Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 29th, '24, 01:28

Post subject: Student of the Axe
PostPosted: Oct 7th, '10, 20:26 
Level 3 Player Character

Kron skulks about as he always does and his sensitive ears actually picked up something he could use. He heard rumors of a great Weapon Master named Hanzo Hattori, located in a small village called Sil Lum, in Zheradan.

Clearly this Hanzo is a human, but Kron knew he was in need of training and his usual training just didn't cut it anymore. Despite his pride Kron decided to go visit Hanzo Hattori in hopes of learning the secrets of a Weapon Master.

Kron arrived in Sil Lum after a few hours with the travelling wagon. He glanced about slowly, examinating his surroundings. He made sure to keep his face hidden beneath his hood as he walked through the village. A female citizen was about to pass him as Kron asked where to find Hanzo. She pointed him towards a large building at the center of the village.

Kron opened the doors and saw an elderly human male with a samurai sword strapped to his hip. He was drinking some herbel tea, alone.. the building was empty aside for the two.

"Hanzo Hattori?" Kron asked, narrowing his eyes at the human.
The elderly human turned around to face Kron and replied after taking a long sip of his tea "Yes? What can I do for you?".

Kron closed the doors behind him, then looked Hanzo up and down.. examinating him with his blood red eyes. Yes, this is the one.
"I seek training. I wish to become one with my axe."
Hanzo put down his cup of tea, then examinated Kron with his eyes and after a long moment of silence he finnaly spoke "No."

Kron raised a brow in suprise by his reply "... No?"
Hanzo nodded before continueing "You do not strike me as one who would use my wisdom for good." Kron frowned at this "I assure you, I only intend to use your training in self-defense, for I will no doubt need it."

Hanzo looked at Kron without saying a word for another long moment.
"Nevertheless, I cannot train you." Kron clenched his right fist, clearly getting irritated. "I'm not leaving until you accept me."
Hanzo sighed before replying "Then I'll have to make you."
Kron untied his axe hanging from his belt and grabbed it with a tight grip.
"So be it."

Hanzo drew forth his sword, holding at the ready as he starred at Kron without blinking and without moving from his spot. Kron charged towards him, his axe held at shoulder level - as he got within an arms reach he began to swing his axe wildly and relentless. Hanzo merely parried every blow, even dodged a few. "You definitely got strength." Hanzo said with a smirk as his sword clashed with Kron's axe.

"Train me!" Kron said with gritted teeth as he struck another blow, which also got parried. However this time Hanzo retaliated, he gracefully swung his sword in a upwards arc - cutting Kron's shoulder which resulted in the Drow hissing loudly. "You have the strength, yes.. but you have ALOT to learn." At that, Kron leapt forward again, clashing his axe into Hanzo's sword - cursing loudly in Drow. However this time he suprised Hanzo by quickly swinging forth his tower shield that were hanging on his back, hitting Hanzo hard in the ribs - sending the old man stumbleing slightly back.

Kron smiled arrogantly to himself as he quickly followed up with another attack, though to his suprise Hanzo spinned around with amazing speed, then slams the pummel of his sword directly into Kron's forhead - sending him down on his arse. "Enough! I will train you... but you must work with your emotions - the anger clouds your awareness. What's your name?"

Kron staggerd up on his feet, rubbing his forhead where he was hit.
"Kron Xymos."
Hanzo smiled at him "Get some rest Kron, we continue this early tomorrow."

// More to come!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Student of the Axe
PostPosted: Oct 9th, '10, 12:15 
Twilight Council

1 level

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Oct 12th, '10, 17:49 
Level 12 Player Character

done

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Oct 20th, '10, 18:40 
Level 3 Player Character

To this day Kron still don't quite understand why Hanzo decided to train him. Perhaps he finds Kron interesting, or perhaps he was bored - Hanzo haven't had a student for quite some time. Regardless, it dosen't matter to him, as long as he gets his training.

Almost two months has went by since they first met and Kron have definitely become better... stronger. He trains hard everyday nearly without breaks. He wish to surpass those arrogant surfacers, to become feared.
"Very good Kron, channel the energy!"

Kron were beating a training dummy relentlessly, sweat dripping from his nose-tip, yet his breathing were calm. At Hanzo's instruction, he channeled all his energy to his axe-arm, into one powerful strike - which resulted in Kron decapitateing the training dummy.

"Excellent, Kron. Drink some water, we will continue shortly."
Kron has been instructed to leave his tower shield behind until he has learned to wield his axe with both hands flawlessly. He emptied his canteen for water before walking to the center of the room, where Hanzo were waiting with his sword at the ready.
"Show me what you've learned, and do not hold back."

Kron nodded once to Hanzo, to indicate that he was ready. Kron charged forward, his axe held at chest level in a tight grip and as he was within reach, Kron began to channel his energy. He could feel it surge from his feet and fingertips, through his stomach and onwards to his axe-arm. He striked in a upwards arc in an attempt to cut Hanzo from chest to right shoulder, but Hanzo managed to parry the attack and their weapons clashed together which echoed loudly in the big building.

Kron had the advantage of being stronger, atleast in body, and so he slowly gained the upper-hand by forceing Hanzo down on his knees. However, Hanzo is a skilled warrior and wouldn't be beaten that easily. Hanzo quickly spinned around with the axe, using Kron's strength against himself, but he also managed to slap the Drow across the face by using the flat side of his blade, an example of the whirlwind attack. Kron hissed at the slap and gritted his teeth in aggravation, but he took a deep breath and regained his calm.

"You've improved, Kron. This time, I'll attack you. Prepare yourself."
Kron nodded once to him. "I'm ready." And with that, Hanzo charged forward.
The Drow dodged the first strike by simply moving his head back. Hanzo had his feet apart and his knees slightly bent as he attempts to pierce Kron's stomach with a stab of his Katana, however Kron managed to slap the Katana to the side with his axe while on the same time he attempted to punch Hanzo in the face with his free hand.
Hanzo dodged the punch, then made a frontal kick - sending Kron stumbleing back a few feet.

Kron quickly leapt forward again, attacking the old man relentlessly and at the next given chance he would change hand, so that he was suddenly using his left hand instead of the right. Hanzo parried and dodged Kron's assault, however not as easily as he did at day one. There it was, the oppertunity to change hand, Hanzo attempted to counter-attack, but Kron spinned around after parrying the attack and as he did so, he threw the axe to his left hand.

As he came face to face with Hanzo once again he quickly held up his axe towards the unexpecting Hanzo's throat with a wicked smile. Kron had more than enough time to slice his throat before Hanzo could parry or counter-attack. For once, Victory was his.
Hanzo smiled proudly to his student. "Well done.. You've come a long way since we first met, and on such short time too."
Kron slowly removed the axe from Hanzo's throat, and retied it to his belt. "I've a good teacher." He walked over to the corner of the room to grab his tower-shield.
Hanzo chuckled "That you do, but do not make the mistake of thinking that your training is over just because you beat me in one duel. You still have more to learn."

Kron slinged his tower-shield over his shoulder, so that it hangs on his back once more. He nodded once to Hanzo before leaving, still with a smile on his face. Atlast he could feel the improvement.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Oct 21st, '10, 14:57 
Twilight Council

1 level

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 2nd, '10, 03:15 
Masters of Fate

// Level given, and unlocked.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 15th, '10, 18:58 
Level 3 Player Character

Much time has passed since Kron first began his training with Hanzo Hattori. Kron has become a better warrior, during his time with Hanzo he has mastered the famous whirlwind attack, channeling his energy into powerful Ki attacks, wield his axe with both hands flawlessly and overall improved his strength both in body as well in mind. However, his technique is not perfect and still needs work.

Lately Kron has spent alot of time in Solinar, attempting to contact Binn Gan Fo in secret, but so far with no luck. Though he has not forgotten his training, he still uses his newly learned skills against the giants at the Kragolmar mountains. In addition, Kron have also been busy with House Decora - ever since he fled his home he has tried to find a way to return without being executed, and atlast he succeeded... with luck on his side, but thats another story.

Every now and then he travels to the village of Sil Lum, to continue his training with Hanzo Hattori. The training now focuses on Kron's technique.
A skilled Weapon master has the abilities to inflict some serious damage, fast - A fight with a weapon master usually ends quickly due to their lethal blows.

Kron has a unique style himself, he uses his shield as a weapon almost more than he uses it to defend with. He usually targets his victim's knees or throat to take them down quickly. If he stands to lose he will use dirty tricks, such as throwing dirt into his opponents eyes. He will do anything to achive victory.

After a weeks training in Sil Lum, Kron left to return to Solinar, this time on foot. As he walked through the Great Forest he was stopped by three bandits, all quite young. Early twenties at the most. Their equipment was... pathetic. Worn leather armor and one of them even carried a rusty sword.

"Well well.. what do we have here?" One of them said as he stepped infront of Kron, blocking his way. The other two circled him so he was surrounded.
"This one looks Rich, Johnny!" The one left of Kron said with a sly smile on his face.
"How many times have I told you not to use my real name?! Idiot!... Anyway, as my friend here pointed out - you look rich. Hand over your gold and we will let you continue on your merry way."

Kron held his shield at the ready, and his right hand rests on the hilt of his axe. "Johnny boy... you picked the wrong man to rob."
The man on the right side of Kron drew his sword "Hey shorty! Give up your gold and no one has to get hurt." He was dangerously close to Kron.
Kron were starreing at Johnny, but then suddenly he quickly slammed his shield directly into the man to the right, hitting his face which resulted in a tooth flying out of his mouth, along with a bit of blood. That attack caught them off guard, and as Johnny and the man to the left drew their swords Kron took the oppertunity to grab the man he hit before and take him as a houstage.

"Another move and I'll snap his neck." The remaining two immediatly stopped their advance. Kron then whispered into the mans ear; "I'll save you for last." Before the man got a chance to reply, or warn the others he was stabbed in the shoulder with one of Kron's daggers. He then tossed him towards the remaining two - Kron following right behind, his axe now held tightly in his hand. Johnny grabbed the man and thus stumbled back by the impact.. giveing Kron time to kill the other one.
"You BASTARD!" He yelled as he charged towards Kron. Clearly these kids are inexperinced. The man held his sword up high and when he got close enough he hammered it down, but Kron merely stepped to the side - easily avoiding the attack. The man left his entire right side open, and Kron didn't hesitate - One grusome strike to the mans kidney. His eyes widened and he dropped his sword as he slowly fell to the ground, dead.

"P--Peter!.. Please.. let us go! We're sorry! We will never do it again! PLEASE!" Johnny pleaded more and more for every step Kron took towards him. Kron suddenly went into a sprint, instead of walking and when he got close enough he used his shield to bash away Johnny's sword while on the same time he smashed his axe into Johnny's right kneecab, the axe easily pierced his leather armor and flesh, it sinked deep into his bone.
"AARRRGH!!!" He screamed out in pain as he fell to the ground, the crows in the forest took off in every direction at the scream.
He then stepped on Johnny's throat, slowly increasing the pressure... strangleing him. After a small spasm Johnny no longer moved. Only one man left, he was lying on the ground bleeding from the stab earlier.. horrified by Kron's cruelty.
Kron pulled down his hood, revealing his Dark elven origin. He slowly made his way over to the last remaining man with a wicked smile on his face.
"Not very smart to r-- UGRH!" He was interupted by a kick to the balls.

Kron stumbled back, his hands holding over his groin as a natural reaction. The man tried to escape by crawling away, but just as he thoght he would escape his leg got pulled. Kron yanked him closer to himself by the leg
"You little worm!" He then sat down on his chest, clenching his gauntlet fists, then he began his relentless assault - punching the man countless of times in the face, beating him into a bloody pulp.. not even his own mother could recognise him now. Blood was dripping from his gauntlets when he finnaly was done. Kron stood up, dusted himself off and then returned back to Solinar.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 15th, '10, 22:45 
Masters of Fate

1 level. -Granted

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Dec 2nd, '10, 16:11 
Level 3 Player Character

---------------------------Many years ago-------------------------------

A young Dark Elf had the task of gathering lumber for the city. He and a small group of Dark Elves were to travel to the surface and aquire a good bundle of lumber, however on the way they ran into a minor patrol who were on their way back to the city. One of them was particularly dominating towards the others.

"Hello there, Kron. How's my imbecile brother faring?"
Kron's brother, Naril, stepped forward with a sly smile on his face. He was the older and larger of the two. Naril just recently became a guard of the city, Tsaur'Rothan. Kron had no rank or title, but he helped the military and the more influential houses to the best of his abilities, which is why he was assigned to his current task of gathering lumber.
Kron clenched his fist and stared at his brother with murder in his eyes. The two of them has always been rivals, however Naril always had the upper hand. He was one of the favored males and many saw much potential in him.

"Get out of my way, Naril. I'm on a mission.."
The others Kron were with slowly backed off a few feet, afraid of the patrol.. especially Naril.
"Oh, a mission? You mean you're out to gather lumber.. that's a task for a slave." Naril chuckled and so did his patrol as if they were his echo.
Kron held his axe tightly in his right hand, at the time it was only a tool used to cut down trees, little did he know that this was to be his weapon of choise.
"Are you calling me a slave?" Kron took a step forward. He knew Naril was superior in skill and in strength, but Kron has never been one to cower.
"I take your advance as a challenge... and I accept!" At the last word Naril lashed out at Kron, hitting him across the face with the back of his hand.

Kron in return swinged his axe at Naril, aiming for his right side. However, Kron had recieved no real training yet. At the time, the only training Kron had was his own and that was only to strengthening his body.
Naril easily dodged the attack, then he drew his longsword and with one swift attack he managed to cut Kron's right arm, forceing him to drop his axe.
"You're pathetic, brother!"
Kron was holding his left hand over the wound, glareing at his brother.

Kron spat at Naril, hitting his forhead. "You'll regreat that..." Naril said as he sheathed his longsword. Naril jumped Kron, forceing him down on the ground where they rolled around hitting eachother, Naril landing more punches than Kron by far. The others was just watching.. Naril's group were cheering and laughing and Kron's group just watched in silence.

Kron had somehow managed to get a good hold of Naril, Kron was laying on his back with Naril on top, with his back towards the ground. Kron held his right arm tightly around Naril's throat, slowly chokeing him while on the same time he held Naril's right arm behind his back, with the wounded arm.
After a short time of gasping for air, Naril turned his head towards Kron's ear, then bit it.. /HARD/. Kron screamed in pain and released his hold over his brother. Naril spat out a big chunk of Kron's ear, infact it was the tip of his right ear.

Naril got back up on his feet and dusted himself off and wiped his mouth from blood. "We're leaving..." The patrol nodded once before heading off. Naril kicked Kron in the face once, before following his group and from there everything went black. Kron woke up hours later in Tsaur'Rothan, all healed up except for his ear.
Naril made sure the temple did not heal that, somehow.

From that day on Kron began to train with the same axe he dropped in the fight with his brother.

------------------------------Now---------------------------------------

Kron has become a skilled warrior, or perhaps he should call himself a Weapon Master now.
His Weapon master trainer, Hanzo Hattori have nothing more to teach him and so they have gone each their way.
His determination to be the best has no doubt got him to where he is today.
In a strange way, it's thanks to his brother.

Offline Profile