Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mar 28th, '24, 17:06

PostPosted: Oct 29th, '10, 02:49 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril sat at the middle of the market ward in Solinar, the morning sun was just starting to peek down into the city when a flash of light appeared infront of Elissril, a man in black appearing from the outlines of the flash of light. Elissril's eyes caught a glimpse of the flashing light, and she glanced up.

“Miss Elissril?” The archmage asked.

Elissril nodded. “Yes? Thats me.”

“Would you follow me into the Mage's Tower, for a moment?”

“Sure.” Elissril said as she stood up and followed the archmage into the tower that was nearby.

“Please close the door behind you.” The archmage said as they entered the tower, Elissril obliged, and pushed the door closed, before following the archmage to a corner of the tower. The archmage waved a hand, and two chairs appeared. “Why don't we have a seat.”

”Ah, convienient.” Elissril replied as she sat on the chair, the archmage himself wasting no time in seating himself as well and continuing. “It has been brought to our attention that you possess a certai--” The archmage's words were cut off as a loud crack was heard beneath Elissril's chair, the legs breaking off and sending her tumbling on the floor.

“You had to break it?” The archmage asked curiously.

Elissril stood up, rubbing her backside and replying. “I didn't.”

The remains of the broken chair disappeared, and a new one appeared. Suspicious, Elissril placed her knee on it carefully to test its stability. “There, that one should be more stable.”

”Fair enough.” Elissril said as she said down, satisfied with her own testing of the chair.

“Ahum, as I was saying. We have been giving the understanding that you are in possession of a certain dagger.” The archmage continued again.

Elissril tilted her head. “This wouldn't happen to be the most recent dagger I got, would it?”

“One that has been claimed to have been created by a demilich, yes.” The archmage replied.

Elissril waved a hand slowly. “Mmmh, so what of it?”

“We have credible information that states that using it, would be very unwise.” The archmage warned.

“It drains the power back to the demilich, or what?” Elissril inquired.

“As I understand, it works only against palemasters. Curious as that is, as
the only existing source of power to do such, is the Power of Hades.” The archmage explained.

“That sounds like powers beyond imagining.” Elissril nodded as she replied.

The archmage stood up as he said, “Let me show you.” and stepped towards Elissril, holding out a hand. “Are you willing to join me, for a short, yet safe, insightful trick?”

“Eh, sure. Lets see what this is all about.” Elissril said as she took his hand and stood up, moments of total darkness engulfing her vision. And then she was standing in an endless graveyard, stretching in all directions as far as any human vision could reach.

“This, miss Elissril, is what Hades looks like. This is where the forgotten rest, where the dead, long forgotten, lie eternally. Uninterupted.” The archmage explained.

”Hmm, indeed.” Elissril mused out as she glanced about, and then suddenly saw a torrent of light streaming into her eyes, causing her to squint.

“Mage. You should not have come here. Return now.” A commanding voice called out from towards the light, and Elissril could make it out to be a winged angel as her squinting eyes began to adjust.

“Thats a bit bright.” Elissril said in reply.

“You are not allowed here. Go home.” was all she got in response from the archangel.

“I am merely showing the girl, what she is dealing with.” The archmane answered.

“Yeah, just a bit've insight, we'll be gone before you know it.” Elissril added.

“You should turn back, now. This is the last warning.” The archangel said again.

“Lets leave.” The archmage said, reaching out a hand, and Elissril took it. A moment of darkness ensued for both of them, and then they were back at the corner of the Mages Tower where the chairs were, and they both sat down. “Most curious. I did not think we would even be noticed.” he mused out loud.

Elissril nodded. “Sheesh, planar things don't like us roaming around huh?”

“The correct question would be, why is Lord Michael there. Its unlikely, unless something is due, that an archangel is guarding the plains of Hades.” The archmage explained.

“I dunno, I don't know him.” Elissril answered.

The archmage responded quickly. “You do. That was Lord Geran.”

Elissril raised a brow and looked at the archmage incredulously. “Really?”

The archmage nodded, “Yes. This matter has become a lot more interesting. I came to teach you of a dagger, instead, we must all learn... from this short... trip.”

“Nathan was about when I got the dagger, but he seemed to have gotten beamed out halfway through.” Elissril explained.

“This is not my area of expertise miss Elissril. I suggest asking miss Anni or lord Scarbo about it. But they are probably as likely to answer as lord Geran himself. As for the dagger, it is a key, not a weapon.” The archmage answered and explained.

“A key huh, like a key to a ritual?” Elissril tilted her head, being familar with such things as that by now.

“No. A key into Hades. To unlock the thing that can destroy the palemasters. If we wish to rid the world of their evil, you must find it.” The archmage explained to Elissril.

Elissril pondered this. She still thought it might be a bit too good to be true. “But why would a demilich give out a key like that?” she inquired.

“Because he cannot go there himself.” The archmage answered.

“And I bet Nathan will try to stop me if I go to look, too.” Elissril mused out loud.

“Those are not his lands, miss Elissril.” The archmage said in response.

“But he chased us away from the endless graveyard.” Elissril retorted, which she was still curious about.

“Lord Geran is not in charge. We really could use that weapon.” The archmage said back firmly.

“So you propose I go to Hades, and find where this key unlocks?” Elissril asked, finally.

The archmage nodded. ”Yes. Imagine it, miss Elissril, ridding the world of Palemasters.”

“Thats a worthy goal to have, and I'm honored to be carrying it out. Just know that I'll be needing a means of getting there though.” Elissril said in agreeeance.

The archmage nodded, before standing up. “I will have to return to my colleagues. Expect to hear from us soon.” The archmage said, before walking upstairs further in the tower.

Elissril stood up and nodded before leaving the tower, and stepping out of Solinar's city gates. As she stepped into the plains, she pondered the entire meeting and trip. Why was an archangel patrolling Hades? Perhaps knowing that Elissril would be set to the task that she has ahead of her? She shrugged that thought off for now. Now was the time to begin thinking of bringing allies together. But first was the matter of writing a few notes and reporting.

None saw the cat vanish as she stepped behind a boulder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Nov 6th, '10, 20:10 
Level 5 Player Character

Elissril pushed the half burnt front door of her home open in Solinar. Waves of mixed feelings of fear, confusion, and anxiety came over her as she stepped inside. She was still shaken up at the acts of what she did just an eve ago.

“End of the line, Arli... you should never have made my friend disappear.” A male voice spoke out as Elissril made her way quietly to the small living room of her home. Two men dressed in black were standing, facing a elven woman in a teal suit. The table in the room was kicked over to the side as well.

“Should I have stood idly while he dragged my daughter away, then?” The elven woman said with a faint grin on the corner of her lips, she easily spotted her daughter Elissril sneaking up behind one of the men, who drew out a familar elven dagger. She wasted no time in running the sharp edge of the dagger along the man's neck as the other man continued.

“Yes, you should ha--” The man immediately stopped speaking as he heard the sounds of choking and gurgling, looking back quickly in alarm to spot the other man dying before his eyes, then he turned to face the elven woman again, but it was too late. Arli had already drawn a short sword of her own, and as he looked at her again, she stabbed and drove the short sword into his forehead, his body became dead weight almost immediately as he fell back, Arli yanked the sword out of his head as he fell. Elissril quickly glanced around for other immediate threats, and upon spotting none, she ran to hug her beloved mother.

“Elissril!” Arli called out to her daughter as she hugged her, speaking softly in her ear. “Thats my girl, just how I taught you... But tell me, what has happened?”

“Never mind that mother, I'll explain later... Right now I'm here to get you safely out of this city. We can't live here anymore in safety.” Elissril said back softly as she hesitantly broke away from the hug, walking around the corner and stepping upstairs, her mother following. “We can avoid most of the troubles through the rooftops, come on, we have no time to waste.” Elissril explained with a sense of urgency in her voice. The both of them stepped into Elissril's room, which was untouched, but Elissril knew that would not be the case for long as she opened her windows, climbing out and up the wall onto the rooftop, which was not a long climb, and there were a couple of gaps on the wall that allowed one to grasp and place their feet in.

As Elissril waited for her mother to climb up, she glanced down and around at the downtown city streets surrounding her. At least a half dozen corpses littered them, along with bits of smashed glass, and even a knocked down door down one street. She nodded as Arli got up onto the rooftop and they began their sprint to jump to the next adjacent building. Not many people used the rooftops for traversing the city thankfully, especially in these chaotic times where everyone was more busy feuding and killing each other in the streets. The two made it to the rooftops of the Market Ward without incident.

The two made their final leap onto the walls, which was almost unmanned now due to the chaos. Elissril grabbed some rope from her pack, and tied it around the railing, and then she threw the remainder of the rope down the wall, before grasping it and sliding down the rope with her gloves on. Elissril then glanced about as her mother slid down the ropes with a touch more refined gracefulness to it, as she landed on her own two feet, she looked to Elissril and asked the inevitable question. “So what exactly is going on? I couldn't even step outside without being attacked!"

Elissril walked out onto the plains, making a motion with her hand indicating her mother to follow to which she obliged, keeping right beside her as they then turned northwards, walking. “I fucked up, mother... See I was given a dagger by a demilich who called himself Seth... it turned out to be a key to something in Hades... that kept the horrors locked, that you now see unhinged upon Solinar... And Domorus has fallen, and has been consumed by the void in the sky. And now Solinar is on the verge of destruction, and everyone is powerless to stop it. I killed us all, mother... I am sorry.” Elissril explaned as they made their way towards the Myst Forest, it was already in sight shortly ahead.

Arli stopped after Elissril explained, looking at her daughter incredulously and in concern. “You... You released all of that? My gods... What will we do then?”

“Listen to me mother, theres no way to undo all of this, but the least we can do is try to survive and hold out for as long as we can. Go to the lodge in the Myst forest, you'll be safe staying there for awhile.” Elissril said with a hint of pleading in her voice.

Arli merely nodded at this and asked, ”And what will you do then?”

Elissril looked down at the ground, murmuring out her answer. “I don't know...”

Offline Profile