Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 20:28

Post subject: The Sunrise Cathedral.
PostPosted: Sep 28th, '10, 19:42 
Level 6 Player Character

A Knight shall know no fear.

He shall endeavor to be truthful in all matters.

He must be courteous at all times.

"Ect, ect. You know how it goes." The old Paladin says to himself, looking about the ancient Cathedral which is deserted at this early hour.

Trying to remain honest. I think I've done well, so far. . I've kept true and steady, I haven't once lied, nor have I committed any dark acts.

"Yet it was a low move."

It had to be done. You arrest these people. They get out. They carry on killing, nothing changes.

Any evidence uncovered-names, people, places. All will be processed according to the Law. But my gods, is it possible to make anything stick?!

Galredhan's clever. Look at how he's bent justice, law, order, the church. . . .. to his will.

Perhaps this way, I can deal them a blow and fight back.

"But. It is not right."

You must stick to these Laws. You must handle it correctly. You must! This vigilante justice, all this killing-the Lotus, Zalla. It's wrong. Certainly, it's harming them. . but is this what we're reduced to?

Where is your honour? Your pride?

"It must be done. Solinar's people deserve better."

But this is not the way! You are not some Syndicate thug, my man. You are a Knight! A Paladin! A Champion!

He sits there for quite a while. Thinking, arguing with himself mostly.

Yet finally, he stands.

Let him go. Keep out of this. Get it done right, let Kincaid run around murdering them.

If it gets results, lovely. He walks away with his reward, his clean slate and everyone's happy.

If not. You must live with the consequences, and try to make something good from it.

You're a Knight. Not some scheming spy or thug.

Do it right old boy, even if it's that much harder. You'll be the better man for it.

Offline Profile