Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 11:36

PostPosted: May 7th, '10, 20:29 
Masters of Fate

She regarded the quill and parchment nervously as she paced the chamber. It wasn’t as though the concept of an occupation was unsettling. When she was not otherwise indisposed, her love of study was employed by the Sprocketfuse Corporation in field research. More-so, it was the occupation itself that unnerved her. She was yet a student in her own right, between her self-study, and tutoring at the hands of both Glaurd’Har and Sir Karr—and aside from that, her knowledge was still skewed by the habits of practices in Stahv. And she was still a child—younger than many who already attended the academy as students!

Even so, as she had sat copying her old notes for the Misses Contessa and Cecily, she was struck by a strange thought. She saw in her fellow sorceresses a trace of what she had been as a much younger child, and it was that reason that added fuel to her already-burning wish to aid them. However, she had been raised by the wizarding sort—in an academy no less—and it was from this that she gained her first tastes of arcane “control” and theory, her passion for literature, and so much more accumulated knowledge. Why then, could she not combine the two? To impart the lessons that had aided her not only unto a select few, but to any who would be in need of them? She held the memories of her study in Zefelia, and she had long watched Keldrin work with his own studentry…so surely it could not be so difficult! As for more practical reasons, the distraction might just keep her from all else that haunted her mind…

With a renewed resolve, she fetched up her quill and began to scrawl.

“To Whom It May Concern,

I write to you now expressing my interest in serving the Starseer Institute, though I am certain you are most well-staffed in your renown across the realm. I am aware of my youth and inexperience, but I would be more than willing to offer myself as a “part-of-time” instructor for the studentry of your establishment in order to further aid those who would search for knowledge, and for council.

My qualifications lie in arcane theory, control, manipulation, and study, as well as in literature and history.

The world as it is has been terribly plagued of late, by so many things that a list would seem too long to mar this page, and I would be most understanding if my name would cause more riot than aid within your walls. I merely put forth my willingness to serve, and I thank you most kindly for the consideration taken to read these words.

My deepest gratitude and regards,

Galiae Mortanis

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 7th, '10, 22:47 
Twilight Council

And with turn of mail she received the response:

“To Galiae Mortanis,

We have received your application and we approve. Your benefactors have spoken highly of you.
You will begin next month. Your room will be dorm room #217

Vindel Starseer
Directorate"

Offline Profile