Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 17:49

PostPosted: Jun 26th, '10, 20:42 
Twilight Council

A small gnomish man sat, sifting frenzied through his schematics; a massive nose sweeping over the surface of the writ atop which perched a pair of spectacles fitted with zoom functions which slot into place as his frantic motions increase; a shadow looming in the corner, like the cause of his frustrations and fear.

"It can't be done! It simply can't! We have schematics for mithril, adamantium, steel, brass, iron, bronze and copper but, diamondsteel is a very well kept secret! I cannot do it!"

A boot covered in iron chains swayed lazily from the shadow into the light and back time and time again as the shadowy assailant kept a relaxed composure, listening the excuse after excuse as the gnome prattled on and on about technicalities; things that bored the man in great depth. His voice followed the boot; calm and sophisticated with a hint of darkness tinting the sides; enough to bring a shiver to ones spine.

"You can make a city that will tunnel through the earth. You have created the finest things this world has seen; explosives even, cannons, battle walkers twice the height of man... and you claim that you cannot make an arm out of diamond steel? Your excuses make me... and my wallet... fatigued. Perhaps it is best I leave."

The gnome interjected with the thought of such a large sum of money leaving his office.

"No!! no no, i'm sure we could do it, i'm sure of it.. We... we... we-we-we would just need uh... enough material to experiment on! That and some time, some time is all, and the materials, yes! Perhaps if you could get the metal from the dwarves and return, we could craft you something!"

After half rising the shadowy figure landed back on the seat, leg swaying once again in its casual way as it had prior.

"And until then...? What can you offer me until then, gnome? To keep my interest fresh... What can you give me until I have this ancient metal? Mithril perhaps? I need something strong, durable, tough, something that won't break, and until now all you're saying is that on the condition that I find the materials you'll -try- to make something that -might- not work. Unless you've a substitute for the mean time I shall go without, and so shall your children and wife. What say you to that?"

// Feel free to reply to this, some other DM. =3

Offline Profile