Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 23:29

PostPosted: May 11th, '10, 01:54 
Level 12 Player Character

After hearing people talking about the 'Drunken axe man' and how he was tossing bottles at a girl, Orianna quickly steps forth to those speaking about it. However timid she usually appears and acts, in this situation, she speaks clearly, however politely.

"That man you speak of is no other then my master of weapons training. He may drink, but no matter how 'drunk' he may appear, he is always in control of himself. His name is Micheal and this man is to be admired and respected. He has helped fight to protect this city of Solinar and risked his life on many occasions. You should be ashamed to speak of him that way, and if you did not know this, now you do.... oh and that girl he was tossing bottles at? It was me, he was teaching me in a manner to which he feels comfortable. We cleaned up the mess of glass. My name is Orianna, his student and I will defend his name against any and all slander undeserving!"

And with that, she would bow to them in a respectful manner, and walk away.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '10, 01:17 
Level 12 Player Character

Orianna returned home after the week her master gave her. She was a different person today, for today her father didn't rule her life.

A week before, her father had accused Michael Lyoners of kidnapping Orianna. He couldn't grasp that Orianna had the guts to run away from him, and instead decided he would use his position and power to bribe some city guards to arrest Michael under charges he had no evidence of.

Michael eventually found where she was hiding, and told her what had happened. Her father had thought that this would defeated Orianna and make her return to him, but it failed and backfired, instead... she returned home with more hatred of the man she had been manipulated into believing she loved all her life.

When she returned to Solinar, she stood outside the house, staring at the door. She took a breath... and headed inside. She was about to face the man that had complete control over her, her entire life. She knew he was dieing, his health was bad lately and getting worse. His money could not save him, the clerics could do nothing. Perhaps in his weakened state, he lost his power over her, but whatever the reason, she was in control now as she demanded from a house maid to tell her where her father was. Shocked at Oriannas new found courage and outspokenness, she told her he was in bed, resting.

Orianna marched up to his room, she wasn't going to let sympathy for the dieing man get in the way of what she wanted to say. Once she reached his door, she stopped... and her heart sank, she lost her nerve. She immediately started to cry, silently.. and put her hand over her mouth... What was she DOING?! This was her /father/.. the man that raised her.. provided for her, kept a roof over her head, paid for her training... and now he was dieing, and she ran away from home?! And now she was about to yell and scream and insult him?!... What kind of human being was she?!

She turned away from the door and pinned herself against the wall opposite of the door.. crying. She was so ashamed of herself.... but what about what he had done... what about all the horrible things she had to endure by him over the years? What about what he tried to do to Michael...? There was no excuse for this... and she had to be strong.. and face him. She wiped her eyes, and took out a make up kit she carried on her in case of emergencies.. and corrected the redness around her eyes, and powdered her cheeks to remove the streaks the tears left behind. She looked into the tiny mirror in the kit... satisfied... she took a breath and turned to the door. Walked towards it... and opened it.

There laid the dieing man, looking far older then he should be, sickly and feeble, asleep. Her entrance had not wakened him. She took a good two minutes standing there, watching him. She was fighting back pity and sorrow for him and his condition and gathering her wits of the man she hated but for years was fooled into believing she loved. "Father..." She finally spoke up.

He stirred, but didn't awake.

"Father..!" She said more firm, determined to get this over with.

"... hrhm?.. wha... mm... what is ... Orianna?" He stirred awake.. glancing at her with some surprise. "I see.. you've come home.." he went to grin, but coughed instead.

"I'm not here because of your threats to Michael... father. Which, was despicable, by the way. I am here... to tell you, that it's over." She kept her cool, though it was so much harder for her then she imaged.

"What... what are you talking about girl?" he coughed again. "Don't you dare speak to me th---" She cut him off with a shout.

"I HATE YOU! I ALWAYS HATED YOU, I WANT YOU TO DIE, I WANT YOU TO DIE AND GO TO HELL! THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU WILL EVER CONTROL ME!" Her voice boomed through the house. No one had ever heard her speak so loud, always so quiet and shy and reserved. The entire house went quiet, not a sound existed.

Her words were truer then she thought however.. as her fathers stare at her never faded. But his life did, there on the spot. She didn't notice at first, chest heaving.. waiting for him to say /something/ in defense, or defiance... but it never came. That is when she realized.. he was dead. Her words took the life from him.

Orianna, would never be the same again.

Offline Profile