Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 13:02

PostPosted: May 15th, '10, 22:31 
Level 12 Player Character

"See ya all later, I have someone to murder." He waved his hand towards the crowd of Lotus girls standing on the road. Each of the three Lotus made a comment to him, not one of them believing him, thinking he was just making a typical joking comment as usual. But this time, they were wrong... or maybe wrong, actually he didn't know. But he did know that they didn't think he would at all, that he wasn't serious... he might be serious, it depended on how things played out.

He headed North towards Nherazkar. He hated the trip... it took hours... it was cold and windy.. and miserable.. and even the thoughts of Cecily wouldn't keep him warm. Especially when he promised himself he wouldn't think of her anymore in a manner that would distract him when doing something dangerous, last time he did, he was struck down. And this trip was a dangerous one, he couldn't allow his mind to wander, so he put Cecily at the back of his mind and continued his journey. He promised Cecily he would kill her father, that word.. 'Kill' it had a new meaning to him recently, it also meant change. If someone changed so much, it could mean that the person they used to be no longer exists, essentially.. dead and reborn into this new person.

Depending on how things went with Cecilys' father, he might try and change him into a better man, a father that Cecily could be proud of. She may seem like she wanted him dead.. but Kincaid could see through her, at least he thought he could, and what he really saw was a woman, heart broken over her good for nothing father that never treated her right. She had no foolish notions that he ever would... but she wanted it deep down. No one can say they want a parent who treats them badly, and Cecily was to good a person to truely want her father dead, but she didn't see him changing as possible. Cecily... didn't have the same persuasive skills Kincaid had however, and one way or another.. Cecilys' father, was either going to die, or change. Kincaid was going to see to it.

Finally after many hours he arrived in Kherazkar. He was completely cloaked to avoid as much cold as possible and hooded, almost completely disguised. He made his way to Cecilys' old home, was topped by a guard once to reveal his face to him, but the guard was in a hurry and was satisfied with Kincaid only partially showing his face, his lower half. After that, he picked the meager lock they had on their door, after listening that no one was inside and slipped in. The place was almost as bad as the sewers, maybe it was as bad.. surfice to say... it was bad, smelly, and discusting. He didn't care, he sat in a corner and waited for him to return.

Hours went by and he never returned. Kincaid cursed and found a liquor bottle that had some liquid inside... exactly what it was... he couldn't tell, though it stunk bad. Kincaid crushed some death fistle leaves inside of it, as a future reminder to her father if he later tried to ignore Kincaids demands that he was going to propose later if he did meet him. The leaves would cause severe pain if swallowed and last for hours. He left the house and went to the local pub that he thought Cecilys' mother worked at He tried to disguise his voice when talking to the bar tender, but failed miserably.. sounding more like he had a frog in his throat.

"So, what tail is workin tonight?" He coughed.. and those about him raised their brow at him. Embarassed, he took to normal speech after.

"Sharie and Xavie are 'ere, but don't you be bothering Nick's lasses while we're this busy. We've got patrons to serve, you 'ear? If you want a lass, you'd best be waiting until some of the -others- come in. Or go on down to the madame's. Well. -One- of the madames. Take yer pick."

.."Right." Kincaid looked about the tavern, saw some younger girls being fondled by some nobles, the girls sitting on their laps, but no Cecilys' mom. Then he saw him, her father, sitting in a corner. Piss drunk as usual and alone... as usual. Kincaid approached and sat down on the opposite side the table.

"....Wha ou wan'!?" He asked, barily able to slurr his words.

"An opportunity of a life time hm? Today... is the luckiest day of your life."

"Wha ou taliin' bou!? Can' ye shee...? Ah'm 'ere, enjoyin' me own -compuhny-."

Kincaid reached into his robe.. and into a pouch and takes out a few gold and placed it on the table. "Yours, for just listening."

"Wha're ou? Un o' em fueching -magesh-?" He was eyeing Kincaids long black robes. Though seeing the gold he leaned forward, nose leaking mucas as he did, to inspect the coins as though they might be a mirage.

Kincaid lowered his voice. "You're Cecily's father, yes, or no?"

Before he answered the man did snatch up the coins, with a speed that even startled Kincaid. Kincaid blinked a moment, surprised.. and shook his head a slight bit, not allowing this to destroy his resolve. The man then just glared at Kincaid, half drooling, a real ugly expression. "Ain't got no daughter.... Tha' namesh fur a -witch-."

Seeing as the man was to drunk to have a real talk, Kincaid decided it best to wait till the man was sober, and return another time. He reached into his coin purse placing more coins on the table.

"You want more of these? You'll sober up and stay sober till I see you again, yes?"

Kincaid was a nut, trying to hand a drunk coins... and ask him to sober up? What was he thinking? "HARHAR! My arsh ah will..."

This time Kincaid stood up, glancing about the tavern and walked over to him, leaning close... whispering.. "If ye value your manhood.. and to ever be able to piss again.... you will be sober next I meet you."

The man's upper lip quivered, staring at Kincaid with glazed, piggish eyes, but said nothing.

"A good man... I am your friend.. no reason we can't talk civil, hm?" He dropped a few more gold on his lap.

He snatched up a coin, leering up at the hooded Kincaid as he bit down on a piece--though he continued remaining silent, there was both fear and distrust in those beady eyes.

Kincaid whispered quietly, very close to the mans ear. "What I have to say is important, and can change your life, for the better or worse, your choice.. best be sober when ye hear what I have to say. I'm watching you, don't do anything.... stupid."

The mans upper lip quivered once again, and finally he explodes--the wariness evident in his voice. "Ah be listening to ye when tha time comesh!! Nah be gone ye freuching magesh!!"

Kincaid pats his head and walks off, not really caring to watch him. He would either be sober or not, Kincaid would deal with it then. He went back to Solinar to seek Cecily... but didn't know if he wanted to include her or not...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 12th, '10, 06:26 
Level 12 Player Character

Part 2

It took a few days, but Kincaid eventually went back to Nherazkar. He wasn't overly to concerned if he was drunk or sober. If he was drunk he'd kill him, wasn't worth the trouble, if not, he planned to take him back to Solinar where he would set up his plan.

He arrived in the Fridged city, went to Cecilys old shack of a home, knocked on the door and her father actually answered. He was sober, Kincaid could tell by the look. He also didn't notice the same raunch smell that came from him or the house.... it was actually semi sorta clean from what Kincaid could see from a half opened door.

"oh, It's you.." Her father sounded disappointed, but actually relieved. Likely cause he just wanted this whole mess over with so he could get back to drinking.

"Grab some warm clothes, we are heading to Solinar." Kincaid demanded, not acting like he overly cared about the current improvements of the man.

"Solinar?!" He choked surprised. "Why the hell we gotta---" The look of Kincaid said enough, there was no arguing, he was going. He shook his head... "Gimmie a minute, need ta grab some stuff..."

Kincaid waited patiently and when her father was ready, took him on the long trip back to Solinar.

The entire way back was quiet between the two. Both miserable, both not really caring to be there. Her father did ask though if he planned to take him back, since Kincaid was paying the mans way, food and such. Kincaid informed him not to worry about that, it was unimportant. To which, made the man a little more nervous.

Eventually they made it back, Kincaid put him up in a room for the night. "Leave here, and you die. I have the place watched. Food will be braught as well as water. Just get a good nights sleep, this happens tomorrow."

"What happens?! You have not told me nuthin yet!" He barked at Kincaid, but Kincaid merely closed the room door, and left him to his frustrations.

The next day, Kincaid came back, sat Cecily in an area where her father would not see her, but she could easily hear the conversation. Cecily didn't even know truely what was going on yet, but she trusted Kincaid to let him do what he had to, till he called for her. He went upstairs, knocked on the door, to which her father called from inside. "Tis about time, I'm getting tired of this." Kincaid merely threw open the unlocked door and motioned him to follow. Frustrated, he did and down to the inn where Kincaid had rented the entire area to themselves, so that speaking quiet would only enable Cecily, and them to hear.

They sat, and Kincaid watched him, saying nothing for a good while.

..."Well?.. You brought me here, what do you have to say?" in an angry tone.

"Do you like your life?" Kicnaid asked calmly.

"What sort of question is that?!" He scoffed, still in a very irritated, evasive, attacking tone. "Who are you to be questioning my life anyway? I came here because you threatened me and said you wanted to discuss my bitch of a daughter."

Kincaid reached over and slapped him quickly. Not extremely hard, but enough to warn him, talk like that was a no no. Cecily hearing the slap, gasped softly and covered her mouth. Her father growled at the hit, but got the point and fell silent.

"None of that. We are here to be civil, and if you wish not to be civil, then I won't be civil either. But I have a feeling you aren't easily insulted, insults only make you angry, and won't work. So, for everytime you say something inapropriate, I will hit you, and they may very well get worse. Understand?"

Her fathers face twisted in hatred of Kincaid, he hated Kincaid having all the power and control in this situation, but he had no choice but to obey. He nodded.. "Good man." Kincaid simply said.

"Now, you are going to answer all my questions here.. no matter how much you dislike them and how much you wish to avoid the truth. I may end up killing you here today, /how/ I kill you, is up to you."

"If'n ya going ta kill me, ya might as well get it over with.. why interrogate me before ya do?"

*As I said /how/ you die, is up to you." This was an attempt at making him understand that 'death' may just mean a tranisition into a new life, but he could see on the mans face he didn't get it. He sighed... "Just answer my questions and you may come out of this alive..."

"Fine..." He grumbled barily audible, but Kincaid caught it.

*Good, now.. do you like your life?"

It took a bit for him to say anything, but eventually.. "No, are ya happy? I hate my life, I live in a gods damned shack with no floor, I don't even know where me wife is, probably whoring herself off to some guy right now, and me daughter is..." He stopped himself, seeing Kincaids expression change to a warning to becareful what he said. ".. she is a mage.."

"Good man, see... you're learning, this is good. I may be able to talk sense into you. Now... why is your life like this? Hm? What caused it. And I know.. I know.. you're going to blame society.. misfortune... badluck.. but we both know... that ain't true, hm?"

He glanced at Kincaid, his eyes dark. "And what would you know about anythin'? Nuthin'.... tha's wha'... ya' think ya' know what happened... ya' don't know what it is ta' see ya' crew all die. All of them, not just one or two. All of them. Ya' ship, an' sixteen men dead on the bottom of the sea. I failed. Might as well stay a failure, and let everyone see wha' they expect ta' see."

Kincaid stayed straight faced despite the emotional outburst. "What if I were to turn that around and say... you didn't fail?"

He narrowed his eyes at him. "Impossible... what are ya' talkin' about?"

"You lived, out of them all, /you/ pulled through. You're skill at surviving triumphed all of them. Yeah, they died.. death happens, but it didn't happen to you. /You/ made it. But.." He sat back, watching his eyes closely. "Alot of good you're doing showing everyone this. You might as well /be/ dead."

*"Right about tha'.... " The man glanced around the dark room, seeing some sailors across the bar room and eyeing their mugs of rum, but he didn't say much more, his hands shaking slightly from the addiction.

"When Cecily was born.. you do realise.. you /created/ life, yes?"

"Yeah... I did... tough ta' manage with her ma' not around though. I'm not much fa' women."

"Can't imagine it being easy. Look back to when you first laid eyes upon her, what do you remember about it? About her?"

"She was little an' she cried a lo'... she was always so little." He smirked and then slapped Kincaid on the shoulder like a man giving congratulations for scoring her. "Was quite the fire cracker at the tavern. Slappin' men who took they's liberties with 'er."

"Indeed she is. Despite you, despite anything, she became what you failed to be." Kincaid allowed the 'congradulations', but didn't react to it. "But did you fail? Or have you merely made mistakes?. Answer carefully." Kincaid was willing to kill him based off what he answered.

He frowned, looked away and thought a bit, wrung his hands together in a nervous action, glanced at the drinks at the table across the room, and then forced himself to look away again. "I don't even remember most them times.... ya' know.... where I put the scars on her hand. I don't even remember the day I threw her out hardly. I remember I did it, but .... not much more."

"That's what drinking does to a person.. look.." He leaned forward looking him straight in the face. "I'm giving you a chance here, to become the man you should have been. All those men that died.. yeah, it hurts, it sucks.. but you can either let it kill you, or make you stronger. Your fault or not, you can't make it better if you're dead or drunk. As for Cecily, does it /really/ matter that she is able to make things happen magically? I bet you never really thought about how impressive it is, have you? How beneficial it is?"

"I hear them people turn inta' things... an' they are harmful.. an' they's looking for more power all the time. Studyin' them books in they's towers. While us regular folks do alls the toilin' an' sufferin'. Tha's what I hear., just usin' thems magic ta control everyone else."

"Some do, some don't. You know what really determines it most times?..." He watched him closely...

"Hmm?" He didn't know what Kincaid was getting at, he didn't like being under such scrutiny so he leaned back in his chair.

"The parent." Kincaids stare penetrated him, making sure he realised how serious Kincaid was.

He looked at Kincaid in all seriousness, confused. "Didn't I already fuck tha' up?"

"That's between you and Cecily. If you could change right now, and become the man you should have been, would you?"

"I kept her things where she had been sleepin'.... I didna' change it, thinkin' she would come back. I wouldn't want me either if I were her." He looked away, truely ashamed of himself.

"What she wants...." He sat back now, folding his arms. "..is a father she can respect.. You're not that man right now. But can you be?"

"It would be nice... but... I's not knowin' wha' I can do. Too old... an' I can smell the rum over at tha' table there." He eyed the drinks again, desperately wanting some.

"So you're saying, if you had one day left to live, to have Cecily look at you, and see a man she could respect... you wouldn't take it?"

"Look... I's knowin' wha' ya's tryin' ta' do... an' now that I'm sober, I'd like ta' take the chance. But face it, tha' was about eight years of hurt on her. I wasna' there fa' here, an' when I was... well, it wasna' fun times fa' her. Some things 'sorry' just don't fix. I'll see her iffn' she wants ta'... She's me girl... I want her ta' do well." He was serious, but just not at all convinced. "Are ya' there fa' her? Treatin' her right?..."

"Ask her yourself.." He glanced to where Cecily was hiding. "Cecily, come on out."

She peeked out from behind the wall a moment, seeming unable to move, but soon stepped out, her skirt brushed around her ankles, her curls pulled back from her face, and layed lightly on her shoulders. "He does da'... I'm not afraid ta' sleep." Her words were soft, but seem to hit home as Edward flinched at her last statement.

Kincaid pulled a chair up and patted the seat for Cecily to sit beside him, and he went quiet... allowing the two their time to talk.

Would he have kill him, or would Edward change for her? It all came down to this. Either way, this was the death of Cecily's father, one way or another.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jul 13th, '10, 17:23 
Level 3 Player Character

The street was busy this day as Cecily walked to the docks. In her hands she carried a basket filled with some baked goods she had made. Stepping to a building that was moderately decorated to look like a homey establishment. Being a boarding house that allowed merchants and sailors long term rooms. It cost a bit to rent the place for her father, but it was a good room, and the woman who owned it, cooked good meals. Her father had also met up with one of his old sailor friends, and the Captain had given her father a job, he would be leaving for his first trip in the next week. She knocked once and stepped into the house. Giving a wave at Elise, who was the owner. Cecily pushed her freshly washed curls back behind her shoulder again, and walked to the hallway, moving to where her father's room was. Taking a breath and giving a smile as she reached the door, she lifted her hand and knocked on the door. Hearing a rustling inside of her father, she waited for him to answer.

She stood before her father, the back room of the Inn a little dark, but she shown beautifully in the light of the dim room. Her green eyes shaded, making them look a richer color. Edward looked at her with clear eyes for the first time in a long time. He remembered the days that they had before her mother left. Days where Cecily was too young to remember. They had been a small family then. With Cecily's mother waving at him from the dock as he returned home from a trip, holding little red headed Cecily in her arms. Before he had succombed to his deep depression, before the death of his crew.

Those had been good days. Regret hit him like a boulder to the head. The ache in his heart that he had for those days to return again. Realising that his wife had gone because he had pushed her away. Into the arms of her former profession. She had even been forced after a time to leave little Cecily behind to fend for herself. The cute little child needing to survive on her own because her father couldn't step up and make a life for himself.

"I shouldna' left ya' Cecily. Ya' are lookin' like a good girl... ya's pretty as eva'. Ya' really doin' good?"

She smiled softly, looking to Kincaid. He was a hard man, toughened by life, and made the way he is by his profession, unyielding. Lethal at times. She knew the tender part of him, the part of him that could be kind and giving. The part of him that she knew as he was with her. Her protecter, friend and lover. All of those things made Kincaid who he was, and she was was happy to be with him. He would be her husband soon. "I'm doin' really good, da'... An' I would want thin's ta' be different with us. I don' want ya's hurtin' me. An' I won't let ya'."

"I won't, girl, I want ta' be able ta' see ya's. I've missed havin' ya' around."

"Ya' will be gettin' ya's own place ta' live. An' ya's own job, but I'll help ya' get started. Ya' can't live here at the Inn."

"I'm learnin' a lot... got ta' readin'.. an' ya's can't be gettin' in the way of me studyin', not even me magic. I's gettin' stronger with it, an' ya's can't do anythin' about it, I have tutor's teachin' me an' helpin' me. I's not a witch."

"I know ya's not, I... I's just not knowin', an' afraid of what I don't know. I'll do what I can, an' I won't be no trouble. I just.... I don't want ta' be alone any more. I's been alone since I pushed ya' an' ya's mother away. It's my fault that ya' didna' have a mother."

"It's alright da', we need time ta' heal an' get used ta' thin's. I just want thin's ta' be better."

Her father stepped forward toward her, and he reached out, taking her hands in his. "I promise, I'll be carin' about the livin', an' I've realised tha' ya' are all I got, and I want ya's in me life still."

She stood at the door for a time, waiting for him to answer, but none came. She leaned her head to the door, concentrating on listening to what she could within the door. Heartbeats past, thinking that he would go back to his old drunk self, until she heard the sound. She listened again and it was louder this time, it was a groan. Immediatly after the loud thud followed and she tried the door, but it was locked. Wanting in she touched the door and closed her eyes, seeing in her mind the lock inside the key hole, and creating a fitting key with her thoughts, pushing the tumblers of the lock, and releasing the latch, the door opened quickly, she pushed it open without touching it.

Her father groaned and looked up to her. "Cecily girl... I... " he coughed a bit, his hand shaking and he was sweating. "I want somethin' ta' drink so bad, little girl. I'm tryin not ta'. It's not time fa' me ta' work is it?"

"No, da'.. it's not. What's goin' on?" She set her basket on the dresser, and then reached for him, helping him up. "Ya's sick?"

"I drank for a long time, little girl. It's not easy ta' leave it behind. I want a drink so bad right now."

"Da', it's alright I'm here. I'll take care of ya's. Come on, in bed, I'll get ya's some food an' water, it will help."

He groaned again, his body trembling and sweating as she lay him down in bed, and propped him up on pillows. "I forgot what day it is, I'm sorry... I don't want ta' miss me new job. When do I need ta' go?"

She turned away and began unpacking the bread and cheese she brought in her basket. She gathered up a plate and took it to the bed. Sitting down beside him and giving a smile. "Ya' need a bit of food in ya's stomach... let's take care of ya'. Ya' have another ten-day before ya's workin', an' I'll make sure ya's ready. I promise."

"I dona' deserve ya' doin' this. Thank ya' girl." He greatfully took the bread and began to slowly eat it. Giving a long sigh. "Ya's bein' too nice ta' me."

"Da', it's not about deservin', it's about changin'. An' I'm a might selfish. I'm gonna' be gettin' married an' it would be nice ta' be like a regular girl an' have her da' there."

"Ya's marryin' him?"

"Ya, da'... I am."

"He won't leave ya's like I made ya's mom leave?"

"No... he an' I work ta'gether. It's how we are best. Ya' an' ma' would have made it... maybe she is still alive, an' maybe she will come back."

"I don't know... I'm a bad man, an' I was a terrible husband. I took the easy way out back then. I didna' want ta' face anythin'... she deserves ta' have her life free of a jerk like me."

"Da', ya's gonna' change, an' we don't know what's gonna' happen. Now just eat, an' then ya's gonna rest. I'm gonna scrounge up some broth from the kitchen." She worked around the room, picking up and straightening, and began her work. Sending a message to Kincaid that she would be caring for her father for the next week, and that he could see her there.

Offline Profile