Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 15:21

Post subject: The surface
PostPosted: Aug 3rd, '10, 14:16 
Level 3 Player Character

The Dark elf had been running for what seemed like hours, sweat was dripping from his brows and the andrenalin was pumping. He stopped running when he reached the ruined city, Rulan'Gar. He proceded towards a tunnel leading up when he was done gasping for air. Kron found four portals at the end of the small tunnel - he pondered for a few moments, unsure which one to enter. Voices echoed through-out the ruined city, it was clearly Dark elves still at his tail. Kron quickly jumped through one of the portals, unsure where he would end up - seconds later he appeared in what seemed to be another underground tunnel. He followed the tunnel up which led to a cave infested with goblins. He was used to dealing with goblins back when he was a guard in Tsaur'Rothan. Most of the goblins stayed back, suprised to see a Dark elf so close to the surface, those who didn't were quickly dealt with.
Kron found the cave entrance which led outside to the surface world - a place he has never been before. It was luckily dark... and raining.
As he exited the cave and entered the forest he took a look around, taking in a deep breath. His ears twicthed when he heard some branches snap in the eastern part of the forest. It was a human male making a camp - He was wearing a Starseer plate armor and a helmet held in his hand, from the Academy.
Kron were studying the human for a while, hidden in the shadows. That uniform would make it easier to wander the surface undetected he thoght to himself.
Kron lied down on the ground not far from the humans camp, suddenly screaming:

"ARGH! HELP!" Kron knows a little common, but he speaks with a accent.

The human immediately ran towards Kron.

"What's going on?? Are you all right!?"

Kron made a few gurgleing sounds, lowering his voice... signaling for the human to come closer, and so he did. He slowly kneeled down besides Kron and as he was within an arms reach Kron quickly jammed his dagger, which was hidden beneath his cloak, up through the humans jaw - almost instantly killing him.

"Fool.." Kron smirked to himself as he undressed the human, grabbing his equipment. He then dumped the corpse in the nearby river and made his way towards the crossroads.

The human was known as William Scott.

Last edited by TheLichKnight on Aug 4th, '10, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: The surface
PostPosted: Aug 3rd, '10, 22:30 
Twilight Council

Dark Elven chains faction armor as reward. It's under medium armor I believe. Mark it plot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Aug 12th, '10, 20:26 
Level 3 Player Character

Kron had returned from the Orcwoods. He had just entered Solinar to do a little business, the market seems to give him good deals. A moment later he see's Kincaid walking through the market square - acompanied by some human, a rich one by the looks of it.

"There is the city's comedian... more like the city clown." Kron thoght to himself with a frown on his face.
The two of them walked right past Kron, but then the 'nobleman' stopped and turned around. "You there! May I employ you for a moment, sir?"
"Hey! It's my smaller twin!" Kincaid joked, which Kron just ignored.
"Depends..." Kron looked at the two suspiciously, then continued "Employ me for what, exactly?"
The 'nobleman' quickly replied "You see, I have a spot of trouble that needs sorting and I believe a pair of... Trained hands might be beneficial, Your armor denotes such." Kron smirked faintly, then added "Very well, as long as there is payment involved."
"Of course." The nobleman smiled to them both before turning around - leading them through the city and into a taveren.
As they walked inside Kron sniffed the air and a frown quickly formed on his face. "Filthy surfacers..." he thoght to himself.
"If you could both wait here for a moment?" Kincaid nor Kron replied. Kron was just stareing at the floor, waiting patiently. Kincaid were watching Kron, he could feel it. Most likely looking over his gear.

Soon after the 'nobleman' returned from the basement "Mister Kincaid, if you would." He motioned to the door leading downstairs. "Our associate here will mind the door for us."
Kincaid nodded to the man, then glanced back at Kron and smirked arrogantly before heading downstairs. "Bastard." Kron thoght to himself. "I didn't come all this way to watch a door!" He waited a good long moment before following Kincaid downstairs as quietly as he could... which wasen't as quietly as he had hoped. Kincaid had probably heard him already, nevertheless he continued on a little further. He found a nice spot behind a few kegs filled with ale.

"Ahh, Kincaid, I've heard much about you." A voice said.
"That would be me. I'll spare the comedy. And I'm glad to hear it." Kincaid replied. "What are you up to Kincaid?..." Kron thoght to himself as he listened in.
"We have a common associate and thank you, as that does tend to get in the way. We have a spot of work in Westport that needs your attention."

"Truely, and what would that be?" Kincaid replied.

"It appears a rabble of unruly fresh-meat has turned up, rather publicly making a mess of things, they seem to think that the docks belong to them. The local authorities are letting it slide, for now, they belive the whole mess will sort itself out eventually." The stranger explained, then added -

"And that, my boy, is where -you- come in." Kincaid rubbed his chin, thinking it over.

"Questions?" The stranger asked.

"None yet, I assume the details of what you want will be next."

"We need you to deal with them, you have a free reign in this. Kill them, coaerce them, bribe them."

"Ah, thoght so. Are they easily spotted? Wear a signia?"

"They have atleast half a dozen men, yes, all outfitted in steel. It seems they make quite a fuss on a regular basis, I imagine it will be a simple act to find them. How you perform will be the basis of how you're rewarded."

Kron moved slightly, which resulted in his chainmail rattling ever so slightly.

"Please show our guest in." At those words Kron tensed as he obviously were discovered.

"Indeed, I was wondering if he ever were going to show himself." Kincaid said. He knew Kron was there all along.
Kron stepped out from behind the kegs.
"... Greetings."

"You're not very good at following orders, are you?"

"Not when it comes to watching a door."

The human who Kincaid has been speaking with rubbed his jawline. "What to do with this one..."

"Well, he was going to find out what to do eventually. Just saved me the work of telling him." Kincaid said, looking to the human, then back at Kron.

(( Part 2 comeing up very soon! ))

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 7th, '10, 21:20 
Level 3 Player Character

The three of them were standing in the basement, discussing business. It was very dark - the only light down there came from the door leading upstairs. That wasen't a problem for Kron though, he can see quite well in the dark.

"But now he gets less pay."

"Oh really?.." Kron says disbeliveing.

"You, come here." The human says in a commanding tone.
Kron hesitates, but does as told. He steps closer to the two, his hand resting on the hilt of his axe.

"I wouldn't bother." Kincaid said. They are both keeping an eye on him. The human dosen't react on it.

"You have been brought here to ensure mister Kincaids safety, as it were. Not by your skill or merit, but by mere pressence. You've been selected because of what I imagine weak minds might consider an 'intimidating' pressence."
"... And rightfully so." Kron thoght to himself. Kincaid chuckles lightly.

"... And for this instance, it looks as if you will suffice." He added. His eyes falling to the markings on Kron's loincloth.

"And if I refuse to watch over this...human?" Kron said with contempt towards Kincaid, looking him up and down.

"Then you will go on your merry way without a word and without a sack of golden tradebars, and if you speak of this to anyone, then you will find you do not wake upon the 'morrow." The human said firmly.

"... and less chance of paying work later." Kincaid added.

"-No- chance of paying work."

".. Very well, I'll do it."

"Say you're my babysitter once and you will regret it."

"You don't scare me, Kincaid."

"Splendid, you will find your time in the employ of mister Kincaid to be a beneficial one, as he is now your employer. Be that as it may, if -he- does not frighten you then allow this as food for though. -I- will personally see to your demise."
Both Kron and Kincaid tenses at his words.

Kincaid broke the silence "Don't worry, Dark elf. I'm a really nice guy, just take my puns with a grain of salt."

".. Whatever you say. To Westport, then?" As much as he hated working for Kincaid, he had to admit it could be quite beneficial.

"Westport, yes, from there, do as you see fit, just ensure that these "uprisings" do not accur again..." Kron nodded once and Kincaid replied "I'll make sure of it. Come, dark elf." Together they leave the basement and the taveren. Heading towards the travelers caravan.

".. How did you learn of my... origin?" Kron looked at him curiously as they walked through the city.
"You're an elf and you dress dark, hence dark elf. What, you're really a Drow?"
A long moment went by before Kron finnaly responded.
"... Perhaps."

"Ever been to Westport?" Kron shaked his head no. "Hm, well, here is your chance." They jumped onboard the wagon after paying the halfling and so they were on their way to Westport.

They arrive at the docks in Westport hours later, it was now in the middle of the night. They both strecthed as they jumped off the wagon. It had been a long journey - and the city were quite alive despite the hour. Up ahead a soldier were trying to get 'friendly' with a prostitute. A beggar came walking towards Kincaid and Kron - "Alms! Alms for the pooooar!"

Kincaid looked the man over briefly "Why certainly, will 10 do?"

"Prosperous friends! Prosperous indeed! Why not 20?" The beggar outbursted. "...Best make it 23." He added.

"Show me to the docks, pay that girl for a good time and I'll make it 40." Kincaid gestured to the prostitute.

Kincaid paid the beggar, and after counting the coins with a toothless grin he told the two of them about a man called Caverri and his gang. The description fitted much those they were looking for and so they continued further north into the Docks. It sounded like a party were going on up ahead.
"Harr harr! Then I tol' em, stuff it YOU SLAAAGH!"

Kincaid were flashing his money belt, trying to get their attention.
"What's this? a party?"

"OIT! Silence, y'fool.. what's this?" Caverri narrowed his eyes at Kron and Kincaid, but not noticeing the money belt. "Private party, push off!"
The small encampment nestled against the cities wall is filled with empty bottles and a few dead bodies.
Kincaid played stupid by putting his hand over his mouth while pushing Kron back with his free hand. "Ohhh..sorry sorry..." Kron had a confused look on his face, not sure what Kincaid was up to. "Yeah, you best turf off!" Caverri shouted, his men laughing.
"Was just looking for some traders to spend my good money on.. don't mean to disturb..."
"Actually, no, you come 'ere." Caverri points at Kincaid. "Since you ruined our party, I recon you owe us, say, a thousand?"
"A /thousand/?"
"A /THOUSAND/!" Kron frowns at this.
"That's alot of money..."
"Is i' worth yer life? Boys!" Caverri motiones for the men behind him. They swagger forward.
Kron leans slightly forward, whispering "They are drunk.. shouldn't be too hard."

(( All right finnaly got part 2 done (I got lazy), only one more part to go which is the more interesting one and the one where Kincand and Kron split up, so our posts wont be as similair. I hope you enjoy despite my horrible and confuseing writeing :) ))

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 7th, '10, 23:54 
Level 3 Player Character

Cavveri stands with a smirk on his face as his men moves towards Kron and Kincaid, to prove his point. Kron stands ready with his hand resting on the hilt of his battleaxe. Kincaid however, continued with his plan.

"..my life.. well.. no, no it isen't.. i'll pay, i'm very sorry for disturbing you.." Then Kincaid turned his head slightly towards Kron and putting his hand on Kron's chest, to whisper.
"We do nothing yet."
"Yeah, you are, fork it over!"
Kron grunts, annoyed but does as told. "Here.. we will just be on our way now.." Kincaid handed over a money pouch with around 1000 coins in it to the nearest goon. "... Out.. out of curiousity.." Kron had to admit that Kincaid is a good performer. "Yerr?[/b]"
"Somebody did mention.. that the great Caverri was here at the docks.. would that be you?
"
"Hrr tol' ya boss, people startin' t'know" One of the drunk goons said.
Cavveri cuffed the man firmly behind the ear with the pommel of his sword. "Shut it!"
"... Yeah that's me."
"A powerful man.. I must say, i'm curious what you're doing at this pitiful place."
"Takin' over, y'see!"
"Oh.. well. Then I guess you're the man to do business with... I don't want to anger ya, what would it take to ensure we get in good?" Caverri rubs his jaw, thinking it over. "Wha' business is this?" Caverri's goon nearest to Kincaid and Kron nervously keeps an eye on Kron.

"Well, perhaps.. a fee to ensure we get top trading..?"
"Top tradin', eh? You wan' access to our boats, eh?" Caverri rubs his jaw before continueing "Mmh, no' as of ye' but if'n you reckon you can.. say.. help with fundin's, I don't see why not, capiche?.
Way I see i', there's a gapin' 'ole in the market here. Seems everyone's afraid to stand up and break the status quo, ge' my drift?
"

"Perfect! I have a large load of expensive goods I could use help with retriven, I was looking for a good place to store it, maybe you could lend me some of your men to help gather them?" Kron folds his arms, shifting the weight from one leg to the other. Caverri rubs his jaw again "'Ow many of my men?"
"Three?" Caverri frowns, but nods. "Where's yer stuff then?"
"Back on the boat, storage level. They can work with my man here to carry the loads." Kron leans forward again to whisper. "What boat should I take them to?... Before I end them, that is." Kincaid turned his head slightly again to reply in a hushed voice. "You can kill them, if you need me I'll assist, and the boat where we came from." Kron nods once "Very well... I'll handle them."
"Shall we?" Kron said, looking at Cavveri's men. "Mmm, sounds prosperous, bu' you stay 'ere right?" Caverri taps the side of his head, then continues. "I'm a canny one, me, no funny business, even if you're a trader."

"Well I was going to direct which cargo was to come first, but I suppose my man here knows what I need. Start with the Linen."
Kron nods at that.
"Yeah, you tell him whats what, he can have my mens strong back."
Caverri knocks his knuckles on the breastplate of the man to his left. "You take two of the fresh'ns, prefferable those who haven't had /too/ much to drink today." The man sniffs disdainfully "You sure about this?" Caverri then backhands the man, his mail glove splitting the mans lip down to the chin. "When did I ever ask your opinion!?"
"Come along, then." The man staggers slightly, holding his face with murder in his eyes. He then waves to two others, nodding curtly. Kron leads the three men away from Kincaid and Caverri, towards the boat far south. "Best hurry, the weather looks to be getting bad. Don't want all my linen getting wet."

They reach the ship, the three men approach nodding to Kron. "Here is the ship. After you, gentlemen."
The three of them boards the ship, walking across the plank one at a time, however, Kron walks up behind the man at the back, grabbing him around the throat as he stabs him in the right side of the neck with a concealed dagger. Blood squirts all over Krons chain and down his front as the lifeless body tumbles sideways into the water.
A sailor appears from the alley. "'Ere! Wha' you doin' on my bloody boat?![/b]" Briefly after he realises what's going on and so he quickly backs away, vanishing into the dark alley again.

The second goon tries to draw his longsword but it gets caught on his belt. Kron however, quickly draws his axe from the belt and slings out his shield at the ready.
The third goon smoothly unsheathes his longsword, pushing the second goon with the sword stuck in the belt, infront of him - using him as a human shield. "[b]Ack! Boss!
?"
Kron sets his feet apart, his shield at the front, then dashes towards the two, the shield still infront, bullrushing them by using his shield as a ram. He runs directly into the 'human shield'. The shield hitting him firmly, steel clashing against steel. The wind is knocked out of the goon and he is crushed between shield and man.
Kron stumbles backwards after the impact, however he quickly gains his balance again.
The third goon puts his shoulder up against the 'human shield's back, trying to hold him in place while he gets his longsword up and ready. The gangplank creaks... Kron steps down on solid land again.
"Lay down your sword and I will grant you a quick death."
"Very funny, the way I see it, I got you outnumbered and outskilled!" sweat beads his forehead, the fear is obvious in his eyes. However, Kron decides to play along.

"Perhaps you're right.. it's not worth it." Kron takes yet another step backwards, in hope of getting the goon out on the gangplank.
The goon plants one foot on the gangplank, the 'human shield' is squirming and about to lose conciousness. The goon holding him raises his sword, elbow bent, aiming it over his 'human shield's shoulder. Kron takes another step back.
"Yeah, so you just hop off and we'll have your friend and forget you were with him, yeah?" Kron takes a final step back, then replies.
"He is not my friend, do with him as you like."
"I plan to, after I split you like a dog!" The goon throws his 'human shield' sideways into the water, his armor filling with water instantly, the weight of the steel dragging him to the bottom.
The goon goes to rush forward along the plank, his sword raised high - most likely for a downward strike. Kron also rushes forward at this, he smashes his axe into the plank and his shield held high, covering his head. The sword comes crashing down upon Krons shield, skittering along it's slanted edges harmlessly as the gangplank splits - he falls through the crumbling oaken wood and into the dock water. Kron stares into the goons panicly widen eyes with a wicked grin as the man slowly sinks to the bottom.

Kron quickly ran back to Kincaid and Caverri, who were still chatting.
"'Ey your mate been takin' his time-- oh, there he is... where's your..." Caverri's jaw dropped, Kincaid turned around as well. "They are on their way." Kron had completely forgotten about the blood. "They better be."
"Then whos blood is that!?" Caverri shouted, then Kincaid also looked at Krons bloodstained armor and axe "... What the hell did you do!?" Kron suprised by the way Kincaid reacted, wasent sure what to say. At this point he thought Kincaid had doublecrossed him. "Uh..."

"You what?" Caverri raises his arm momentarily, as if to grab Jarl, but his bluff clearly catches him off-guard. "I.. uh..." Kron glanced behind him, then back at Kincaid. Unsure of what to do. "I knew you would betray me! Caverri, tell your men to kill him! Ten thousand for his head!"
"You heard him men! GET HIM!" The last three remaining men dashes towards Kron."
"Now hold on a moment!.." Kron still haven't figured it out, however he runs for it. Back towards the ship again, however, halfway down the street he takes a sharp turn and hides up against the wall.. waiting for the men to get closer. The three men come racing down the docks, but stops as a scream is heard from the direction they left. The man in the front nudges one of them "Go see what that was!"
".. It sounded like the boss."
"That's why I want you to go see!"
"What!? and miss out on the ten thousand!?"
"Shut it you slagh! just go!" One of them walks back towards Caverri and Kincaid, grumbleing all the way.
"I think he went this way!" The remaining two begins sprinting down the docks again, but then Kron leaps forwards, from behind the wagon - he quickly kneels down on one knee, his shield infront - covering his entire body and head.
The first man runs directly into Kron, slamming into the shield at full speed, rolling over the kneeling dark elf and landing with a heavy thud several feet behind him, air rushing out of his lungs.
Kron however, is pushed down at the impact, he hisses loudly at this.
The second man manages to skid to a halt, drawing his longsword -He takes the advantage to rush forward, bringing his sword down. Kron however quickly gathers a handful dirt filled with small rocks and throws it into the mans face in a attempt to momentarily blind him.
The man swings his sword wildly as the dirt hits him, at this, Kron crawls backwards and staggers to his feet. He slowly makes his way over to the downed man, lowering his axe down to his neck - waiting for the standing goon to clear his face of the dirt.

"Lay down your weapon and I'll consider spareing you both." The man finnaly manages to clear his vision, then he replies. "And give up ten thousand!? I could retire on that!"
Kron smirks "You idiot... The man you were dealing with is on my side, we tricked the lot of you. Your boss is dead."
"Balls he is! Your friend is dead by now!" At those words the man carefully advances. However his friend intervenes with panicly outbursts "Wait! Wait! I give! I don't wanna die! oh gods I don't wanna die!"
"You bloody coward!"
"Think about it.. you sent a man back to investigate.. He haven't returned."
The man stops his advance, his eyebrows twitching.
"You admitted the scream sounded like your boss... He is dead." Kron smiled slyly, knowing that his word effected the men.
"Unless you want to die too you will throw your sword in the sea. NOW!"
The mans lower lip begins to tremble, his spirit breaking.. he slowly tosses his sword into the water. "Good boy... now kneel." The man frowns but does as told. As he is down Kron raises his axe up high, then brings it down upon the man on the ground beside him - decapitating him. "You bastard! You said you would let us go!" Kron immediately rushes towards the kneeling man who was in the process of getting up on his feet, however too slowly - Kron swings his axe, hitting the man directly in the chest - the axe sinks through the metal and into the soft flesh below which sends the man backwards into the dirt, bleeding out.

Kron made his way back to Kincaid yet again, Caverri lays dead on the ground and the last remaining goon who went back to check up on Caverri stares at his dead boss in chock. He slowly turns around only to come face to face with Kron, Kincaid stepped closer to block him.
"I suggest you surrender."
"I-I surrender!"
"I suggest he jumps in the water."
"Whu-what?" His eyes widen.
"Good idea."
"Alright! Alright I'll..."
"Jump in the water, and you live, get to go and start a family, become a good man. This life ain't for you." The man looks unsure, but he nods.
"That's a good man." The man leaps over the wall and into the chest high stream, armor filling with water but nevertheless he missions on.
Kron takes a deep breath, glanceing to Kincaid. "Mission complete?"
"I suppose it is, I've stuff to prove we took care of it."
"Let's return then."

(( And thats it :) Thanks to Kincaid and DM Trickster for that awesome event. My crappy writing here cant justify it but atleast its good practice for me. It came out hella alot longer than I expected. ))

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 8th, '10, 03:10 
Masters of Fate

//Could someone gift the Kron-ster with +1 level when they next see him?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 10th, '10, 18:47 
Masters of Fate

// Done.

To spare the sands, the seas, the skies
I offer thee this silent sacrifice."

Offline Profile