Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 15:52

Post subject: Hellraiser 2010
PostPosted: Jun 13th, '10, 21:21 
Twilight Council

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5XFLS8Kyto

Prelude -1- Hindsight

"I would rather die than have the help of the likes of you." - The necromancer growled, shooting a hateful glance at the female monks lined up in the dark inn room. Zalla took her time to ponder holding her tongue back, Delia seemed frightened, Catrine took her time to let her mistress speak and Mianiel decided to comment - harshly as always, but the comment was found bouncing off the thick skin of the mage.
"Guards! Elves! Here quickly!"
The ladies left and silence settled over the inn room once again, only the tapping of a walking stick against the boarded floor broke the momentary peace, as a hunched, robed figure made his way towards Mortanis, accompanied by two guards.
"It has been a while, son." - the deep, hoarse voice spoke.
"I am no son to you. What do you want, Cage?" - Keldrin continued his paperwork, setting the countless papers with elegant cursive and a stamp where required.
"Oh you know... paying my respects. You wouldn't happen to still be upset because of our former encounter?" - The ragged figure settled by his side at the narrow bar table, the guards shuddering tensely in their armour, the green smoke breaking free from the hatches betraying the Ghoul Rot they have been infested with.
"Please. I'm above that sort of thing."
"Good... because it is nothing compared to what We have in store for you."
"I look forward to it."
The detonation went off and was heard as far down as the docks, the inn burning down, crumbling unto itself. Mortanis was seen leaving the premises but a moment early with hasty elegance with his baffled wife by his side.

o)||(o

Prelude -2- Destiny

The running steps of high heels caught her attention as she was practicing her Eighteen Hands of Lo-Han inside the monastery. Her scarlet curls flowing down her back, her bag settled in the corner with a lazy looking cat sleeping on top of it. The disciple bowed, slightly agitated.
"What is it, Evalia?"
"Mortanis was taken by the devils.. just outside the Monastery an hour ago. Delia and Zalla were there! What are your orders?"
"Get me Mia and Cat." - The girl bowed again and disappeared in a puff of shadowmist, hurrying her way to find the order masters. Anni bundled up her belongings, strapping on her exquisite leather boots capped in ornate metal at the knees, heels and toes, setting the kitten loose through a low window.
"So it begins."

o)||(o

Prelude -3- Darkest Hour

Solinar reports speak of a day of darkness in the lands. Armies were seen in massive movement, the Sylvan and Ghazakiin forces battling against devils outside of the walls. The armies of Hell were seen to march against the defenses of the earthen forces - and thanks to the Domoritan Preserverate and a band of brave heroes, Solinar has been kept safe.

Rumors speak of the necromancer Keldrin Mortanis having met his doom the day before, carried away into the Hells where he belongs. The free people of Solinar rejoice.

o)||(o

Prelude -4- Departure

"What are you going to do?"
"You know all too well, Shaylan."
"Take this... it is a key that opens doors without keyholes..."
"I want you to know that if I don't return this time... I love you."
"That is why you will return."

The teleportation beacon from the top of the mage tower was seen nationwide. Guards and adventurers hurrying to the site, only to find a solemn ghazakiin girl...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Hellraiser 2010
PostPosted: Jun 13th, '10, 21:29 
Twilight Council

Status of the land during Hellraiser

Reports speak of an extreme amount of paranormal activity, increased risk of haunts and apparitions as well as smaller creatures such as imps wreaking random havoc nationwide.

The Ghazakiin have been seen marching again, like years before - but when asked, they only respond along the lines of "Time will tell. Please forgive us, there is much to be done."

The Sylvan forests stir, Ents and other magical creatures roam freely in plain sight, seeking to put out any source of unnatural. The druidic groves are alight with the totemic fires and warpaint has been donned on every face from Roburan to Arathan.

Diplomatic efforts have been made between Solinar and Nherazkar to keep peace for the unholy times, at least as long as necessary. The outcome is yet to be seen. Warlord Remmington has refused the last offer, many wonder if he will now that the situation is so dire, as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 24th, '10, 14:16 
Twilight Council

Group 1 - Ground Zero

They hurried to visit the white mages of Solinar, only to learn that Galiae has left by herself to retrieve her husband. It was no surprise that those who liked the heartful sorceress would throw themselves into Hell, no matter the consequences. For this reason the Archmage Council in synergy with two of the Ancients - The Archmage of the Realm himself and his brother, The Creator, have decided to put the foolhardy lot to a test.

Sending them through a sophisticated simulation they would gauge their capability of surviving in such a hostile environment, and they weren't pleased at all. What there was left to do, however - they needed Group 1 to do as they were required - to stop Galiae from doing something stupid and to make enough of a racket for the lord of the upper hells to be hit by surprise.

Group2 - Hellraiser

"We will take it to the doorsteps of the Betrayer" - He said, taking a sip from the crystalline cup in his left hand. His raspy voice carried far in the room, the land's most fabled heroes turning their attention to the Archmage of the Realm as he spoke.
"For this purpose I will have both Anni and Josh go first." - He looked between the man who calls himself only a wanderer and the energetic young girl with a fond smile almost out of character of this elderly grouch.
"Nathan will make sure that Group 1 can make it to Galiae. This requires extreme caution. Take these armbands, they will hide your heritage for the time being." - Offering the blacksmith a pair of shillan handcuffs, similar to what Galiae and Shaylan are wearing, he stepped forth. Nathan responded with a mere nod, taking the bracers. "I'm doing this for Galiae, not for you, old man." - he thought to himself, but the rebelliousness of his youth seeming to subside under the weight of his responsibilities, he never said a word out loud.
"Rakanor has his own agendas here. I hear your partner is in Group one." - He turned to the towering dragonkin, whose regal posture made him look like a scarlet statue of defiance in the farther corner. With the embers of his skull though his nostrils and eyes seething, he spoke.
"I am getting us some help, Sha'randokur. The Insyyach-Anrah-Othobak of my kind. There is no better ally for us to have down there." - He stood only to speak and stepped back into the darkness of the corner, the eyes turning from him to the wizard once again.
"As for the rest of you." - He spoke, but a young girl's cheerful voice piped up, Lindra Baelnaar of the Lotus, angel of Sanctuary's vessel hopping up from her chair, blurting it out somewhat shyly but with unearthly determination at the same time, in fluent elven.
"We all know what to do, Ar-Isthar! Allow us to go now, please, there is much to be done!" - The crowd rumbled for a moment, mostly in agreement and some in disdain of such disrespect, the rumour only quelled by the chuckle of The Creator from his silent seat.
"The child sees it all too well, Shandallain. Get this show on the road, brother."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Jun 24th, '10, 14:51 
Twilight Council

Group 1 - Carnival of Rust

They stood on the gigantic arena's stairs, looking around at the gathering crowd of planar nobles and scum, all kinds of species that traverse Hell's first layer of Limbo. Shambling to the ring a rotting undead figure in his striped pants and top hat of which the top was hollow, The Ringmaster raised his arms high with the palms out ceremoniously.

"Creatureeeeees... and Entities!" - He started, beckoning silence from his audience, he sucked a maggot back into his skull with a disgusting slurp.
"Toniiiight! Only here in the Carnival of Rust! Only for you! Only this once!" - The jiggle of his facial flesh as more maggots climbed forth almost made some of the adventurers hurl as it turned towards them.
"Our guest feature - earthen champioooooons...!" - Delia covered her eyes with a little gasp, burying her face in Zalla's left sleeve, only to look up as the bars of the farthest arena gate moved with the clanking of chains.
"...Against Da'Kahl - Harbinger of Malice!! May Asgaroth have mercy on your souls." - The Ringmaster disappeared in a teleportation beacon and the towering demon made its way towards the gathering group of Veneroth, Sytharis, Mithrim, and Illiani.
Among the crowd a silent figure watched the battle unfold, anticipating the fall of these adventurers - whom realized all but too late that the demon cannot be defeated through violence.
Tearing Veneroth apart the demon burned itself away by the blood of the son of his former arch-nemesis, Roland Argos. Melting to a mere heap of bones, leaving the young man frozen in his own blood, the demon was slain.
Jumping into the arena holding the Lance of Longinus, the mysterious figure warded off The Ringmaster as it was trying to claim Veneroth as his own.
"Archibald Sylence! What are you doing here?! Guards!! Guards!! Capture this criminal!"

Group 2 - Departure

"We will meet Anni once she gets Davy Jones to sail the adventurers down the Styx. This will be a stretch to our plans but we cannot allow them to go through Hades right now on their own. Only Zalla would be ready for such an encounter. In many regards Hades is more dangerous than any of Hell."
- Glortor'Rai Glaud'Har explained and the adventurers whispered among themselves for a moment.
"Rakanor has already made his own way into Limbo and will contact the ancestor in time."
"Perhaps going on his own was slightly arrogant though?" - A golden dragonkin asked.
"I am not worried about him, Edwin." - said a dark robed figure from the back, the golden wings of the man with his graying scarlet temples lowering so he could see who it was.
"Focus on the task at hand. Go and triumph."

Nathan left for Kubhar city, only to arrive too late to a scene of Illiani dragging the unconscous Mithrim to get away from the guards of The Ringmaster.
Rumbling through the Hells an army of legendary champions of every nation entered the chamber of Souls, only to be thwarted by the illusion of Alecto, the Fate of Lost Souls herself.

Offline Profile