time, something interesting happened. The White Mages appeared in robotic harmony, and summoned a whole Gold Flight of Dragons. The shock and awe caused by this terrible force left the Crusaders running, and the Falling Leaf Ninjas whose plans I thwarted, would come back personally for me. Well, I told them I would wait.
Interestingly enough, I wasn't even thanked for saving the life of that Priestess. This caused me to reconsider my actions, and my thoughts on Solinar. It was enough - for the time being - that an innocent academy girl named Ivy gave me her thanks. She might not know, but she could very well have saved the only potential tie between a Shinobi clan and Solinar.
These thoughts needed not linger, for before me appeared ten Fallen Leaf Shinobi Monks. How bold of them.
I tried my luck at parle, claiming that I saved their lives in thwarting their plans, for they may have ended up at the claws of dragons. Their vendetta was strong enough, however, and I do not blame them. If my plans would have been so thwarted, I might have felt the same. Indeed, with a few more rations of rationale.
They revealed an illusion of honor when they said they would have one of theirs face me personally. He stepped from the shadows, and revealed himself as the notorious Kim Kap-Hwan, master of the Kurai-hi Assassin Style. It would prove to be master against master.
I stated my terms after a bow, but it happened too late to have recognized that he disobeyed the rules of engagement, having somehow -teleported- directly by my back-side, blade one reaching for my heart, blade two, my throat. My sai and bladeshield flickered out with my pulse of focus, attempting to parry these deathstrikes, but I did not know if my speed would reach him in time. No, perhaps it wouldn't...
The strikes were blocked.
And there were four others surrounding me, four astute judges who countered this most unhonorable act of engagement. Anni, Catrine, Cassie, even Miani, who had deathstrikes of their own. They took this harbinger of darkness in one fell swoop, and electricity gouged out from him as he collapsed. It was at this moment in time I learned that this Kim imposter was none less than one of the most finely-made constructs in the world. Level IV, akin to Gnavin's masterpieces.
I discovered the true weakness now of the Falling Leaves, who fell now truly from the dead tree that was based on just-as-dead ideals. Their master was already dead, and they wished to recover a lost, integral shard of their mirror that they could not find. Nobody truly knows if the real Kim Kap-Hwan still lives, but judging the look on the faces of his minions... As they ran away with their tails in-between their legs, it is difficult to find another expression than that of Lady Shatterfist's: A bunch of wannabes.

For now, my place is here, waiting, watching, brooding in the dark for the moment opportune. I know they shall perhaps chase my back, strike hard when they get the chance. But I shall be waiting for these cowards if they dare to approach again.

Now then. What of this uprising conflict - potential new war - between Nheraz'khar and Solinar? I hear the northern nation has allied themselves with the Rabians. My, how this will prove interesting.

My eyes will be keen, my blades, sharp; my needles, the threaders of death rather than the weavers of life. The Lotus... their backs will be watched by me.

Offline Profile