Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 16:37

Post subject: A shadow in the west
PostPosted: Sep 25th, '10, 03:50 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril glanced about the city of Westport cautiously as she stepped in through the gates. She had come disguised as a travelling sorcerer, garbed in flashy teal, and her hair dyed blonde. She pulled up her hood to keep the rain from falling into her hair, though thankfully it was night time, which made it easier on her eyes, she began to wander the dark streets in search for a tavern.

“Can't tarry... Can't let Puq get to him before I do...” She thought in her mind as she spotted a sign with a picture of a mug on it, indicating a tavern. A perfect place to stop, and perhaps learn something, laughter was heard within, and the lighted windows flickered with the shadows of the patrons.

Elissril stepped inside, closing the door behind her and stepping up to the bar with an easy smile, the smiling came easy to her, especially with her amulet worn beneath her clothing. It sent waves of soothing calm throughout her which kept her at ease. She ordered her first ale, and then she asked her inevitable question in the hopes of finding a direction to go from there.

“I look for a man named Luke... Would you know where I can find him?” She asked, her easy smile remained.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: A shadow in the west
PostPosted: Sep 25th, '10, 19:53 
Twilight Council

The bartender glanced toward her with a somber smile as he wiped a sticky glass with an equally dirty rag. "Well, miss, we have a lot of 'Lukes' here. Any particular one you're talking about?" He put down the glass on the wooden bar with a dull "clink" to rub his stubbled chin with one gnarled hand, "Didn't break your heart, did he?"

Title OSST - Official Server Sneaky Thing - Granted by Official Server Grouch
Title Grammar Police - Granted by community.
Title Pollcat - Granted by community.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 25th, '10, 19:56 
Masters of Fate

The small skiff shook and trembled in the early morning waters, the crew of two lashing at the sails and keeping a wary eye to the cliff-adorned coastline they so carefuly kept close to.

All but one of the five passengers kept themselves huddled in long oiled leather cloaks, shaking from side to side whereas the fifth stood cocksure at the mast, silver mask glinting and grinning in the faint light given by the moon.

---

His missive found Jim the Thumb in good time, that rainswept morning in Westport. Along with the heavy, solid gold tradebars.

"I need to find a man, we'll be setting down the following dawn, have everything prepared.

Desert Mouse."

Him, coming here? That usually meant good gold to be earned but a fair share of trouble on the side. His nest of likeminded Goodmen were growing, too, as was support for their work in Westport. The Good work was always prolific in Westport, the clergy always more intent on the Dead and the Armed Millitia looking outside of the walls rather than in but as of late the secret wars that waged for control of the streets had gotten out of hand.

It was the Desert Mouse who arrived, some say many days, moons, perhaps even years ago, to spread his word. Good work to be had, just like the old days, available to those versed in the trade of Honest Men. All they had to do was heed his word and opt out of the little fights and scraps over the precious commidity being the "turf" of the city. Innitialy it caused an uproar and backlash from those well positioned and hidden in the shadows of the city but being such a slippery entity, his word simply outlasted those looking to remove him from the picture.

A manhunt, was it? Thumb tucked the folded letter into his apron and went about clearing the tables of the inn, mind set on whether or not he'll have need to change his name again come the end of the day...

---

They made good time, the five slipping over the city walls come the break of day, black hoods pulled high, cloaks trailing the cobblestone pavements, looking like a group of dark agents from any chosen popular fantastical stories.

With a nod from the lead, two dispersed into the streets leaving three walking, aiming for the docks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 25th, '10, 19:59 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril pondered until she heard the clink of her drink, and sipped it, and then nodded in response. “Well... yes. He did... It would be nice to have one final talk with him.” She said in reply, she wasn't exactly sure if this was the Luke she wanted, but she was perhaps hopefully on the right track.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sep 25th, '10, 20:08 
Twilight Council

The bartender placed the empty glass he had been wiping on the rack above the bar, perhaps deeming it clean enough for future use. It fit in quite well with the rest of the spotted, streaked glasses, after all. He then leaned forward, placing a flat palm upon the sticky wood as his eyes fixed upon the young sorceress, "Lonely hearts, eh? I could fix that for you. But if you're wanting to talk to a Luke, you're going to have to tell me which one. There's Luke Petrov and Luke Andreev and Luke Ivanov...just to name a few. I'll give him a good talking to for you, you can be sure."

Title OSST - Official Server Sneaky Thing - Granted by Official Server Grouch
Title Grammar Police - Granted by community.
Title Pollcat - Granted by community.

Offline Profile