Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 00:38

Post subject: A Search for Answers
PostPosted: May 28th, '10, 01:33 
Level 3 Player Character

((Well since I can't log in for a while I decided I will do the next best thing and RP on the forums, I hope you all enjoy reading this!))

It had been a while since the incident with Nallia's powers reacting to Tammy's blade and she has been searching high and low for links to her family's past, hoping... praying even that she can find just one clue. It has been a hard road but her mind was set with determination and curiousity towards how she came about her special gift. She has always been confident about almost everything, but this was one of those times when even she was unsure of herself at this point. Her only motivation to push on was her best friends Cecily and Delia, and of course her newfound love Arkyn. There were countless others of course that wished to help but it was these three that have formed close bonds with Nallia, even through all her weird quirks and sometimes overly cheerful attitude. She couldn't have wished for better friends then them, she thought as she walked down the beaten path. She had run out of options and there was only one person who would know about her family tree and that was her mother.

Nallia never hated anyone before but the closest she has felt to that horrible emotion was towards her mother. It was she that made her and Enrin outcasts in their own home and it was her that instilled in Nallia that she was some sort of freak. None of that would stop her though from this, because she did not want to lose her only friends because she couldn't control the chaotic powers that have festered in her body until recently. She thought back to the encounter with Tammy's blade, the strong winds and the electricity eruptings from her palms as the blade drew closer to her. It was one of the few times Nallia had been terrified for her life. So it was important for her that she got the answers she seeked, but even so she felt bad leaving Arkyn and the others without so much as a note. They didn't need to get involved with her mother though, this was a fight that she would have to overcome on her own.

There was almost a sureal feeling as she entered the familiar village, not much had changed but it had been at least fifty or so years since she was forced to leave. Everyone was too busy with their daily lives to pay the oddly colorful elf more than a sidelong glance. Nallia didn't mind for she had one goal here and then she would be gone for good this time. She made her way through the winding paths and then she was there, her old house looming over her, giving her a cold, dreadful fear in the pit of her stomach.

It took her a few minutes to muster the courage to knock on the door, and at first nothing happened. She knocked again, but this time harder.... nothing. She then started to pound on the door and then someone yelled from the back, "I will be right with you!" There was no mistaking that voice, it was her mother. The fear only grew as she heard soft footfalls heading to the door, and her body began to tremble as the doorknob slowly turned. The door swung open to a beautiful elf woman, her long brown hair flowing down her back, her hazel eyes flashing from utter surprise to seething hatred for what was her daughter before her.

"I told you never to come here, there is no home for you here monster, nor your freak of sister!" Her mother shouted as she went to slam the door, luckily Nallia had seen this coming and was able to block the door with her body.

"Mother please, I-" Nallia began but was cut off by her mother.

"Don't you dare call me that!" Her mother said with venom dripping from every word. Her hands were firmly placed on her hips, but she made no move to force her out, which was a start.

"Mo- Katlyn, please Nallia just came to ask a few questions about her family tree is all" Nallia's words were soft as she wringed her hands nervously in front of her stomach.

"Still talking in third person I see... well I do know as far back as one person but you don't deserve that you fiend, only my daughters should know that, and you are no longer mine, so get. out. of. my. sight!" Her mother broke of each word to add emphasis to them. Finally something in Nallia snapped, something inside her burned in her stomach as her vision blurred with tears. She raised her hands out to her sides, lightning crackling in each palm as she stared death at the woman formly known as her mother.

"I am sick, and TIRED of you pushing me and Enrin around!! Now tell me what you know -mother-!" She shouted as tears rolled down her cheeks, as rage rampaged inside of her for once in her life.

"V-Valendirn! Y-Your great grandfather, n-now leave o-or...or..." Her mother stammered out as it was her turn to feel fear.

The storm that was Nallia's rage lessened, but not by much as she lowered her hands, but then raised them and a bolt of lightning shot forth at the sky as Nallia cried out in pain and anger and then glared at the woman before her. "You are not Nallia's mother, nope nope... you stay away from us, because we are done with you." With that she bolted from the home and ran until her legs gave out underneath her, she curled up into a ball and weeped until sleep finally took over. It was going to be a long trip back..

((Well there you have part 1, I will add in a few more parts as the week drags on, hope you liked it =D))

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: A Search for Answers
PostPosted: May 28th, '10, 07:36 
Twilight Council

A chill wind rose among the treetops as the young elf departed, and a pair of content eyes watched her leave.
"My daughter. Yup. Yup." - the figure smirked, fading into the gloom.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 28th, '10, 15:38 
Level 3 Player Character

Nallia awoke the next morning feeling horrible. The events of the previous day weighed heavily on her mind as she felt that her actions were not the best. At least she had gotten a name, Valendirn, her great grandfather. The only thing left for her to do now was head back home to friends and loved ones, but her legs would not obey her as she sat curled up by a large tree. Her soft sobs echoed through the woods as she buried her face into her arms.

"Nallia should n-not of done that to Mommy... she is mean but she is still family, yup yup." She stammered on to herself, the mere action of talking making her feel just a little bit better. "It is too late.. now Mommy hates Nallia even more and Enrin will not like what I have done, nope nope... what do I do Papa?" She asked up to the sky, tears streaming down both cheek as she almost half-expected an answer. Her Papa was the best thing in her childhood, and he is gone. She knew though that Arkyn waited for her though. She smiled at the thought.

Nallia had never expected to find love, being as she was, heck she didn't even expect to make so many friends. She met Arkyn not so long ago during a trek to thin out goblin numbers in the mines at the Myst Forest. The two of them became fast friends during this little adventure of sorts and it grew from there. He had not once minded her "strangeness" and often he would say that made her a beautiful individual. This caused for her stomach to grow, as she put it, warm and fuzzy inside. At first she thought that was just friendship at its best, but then she started to question if it might be more. The days dragged by and the two of them went on countless adventures, most ending well, and always he would say things that made her feel happy and even pretty. She knew she wasn't ugly, but never had she thought herself to be beautiful, simply just Nallia. That all changed with Arkyn. Soon she found herself getting nervous around him, her words spewing out in a jumble mess. This caused her fear and she went for advice from Delia, she in return giggled and told Nallia that it was normal for a person in love to feel this way. So it was offical, Nallia was madly in love with Arkyn, and she couldn't be more happier at the news. However there was one finally hurdle to leap over, and that was telling him how she felt. This brought her more fear than any battle had ever given her, as she feared rejection or that he didn't feel the same. The next day was the day she spilled forth her heart to him, and it had caught him off guard. He told Nallia that he needed time to think things over, for he felt the same way, but a good person such as her deserved an answer that was one hundred percent true. This brought Nallia both joy and crushing nervousness as the days continued on as "normal". It was quite a few days later that after an undead attack on the south plains had ended with a hurt Nallia that, after healing, he took her off to the side. It was there that he confessed his love to Nallia, and caused her heart to fill with joy to the point of bursting. From that day forth the two were offical a "couple".

Nallia sighed with happiness as she looked up at the retreating sun and realized she just wasted the whole day! Oh well, she thought as she giggled and snuggled against the tree. "You would like Arky, Papa, he makes Nallia happy, just like you did, yup yup!" She said, grinning her usual toothy grin and then rest her head back on the tree, her mind slowly slipping to dreamland. "I... I know you are looking out for Nallia, and I will make you proud, Papa." It was with that last statement that she had finally fallen asleep and tomorrow started her journey back home, to friend and to the person that made her feel normal.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 28th, '10, 21:52 
Twilight Council

Mew - she heard and opened her eyes, enthusiastically. It has been weeks since she heard the mew. Since her companion had left with a... lover.
Mew - many mew, even.
And opening her eyes, she saw - perhaps cats deserve love too - five kittens and Rhynwen in the grass.
"Well, just about time you woke up already!!" - the fey cat scolded her.
"Got milk?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 30th, '10, 03:56 
Level 3 Player Character

Nallia would gasp softly and rush over to Rhy. "Rhy you are back but... how did yo- KITTIES!" She would proceed to pick up and huggle all five kittens, giggling with sheer joy. "Oh Rhy I need your help, do you know where Nallia could ssaaaaay find information of a person, like my great grandpa?" She looks over Rhy with hopeful eyes, clasping her hands near her chin.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 30th, '10, 08:10 
Twilight Council

"I'm a cat not a tracker... and I'm hungry!" - the cat pawed at her with one of its forelimbs, giving her an expectantly demanding look.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: May 30th, '10, 19:32 
Level 3 Player Character

"Well I guess I do still got some milk from the trip if you want it, annnnnd I know how much you like acorns so I have been collecting some for whenever you returned, yup yup! That is alright Rhy, I just thought being as smart as you are that you would at least know where to look, but Nallia will find sooomething." She says, giggling with joy as she pulls out the milk and pours it into a small dented bowl in front of Rhy. She then reaches into her belt pouch and pulls out five acorns, setting them next to the bowl, grinning a bright toothy grin. "Eat up!"

Offline Profile