Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 21:19

PostPosted: Sep 8th, '10, 15:47 
Level 12 Player Character

//there lol done, loooooong :P Last post on page one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 8th, '10, 17:02 
Twilight Council

1 level

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 8th, '10, 19:25 
Masters of Fate

Done.

To spare the sands, the seas, the skies
I offer thee this silent sacrifice."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Oct 11th, '10, 22:23 

Kincaid was sitting in a corner, listening to the other men and women gamble and having their fun. He had become a 'higher up' in the criminal organization but for some reason, he was rarely accepted as part of the gang. It was not that he hated or anything, but Kincaid never made himself seem like he wanted to be part of the fun. He would talk to people when they approached on occasion and knew how to keep them in good spirits and such, though when it came right down to it, they felt he prefered to watch and stay in the back ground.

Kincaid had made it clear to the female members that would love nothing more then to have a roll in the hay with him that he was uninterested in anything with anyone but Cecily. Sure, he'd flirt and was able to quite confuse some of the girls wether he wanted to go further or not.. but he never pushed it and it would either end with him grinning and walking away, or him disapearing when the she looked the other way for but a moment, leaving her frustrated.

But today, it was exactly how he liked it. Him staying in the background, watching everyone else having fun, them knowing he was there, but otherwise all but ignoring him. But if he stood and walked over, they would almost instantly quiet down, expecting him to have something to say, or join in the fun, accepting him.

As he sat watching, a person approached him with a hood and a shady cloak. The inexperienced members paid no mind, thinking just another one of them, but Kincaid and a few ranked members watched this person, as slightly more skilled infiltrators would figure that style of look would blend in. Kincaid knew that was a sign of an average person at work, a truly skilled infiltrator wouldn't never be noticed to begin with, or knew enough about those around to get away with their face revealed.

The person was a woman, Kincaid noticed the womanly features almost right away. The cloak and hood masking most of them. He also realized right away it was most likely a job. For some reason, women typically gave him his missions. He assumed it was because they felt he responded better to women, avoiding all the testosterone and butting heads and macho attitude. She approached to his table, sat down and revealed enough of her face to show him who she was and he recognized her and nodded, no need to say anything as she passed him a parchment, to which he took and stood, and walked out without saying a word to anyone. No one said anything back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He stood in the rain, in the shadows of a tree in the middle of the night. It was fortunate for him that it was stormy and there was a lot of thunder. His target would have a very hard time seeing or hearing him come. The target: A wealthy merchant that decided to move away from Solinar without letting his 'business partners' know anything about it. Of course that was unacceptable, and thus it had to be dealt with. Why did they need Kincaid for this? Well, the merchant wasn't stupid... or at least... wasn't really stupid and knew that his old partners might learn of this, despite his efforts to keep it quiet and thus send someone after him, and so, he hired guards.

They knew Kincaid was decent enough at assassinations, and torture methodology, though his biggest strength was his word play. Thus this mission he was suited for perfectly. They didn't just want the man to suffer with whatever Kincaid decided to do to him, also watching his wife die and son die.. they wanted his daughter alive, and to serve them. A sick little way of permanently torturing the man till his death, which would eventually come. They wanted Kincaid to make the girl believe she was doing what was best for her father, with the promise of him being freed from his torture in the future and they could be together again. A lie, but that was why they wanted Kincaid.

Kincaid saw the wagon come into view down the expected road out of Solinar, five guards surrounded the wagon full of merchandise and the carriage with the family inside. "Five guards..." he thought. "They look skilled, seems I was right to plan ahead."

Plan ahead he did, up ahead he planted a few mercenaries down on their luck looking to make some much needed coin. Kincaid had promised these men a fortune (in their eyes) and even gave them a nice incentive in the mean time for them to chew over. The men were more then willing to do as requested, thinking this a simple robbery. Kincaid was just using them as a distraction, something for the guardsmen on the wagon to mull over while Kincaid made his move and gain the advantage. He cared not if the men lived or died in the staged robbery, he expected them to die but if any of them lived, he would decide what to do with them then.

The wagon made it's way slowly through the night and rain. The roads were muddy, the horses were spooked and rain made it hard to see. Kincaid had no issues keeping up on foot, especially with his haste boots. It was a good several miles before the trap was set. Kincaid wanted the guards to feel more at ease that there wasn't going to be an ambush, as it should have happened long before then. Kincaid just hoped the mercenaries were ready, and not slacking off. He used his pursuasiveness to try and ensure they would be ready, it worked then... but time and misery could change a mans mind. Time passed and Kincaid seen the wagon and the men stop. It was right where he had set the men.. it was working.

He watched as the guards took into a different formation to protect the carriage, though they kept watching forward and to the side. Fools. Kincaid had no problem sneaking up behind them. The two front men moved forward to deal with the mercenaries, while Kincaid found his way to the man furthest back. They were on horses, but Kincaids weapons made it so he didn't have to reach their neck, the slightest cut could potentially put a man to sleep. He merely slit his blade lightly across his leg.. and hoped the man didn't have a high fortitude to resist, he also trusted that a little cut wouldn't make the man call out enough to alert the others. If the man resisted, Kincaid would be under the horse and leave the man confused on what happened... maybe a bug bite, as odd as it would seem, but it would allow Kincaid time to readjust his plan unseen.

It worked.. the man had reached down to grab where he felt the pain... and fell off into Kincaids arms. The men forward were to focused on the battle to notice. Kincaid slit the mans neck, and glanced to the other men. He could throw a dagger at the far one, damaging him severely, and then when this man looked to his comrade to see what had happened, he would still be leaving his back exposed for Kincaid to strike. He threw the dagger and connected.. the man screamed out in pain and reached futily to his back to try and pull the enlodged dagger. As expected the hurt guards partner looked over to see what happened, exposing himself to Kincaid the same as he always was. Kincaid leaped up onto the horse and embedded both his short swords into the mans ribs from the side, piercing the mans lungs. This man also succumbed to the blades sleep effect. Falling into unconsciousness as he drowned on his own blood.

The two guards hadn't noticed yet what was happening behind them as they contended with the trio of mercenaries still remaining. Kincaid expected they would bolt any second however, as these guardsmen seemed to much for them, having not even received a wound more then superficial. He was a little surprised they were still fighting as it was, but he suspected the reward outweighed their lust for life... at least so far.

...Damn, Kincaid was caught looking to long at the battle ahead. The guard Kincaid threw the dagger at was quicker then he expected and had reared the horse within reach of his sword and Kincaid... and Kincaid wasn't able to move well enough with the dead guard sharing the horse. His sword caught him in the chest, a nice slash.. heat and pain filled Kincaids senses.. it hurt, a lot. But this wasn't the first battle Kincaid was in where he was hurt, and it wouldn't be the last. Kincaid pushed himself back on the horse, the horse being well trained and not worried about the battle being carried out. Kincaid kicked the dead man off the saddle towards the other guard, he landed with a thud between the horses, causing the living guards horse to rear a bit and back off. This allowed Kincaid time to tumble off the horse and use it as a shield between him and the the guard.

"Stop and desist!" The guard yelled at Kincaid, angrily and in pain.

Kincaid didn't answer, and used his speed and quick agility to keep himself out of reach of the guard as he reassessed his situation. He didn't have long before this became a three on one scenario. He had to rid this guard quickly, but he lost his advantage having to face him direct, not to mention the man appeared to know how to defend himself well not being flanked. Kincaid had a scroll of darkness he could use, but using it would give the guard time to run off with the horses and carriage. He threw a dagger at the man, but he deflected it away. He heard a young girl in the carriage scream and then go silent. Her father or mother must have muffled her. Maybe he could use them to his advantage.. though the door would of course be locked from the inside, but he came prepared for that too. Stink bombs, horrible smelling smoke grenades, enough to make anyone breathing it either pass out or flee to fresh air. Swallowing it would cause severe nausea and sickness.. they would have to come out.

!... opportunity.. the guard he was fighting was getting off his horse, leaving himself completely undefended for an attack.. perfect, cause Kincaid only needed one. He threw another dagger at the mans neck, striking home as the man had his hands busy unable to defend himself properly, also with the rain, he didn't really see the attack coming to well. He dropped like a sac of wet potatoes.. dead. Kincaid glanced to the other men fighting.. morons.. the guardsmen were getting off their horses to chase the fleeing men into the woods. He guessed that maybe the mercenaries he hired were hurt.. and unable to run far, so maybe the guards thought they could catch them, finish them off. This was all good for Kincaid, woods gave him cover. He gave chase.. and entered the woods...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please... I have money... I can pay you.. anything... just don't hurt us..." The Merchant pleaded with Kincaid.

Kincaid had the father, the son and the wife tied up outside on the roadside on their knees, soaked from the relentless rain. The wife and son were gagged. He looked frightful to these people.. bloody and wet.. cut up some from his fight with the guards. He knelt beside the merchant.. and spoke loudly enough for his family to hear. "You shouldn't have betrayed us.. " he glanced to the mans wife ".. you love her? Don't you?"

"Yes.. I love her.. I love all my family... I would give anything... do.. anything.. to save them.." the man pleaded..

"Liar.. if that were true.. you would have stayed right where you were.. continuing your work for us.. but you decided to put them in danger. I'm afraid.. I have no choice.. but to show you the price you paid for that." The means face turned white... deathly pale as Kincaid approached the mans wife, taking out a knife.

"NOO DON'T!! PLEASE.... ANYTHING YOU WANT!"... It was to late, Kincaid whispered something in the womans ear as she cried helplessly.. and fell forwards as Kincaid plunged the dagger into her back.

Kincaid glanced to the man.. such evil in his eye.. as he looked to the mans son. The merchants face was grim, a stare like no other... he was devastated already. Kincaid knew his plan would work on him, not so sure of the daughter yet. But she was tied elsewhere, saved for Kincaid to deal with later.

"Noo... you.. you bastard... I'll kill you... I swear it..." the merchant mumbled, not audible to anyone else but Kincaids good ears and himself.

"I know, I know.. use those words if it helps you feel comfort... or determination to keep going in life. But I'll give you a better one." At that, he also whispered into the sons ear, before embedding a dagger deep into the boys back... the sons eyes opening wide... and then closing.. as he too, fell forward.

The father cried out in helpless pain and agony, seeing his son die as well. He might have died with a broken heart... if he didn't know that his daughter was not present, and may still be alive. But at that moment, Kincaid confirmed it.

"Your daughter lives, and unharmed. And she will remain unharmed, provided you pack up your things, head back to Solinar... and continue where you left off. Do this, and your daughter will merely serve as... entertainment... for the men. No no don't worry, she will not be raped. We want you to continue loyally you see.. if she were to succumb to harm, you wouldn't be so motivated now, would you? Of course... she might be a little under dressed.. " Kincaid grinned. "But so long as you do as your told, you will get her back in time. Unfortunate you had to pay with your son and wife.. but.. such is what occurs when you betray us. Do you understand? Oh... and no need to ask if you can trust me.. you honestly believe I'd bother letting you live and your daughter if I didn't intend to keep my word? Think about it, and you'll do the right thing. Now.. if I were you, I'd start walking back. Don't worry, your stuff will be returned to you discreetly.. and I'll contact you when you can see her again. Don't worry about bandits on the road.. there are none, your path is clear. Good luck.

Kincaid was so calm during all that, and inside it infuriated the man, he wanted Kincaid to die a thousand deaths... but Kincaid was right, he had no other option than to do as Kincaid said... or else. He might be lying, but what did it matter at this point if he was? Still... the shock and pain over what happened kept him on his knees for hours.. while Kincaid left with his family's bodies in the carriage. He saw his daughter carried into the carriage unconscious. He could tell because her breath had fog in the cold wet air.He wept.. he couldn't even bury his wife and son, and this may be the last time he saw his family again...

The mother and son watched Kincaid as he left with their daughter and sister. They were now the new workers at a farm far away from Solinar. They didn't know what to make of Kincaid.. he saved them, but he worked for such an awful organization and was helping them.. and assisted them in ruining their family. But, it could have been worse.

"Do as I say, if you wish everyone to live.. and one day, you'll reunite, I promise. Pretend... to die." He whispered to the wife.. and later, the son.

"I'll watch over you, make sure the men never go to far with you. I cannot promise complete safety, I'm sure a drunkard will try his hand at you, and you'll likely be slapped around on occasion. Think of it as a life lesson.. it is unfair, cruel at times and in order to survive, one must make choices that either results in life, or death. You have the right to choose if you prefer death to a particular way of living, but the way I look at it.. if you're alive.. eventually, times will change, opportunities come to those that thrive. If you want yours... live.. and do not allow what happens to you force you to give up."

The daughter... nodded.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Oct 15th, '10, 01:04 

//whew lol done

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 8th, '10, 00:58 

With the City of Solinar in unrest, Kincaid was seen taking Cecily's mother and father and heading North.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 14th, '10, 06:10 

During the aftermath of Solinars citzens killing each other, people talk about the heroics of Cecily and Kincaid looming through the city searching and collecting children who have lost their families in this ordeal. With promise of food and shelter and safety, they get little resistance from the needy children and they amass to go with them out into the wilderness wherever they have themselves situated.

Some mobs attempted to group and attack the duo, but Kincaids quick blades and Cecilies fireballs of warning kept any from being successful. Some people beg and plead with the duo to take them with them, but are left behind to fend for themselves.

However, this quickly becomes forgotton from the common folk as they have much larger concerns.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 18th, '10, 17:18 
Level 3 Player Character

//Forgive me and move the post if you do not like it here, Power. And my laptop keyboard is going nutty.

Cecily woke up with an aching back, lifting her head to look around she saw the children around her, all huddled together for warmth, and as close as comfortably as they can be. Finally able to rest in the large cave that they can have an easier time defending. She carefully rose, ensuring the small boy she was holding is covered as she gets up and stretches, rubbing the small of her back, and stepping to Kincaid, taking her shawl with her as she sits down next to him. Her long curls descheveled and looking unruly and wild.

ʺThink we can be safe here for a while?ʺ Her green eyes looked to him curiously as she spoke, her eyes moving to the opening of the cave that they guarded.

ʺAye, for now. Not any places too close by.ʺ He nodded and plled her close into his arms, following her gaze to the cave opening.

ʺYou gave the older children weapons? We will need them to help protect the younger ones.ʺ She welcomed his embrace, leaning into him. Cherishing the short time they could have to be close together.

ʺAye, I did. Some already had weapons. Not good ones, mind you, but at least it helps in knowing that they can use them at least.ʺ

She sighed and lifted her head, kissing his cheek and laying her head against his chest. ʺIt will be hard for the small ones. We will need to hunt, but I do not want the children to run the risk of running into any of the murderers about. You should take some of the older ones, and my father will stay here and help fight if the cave is attacked.ʺ

ʺI can set some traps, to give us some warning if anyone comes.ʺ

ʺGood. Our greatest challenge will be to make it so that the kids are not living in fear all the time. The violence of Solinar was traumatic for so many of them. Even if we can find some high ground, and build a house for all of us. And be able to defend it easily.ʺ She yawns, and leans into him more. Slipping her hand into his and caressing him with her thumb. ʺSo much for a wedding and my dress I was making.ʺ

ʺIt does not matter. We got out of the city together. We saved many of the children, your parents are safe. Your baby sister is safe.ʺ He holds her close and rubs her back, looking down at her and finding her eyes are closed. The intense traveling that they had done in the past days, taking its toll and she was exhausted. He looked to the cave door, his mind working over plans for anything that might go wrong. And death would come to those who would come to the cave and harm any of them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 20th, '10, 00:35 
Twilight Council

1 lvl to both

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 24th, '10, 18:57 

Kincaid... the dad?

Kincaid tossed and turned all night... he usually could sleep well, having been used to sleeping very lightly and waking up often due to his training as a youth. But he had no idea life with kids would be so hard. Ofcourse these kids were not his own, they were the abandoned and homeless children him and Cecily had rescued from Solinar.

They had found some caverns and cleared them out of the dangers, bought many supplies that they could, stole many as well from abandoned merchant carts and had made refuge here and took several children and saught shelter here until this ordeal with the void either killed them all, or blew over. But at least here, they were safer then alone in a city full of panicked people looking out only for themselves.

Many of the children were apprehensive about living in these caverns, some enjoyed it, liking it better then the crappy life they had before, and some down right hated every moment of it, having been spoiled by rich upbringings. And some children were still in shock or fearful and sad and depressed about their loss and couldn't accept it or had trouble doing so.

Watching over the children were Kincaid, Cecily, Cecily's mother and father, and some older teenagers that Kincaid had bribed and manipulated into assisting. But the number of children that they had was quite sizable. Up until a couple days ago, they had only a dozen or so, but then a talk with Lucas made Kincaid aware of a mass of children abandoned at the local library in Solinar. When Kincaid went to investigate, he was shocked at the shear number that had gathered there. Kincaid couldn't leave them all so he did his best to convince them all to join him and leave for the caverns. Most went, and only the most fearful and stubborn remained to fend for themselves. Now... the cavern was full of kids.. several dozen, ranging from almost new born to eighteen.

Kincaid new not to lose his temper with these kids, with the constant complaining and recklessness. He understood their predicament and knew this life wasn't going to be easy for anyone... but days now with very little sleep was starting to weigh on him. Cecily had had enough as well, the poor girl practically running the show to this point with Kincaid and everyone else following her direction. But Cecily needed time to relax the best she could, and needed Kincaid to fill the role as father figure.

"Shut up... shut up... SHUT UP!" He yelled to the group of kids all huddled together. To many were complaining about various things and the teenagers couldn't appease them all while Kincaid was trying to sleep. "For crying out loud shut the hell up! Why do you always complain!? Why can't you just accept what has and is happening and just DEAL with it!?!"

The kids all hushed, never having seen Kincaid so mad before.. some younger ones started crying.... more.

"Kincaid... " Moaned Cecily... "Settled down.. they are just kids..." She attempted to convince him. But Kincaid had had it, he needed to find a way to deal with these kids so they would all work together better and make this existence as pleasant as possible.

"No... you kids need to listen and listen good... everyone up.. right now.. in a line, youngest to oldest.. right to left now now now... come on get up.. all of you.. Nathan, Edward, Ezabelle.. Joseph.. come on up.. get them lined up. I know the tolders can't do it alone.. help em obviously... come on move move move!"

The kids scrambled to obey... though it took awhile. Several still sleeping, and whining about having to awaken.. some just naturally rebelious, having hating to do anything demanded of them. But eventually, there was 40 plus children all lined up, watching Kincaid in the dim torch light. Even Cecily was up.. standing there with Kincaid, trying to sooth him the best she could, but even she was to stressed out to offer much.

"Alright now.. I know all of you are going through a difficult time, everyone is, equally. I know many of you aren't used to this and are having a tough time coping, some can't sleep, some find it to cold, some are scared... trust me... I /understand/. But... this can't continue, we *he points at all those assisting in supervising* can't do this if you're going to continue to act like this. We, like it or not, are all going to need to work together now, to make it as pleasant as possible until this is over..." Some kids started to speak up with questions and complaints but Kincaid shushed them right away.. "Don't make me get Cecily to cast a silence spell on all of you... Now then.. I am going to answer everyone of your concerns... without anyone asking a single question.. THEN, we are going to impliment what I am going to say... THEN everything will be fine.. and cozy... do you all understand?" The questions went to start up again... until Kincaid flashed them all a look that made them instantly shut up. "Good..."

That was the moment Kincaids ears took over. One of his traps had set off from the entrance to the cavern. "Wait here, I'll be back in a moment..."

The kids all got nervous suddenly. Seeing Kincaid reach for his weapons and move into the shadows... made them all a bit uneased.

"Should I help you?" Cecily asked in a low voice but good enough for him to hear.

"Wait with the kids.. remember the plan if there is danger." Cecily nodded and moved to the kids, reminding them of the plan incase it was needed.

Kincaid moved quietly to the cavern entrance, and he did not like what he seen. A large and deadly looking red dragon was looking right at him. A blue. The dragon had tripped a bear trap.. and it was dangling off it's front paw. The dragon seemed quite amused actually, not having been bothered by it at all. It's tough hide and bone structure, it was like the trap trying to crush iron.

"Awh... fuck.." Kincaid complained mentally. He knew how to avoid their fear effect, but he always had a hard time fighting them. Dragons were cunning combatants, and their hide made it impossible for rogues to get to any weak points.

"Well... this is interesting. What brings you to this cavern? Looking for a new home?" Kincaid tried to play it cool.

The dragon grinned, looking down at Kincaid. This smart beast wouldn't have seen Kincaid as a threat originally, but seeing how cool he was acting, led him to heed this situation with a bit of caution. However, most humans were to stupid to know when to be afraid. It was likely no different with this one. "I smell many within these caverns... likely hiding from the Void, no less. I smell... small ones. Fresh morsals... human young are much better tasting then the older. You're meat gets gangly with age...

This made Kincaid tense. If all the dragon wanted was food, then he would would most likely have to fight it. "You're sense of smell is quite astonishing, dragon. You're correct, there are many children here. But they are unclean filthy things.. surely they would not interest you, and you could appease your hunger elsewhere.. and take some gold along with you for your trouble?"

"Mmm.. well.. I'm listening, do tell human. How much gold are you offering me?" The dragon lowered it's head to just above Kincaid, but out of his reach.

"How's a thousand suit you? Perhaps some diamonds and rubies to go along with it? I have a few..."

"It's a start... " the dragon licked it's mighty teeth, and looked past him. "Oh.. is that your mate?"

Kincaid thought that this was a good thing, Cecily's magic could work well here if things got ugly. "No, she is just someone I hired to help me with the kids."

The dragon saw through his lie, it was feasible that he could have been telling the truth, but just some baby sitter would be freaking right now, not to mention... she was invisible. The only reason the dragon realized she was there was her perfume, and she came within range of it's blind sense. Kincaid didn't know this.

"I do not enjoy liars... human. But I understand why you did. And I will be willing to look past it, for.. say.. two of your young, as compensation."

Kincaid was calm, he knew to be, but this enraged Cecily.. and the wind about her picked up. Energy started to swell in her and she raised her hands and readied a spell. "You will not come anywhere NEAR my children!" She warned angrily.

"Shit.... Cecily... damn your temper..." Kincaid thought to himself. He was ready to grab his weapons if needed, but maybe he could still manage to talk without a fight. But before he could think of something to say... the Dragon already thought out his battle stradegy and bulled past Kincaid towards Cecily.

A mage could be a very serious threat to the dragon, but they were nearly useless if they could be pinned down. The dragon could also use her as a hostage to get Kincaid to do whatever he wanted. Most likely.

Cecily managed to get off a missle spell at the dragon before it got to close. The magic managed to penetrate it's resistance and blackened several areas on the lizard, burning it painfully. But the dragon easily endured the pain. The dragon didn't expect Kincaid to be so quick either, and though he did get past him.. Kincaids nimbleness allowed him to dodge the dragon, and draw out his weapon. He wasn't sure what he could do here, but he had to try.

Cecily had a disciplined mind, her anger and protective instinct coupled with this allowed her to resist the dragons fear effect as it charged her. Kincaid had a much weaker mind and was much more subjective to mental attack and such things as fear... but this dragons aura wasn't strong enough to effect Kincaid it seemed, he was just to well 'seasoned' for it to effect him.

Just before the Dragon got to Cecily, he felt Kincaid mount his back, using the dragons spiney .. spine, to grip hold and hold himself there.. embedding his blade through his scales and into the dragons ribs. It hurt, without a doubt.. but the dragon was tough and managed again to endure. Kincaid drew the other blade.. and embedded it in the other side... more pain, but it managed. The Dragon knew it was in trouble, and decided to take on another target.. the children. If anything would make these two annoying pests give into him, it would be a threat to the childrens lives. And so he trampled past Cecily, knocking her into the wall. She fell hard to the ground, pained badly by the dragon.. but not at all out of the fight. If those missles were the strongest spell the mage had in her arsenal, he could afford to go after the kids, with how protective she seemed, she wouldn't let anything happen to them and likely give her life for them.

"Get off of me, stand down and I will not subject your young to a painful death by fire!" The dragon roared, it's mouth like a furnace.. molten saliva dripping from it's tongue.. leaving welts of smoldering droplets on the ground as it moved.

Kincaid prayed that the kids were where they were supposed to be, and if they were.. the dragon wouldn't have a target to carry out his threat... right away at least. "No deal dragon... no matter what happens now, your demands will be unacceptable and I'd rather lose everything, including my life then give in!"

This was a lie, Kincaid would actually go through and sacrifice some children if he HAD to, to save his life, and perhaps the majority of the others... but he also knew Cecily would never go for it, she would die trying to stop it, and would leave Kincaid if he gave in, and she managed to survive it. And so... he had to fight. He buried another couple jabs into the dragons hide... the dragons bucking actually helped the damage, as Kincaid was using them to hold on, the damage was worsening, tearing more flesh as the dragon jerked about. But it couldn't afford to stop to confront Kincaid and the mage directly, just the weapons Kincaid was stabbing him with seemed powerful, and so to must be the man to wield them.

The dragon jumped and bucked like a mad bull to shake him off as it rushed towards the childrens area expecting to be there shortly, the pain of Kincaids weapons was overbearing. In the charge, the dragon had also set off most of Kincaids traps in the process.. having little effect on it, but every little bit helped, mostly the stalling effect some had, helped the most.

Cecily had got up by now, and shook off the pain and ran after the two. She wasn't worried about casting deadly spells at the dragon with Kincaid on it, he had told her before to do it if need be, that his amazing rogue reflexes allowed him to dodge any area effecting ones... except 'Ice Storm' oh how he hated that spell... and prayed she wouldn't use it.

She didn't use it thankfully... and as she caught up within view of the duo.. she gathered her energy and the air took on an electric feel.. sparks snapped in the air and she released forth a bolt of lightning. She aimed for Kincaid, as he painted a nice target for her to aim at, she wasn't worried about it hurting him, he would mostly avoid it somehow, but the bolt would still strike the dragon too. And it did... the electrical discharge was felt through the dragons entire body.. the loud clap of thunder afterwards echoed through the caverns.

Kincaids uncanny reflexes took over. He himself couldn't explain how he managed such feats when it came necessary.. as the bolt hit, Kincaid flipped and contorted and ended up somehow under the dragons wing. His legs wrapped around the joint that was attached to it's back, keeping him supported in this very awkward half upside down position. His blades used the beasts dense muscle as an anchor as well, grinding through the beasts scaly hide cutting a nice swaff of flesh.

The Dragon had to hurry, this was getting bad. He didn't expect these two to prove so difficult and it had barely managed to hurt either and was just now arriving to the caves 'living quarters', searching desperately for his targets.. the human may have just been bluffing about not giving into it's threats against the kids... he had to try, but the children weren't there. It only took him a moment to realize where they were though, it's senses allowing it to determine quickly that they were behind a large rock cover, designed to look like it was just a pile.

"Last chance humans! I know where your young are.. they cower behind that rock face.. a single blast of my fire will melt the entire shelter... and you will lose them all! Stop this... I'll spare you and take only your wealth!"

Kincaid was tempted... if he didn't manage to take this dragon down now, and it melted the cover as it suggested... he would lose them all. Another lightning bolt blasted the dragon... obviously Cecily wasn't going for it, either that or blinded by her rage, she never heard the dragons threat. Electrical heat melted more of the dragons flesh. Kincaid twisted and let go of his position and fell to the ground under the dragons breast, avoiding the bolt. He had one chance... and he had to make this count, seeing as there was no way to stop the dragon from taking out the kids before he died. He was lucky this dragon wasn't as powerful as he knew they could be.. a lucky break for sure.

The dragon had had it, it knew it was going down, but it was not going to let these humans have their victory without loss of their own, he would kill all their young.. all it took was one blast of it's breath against the makeshift rock shelter. It arched it's neck back... chest puffed out.. and felt a sudden pain in it's neck.. as Kincaids blade found it's mark. Fire burst from the wound, severely burning Kincaids hand. It also arched out it's mouth towards it's mark.. though due to Kincaids actions the dragon wasn't able to successfully target the shelter properly.. and the blast didn't manage to do damage it sufficiently to harm it. The kids inside felt heat, but it was harmless.

The kids all screamed with fear.. Kincaid was afraid the dragon DID hit his mark and turned to witness what he thought was his failure. Then a loud crash was heard behind him... he felt a sudden burst of cold as ice shards splintered past him harmlessly. He looked back to see the dragon crushed under several large ice chunks. The dragons weakened hide from the lightning failed to protect it from Cecily's Ice Storm spell. It lay dead at his feet.

Cecily charged Kincaid, and embraced him. She was scared for the childrens lives so much that her emotions were high... and the relief of the dragon dieing before it got to them was enough to send her into a fit of tears as she held him tightly.

Kincaid held her comfortingly... still in shock in all worked out. He could hardly believe it ended without a single fatality.

Slowly... the kids emerged from the safety of the rock shelter.. to stand in awe at what they witnessed. From that day, Cecily and Kincaid had little trouble keeping the kids in line. However.. the days of complaining had ended... but the days of story telling, regaling them over and over and over about how they defeated the dragon began....

Now, Kincaid could move to the next phase of his plan.. and started testing the children.

Edited to use a red instead of a blue, as blues don't really exist.

Last edited by PowrOverwhelming on Nov 25th, '10, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 25th, '10, 21:03 
Twilight Council

((Topic cleaned: 19:02 - Willi Mortis.))
((Reason: OOC talk on IC post.))
((Censorship: None, issues discussed are resolved))
(( -- Please expect this post to be deleted in 24-48 hours --))

Offline Profile